No announcement yet.

2024 Election Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nikki Haley gets the coveted Koch endorsement which indicates that the GOP winds could be changing.
    Last edited by madducks; 11-30-2023, 01:11 PM.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Wow, they actually tossed out George Santos

Comment

• but the party leadership voted against tossing him out. Amazing

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
          Robert F. Kennedy Jr. now says he will run as a third-party candidate.​
          On December 28, American Values 2024 (RFK Jr. PAC) announced in a tweet that “superstar tenor Andrew Bocelli will perform” at a RFK Jr's birthday party/fundraiser with “‘well-wisher’ guests” including Martin Sheen, Mike Tyson and Dionne Warwick.” Only problem is that none of them agreed to attend and now say they will not be there. Oooops.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• This is a major win for Ron DeSantis:

The Food and Drug Administration on Friday approved Florida’s plan to import drugs from Canada, making it the first state to do so. The plan is expected to save Florida residents hundreds of millions of dollars annually. DeSantis has accused President Biden of delaying this approval for the last 3 years.

Before drugs can be imported, Florida’s Agency for Health Care Administration needs to submit specific medicines to the FDA for review and approval and ensure that they have been tested for authenticity and safety.

As expected, Big Pharma is pissing their pants right now.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

This is a major win for Ron DeSantis:

The Food and Drug Administration on Friday approved Florida’s plan to import drugs from Canada, making it the first state to do so. The plan is expected to save Florida residents hundreds of millions of dollars annually. DeSantis has accused President Biden of delaying this approval for the last 3 years.

Before drugs can be imported, Florida’s Agency for Health Care Administration needs to submit specific medicines to the FDA for review and approval and ensure that they have been tested for authenticity and safety.

As expected, Big Pharma is pissing their pants right now.
              That's good, now Biden can take credit for it like DeSantis takes credit for projects that received funds from the Infrastructure Bill and Inflation Reduction Act, two bills he vehemently opposed.

Comment

• Chris Christie drops out of the race

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Chris Christie drops out of the race
                  VP nominee?

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Megyn Kelly said that if Michelle Obama launches a candidacy for the 2024 presidential election, “it’s a whole new ballgame.”

“There’s no question she’s more talented than Joe Biden is politically. No question,” Kelly added during Tuesday’s episode of her SiriusXM podcast, “The Megyn Kelly Show.”

Though Kelly said she’s unsure whether the former first lady would vie for the commander-in-chief role, she called Obama “a powerful Democratic weapon” during her husband’s two terms in the White House.

The former Fox News personality pointed to Obama’s appearance on Jay Shetty’s “On Purpose” podcast as a hint that she could launch a presidential bid.

“Very interesting she should resurface now,” Kelly added.

During the interview with Shetty, published Monday, Obama said that she’s “terrified about what could possibly happen”in the 2024 presidential election.

“Our leaders matter, who we select, who speaks for us, who holds that bully pulpit. It affects us in ways that I think sometimes people take for granted,” added the 59-year-old former lawyer.

“We cannot take this democracy for granted and sometimes I worry that we do,” Obama said, not directly mentioning Donald Trump. “Those are the things that keep me up.”

In September, Senator Ted Cruz (R-Texas) predicted that Michelle Obama could be “parachuted in”at the Democratic National Convention in August 2024.​

The Republican politician noted that the DNC convention will be held in Chicago — Obama’s hometown — and argued that it is the perfect “opportunity to parachute someone in” to replace Biden.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Top JPMorgan strategist Michael Cembalest, who heads the market and investment strategy unit in the Wall Street bank’s asset management division, made the bold forecast in his list of “Ten Surprises” for 2024 that Joe Biden will not will not run for re-election.

Cembalest surmised that 81-year-old Biden will drop out of the race “sometime between Super Tuesday [March 5] and the November election, citing health concerns.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Ron DeSantis is now complaining about Fox News and other right wing media outlets for not holding Trump accountable for his actions. Where were those complaints the last 7 years?

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Top JPMorgan strategist Michael Cembalest, who heads the market and investment strategy unit in the Wall Street bank’s asset management division, made the bold forecast in his list of “Ten Surprises” for 2024 that Joe Biden will not will not run for re-election.

Cembalest surmised that 81-year-old Biden will drop out of the race “sometime between Super Tuesday [March 5] and the November election, citing health concerns.”
                          This would be monumentally irresponsible. Cripes, I made a list last night of like 10 liberals I would rather vote for over him, but if he waits that long, he's gotta stay in in. Get the fuck out now if you are going.
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post

This would be monumentally irresponsible. Cripes, I made a list last night of like 10 liberals I would rather vote for over him, but if he waits that long, he's gotta stay in in. Get the fuck out now if you are going.
                            I wish he would. I'm not a Biden hater, but he is 81, diminished, and his approval rating is lower than prices on xmas decorations right now. He says it is too early to look at polls, but it is a sad state of affairs that we keep running out the same old (very old) people as if we don't have anyone else to take these positions on in our country of 350 million people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post

I wish he would. I'm not a Biden hater, but he is 81, diminished, and his approval rating is lower than prices on xmas decorations right now. He says it is too early to look at polls, but it is a sad state of affairs that we keep running out the same old (very old) people as if we don't have anyone else to take these positions on in our country of 350 million people.
                              Seriously. I'm 56 and worried I could ever find another job if something happened here, but apparently you need to be nearly 80 to be trusted to run the country?
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post

Agreed, unless it was for some health related issue. Any other Dem (well, maybe besides Harris) would mop the floor with the traitorous conman.

Comment

Working...
                                X