2024 Election Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    I really didn't know much about Tim Walz before today, but his speech was electric, and he seems like the bulldog the Dems needed.
    One important thing to note is that Republicans are screaming foul Kamala didn't pick Shapiro, calling it antisemitic. You know it's a good pick when the right is crying, and it especially reveals how excited they were to obliterate Shapiro.

Seriously, the best VP pick since Gore, and the most hopeful and united the left has been since Obama.

Walz' messaging is just so fucking good, framing universal benefit programs as "being a good neighbor"! His ability to simplify the messaging, in a populist way, is 80 grade. Weird is going to stick.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      I really didn't know much about Tim Walz before today, but his speech was electric, and he seems like the bulldog the Dems needed.
      Agreed.
      When I first saw his pic, my first thought was, Oh no, another old guy. Come to find out he's 60...I thought he looked more like 70. He showed a lot of energy. Team Trump should be worried as he seems to be a good choice for Dems.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post

Yes, I expected him to win but I was hopeful. I’m just inherently pessimistic since I keep expecting him to go away and he just will not.
        I am even more pessimistic, even after Trump is gone , the issues that allowed him to be elected and remain in the spotlight for a decade remain. They won't just disappear magically. But defeating trump in the election would be a nice first step
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

I am even more pessimistic, even after Trump is gone , the issues that allowed him to be elected and remain in the spotlight for a decade remain. They won't just disappear magically. But defeating trump in the election would be a nice first step
          No, they won't disappear. However. Trump has his cult which no other person has ever had. Maybe once he's gone, there is an opportunity for a rational conversation where reasonable people can have different viewpoints. Then again, probably not.

Comment

I fear that the future will include a Don Jr. presidential run. And he may be worse than his father. So, the MAGA cult will be all in.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post

I fear that the future will include a Don Jr. presidential run. And he may be worse than his father. So, the MAGA cult will be all in.
              Or Elon Musk, or some.other billionaire, lots of bad possibilities
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Any potential GOP nominee would need the approval of Lord Paid-Her before the MAGA cult could support them.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post

That would be f'ing fantastic! A cokehead nepotist!

Once TFG ("That Felon Guy") loses -- AGAIN -- Republicans HAVE to wake up and realize they literally tossed away the last 6 years politically by coddling an incompetent traitor, out of fear he would primary them.

Just one poll, but a Marquette University poll shows Harris with an 8 point lead when dog eatin' bear killin' brain womin' Bob Kennedy is included.

Comment

• They're running the swiftboat play, again! The same political strategist who ran out the disgusting (but successful) swiftboat strategy against John Kerry is working for Trump, and running the same strategy against Tim Walz. I was a teenager when they did the swiftboat thing, and it blew my mind that people could be so gullible.

This time, they're claiming Walz wasn't dedicated enough to serving in the military because he ONLY served 24 years and "bailed" right before deployment to Iraq.

So commander bone-spur's VP is attacking Walz for stolen valor. That should go well.

Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Read that this morning. He retired a full year before his unit deployed, and filed paperwork to run for Congress two months before reports emerged that the Minnesota National Guard might deploy there. He should have been Nostradamus!

It's just so funny that Republicans cannot help themselves with personal attacks. Considering they're running a felon, traitor, pedo, rapist, bigot, racist, misogynist, draft dodger who historians named the worst president ever, maybe they should lay off that line of attack?

Comment

This would require changing the Constitution...

Comment

In the bigger picture, defeating neo-liberalism is my biggest priority. In my view, selecting Walz was the first sign of a shift away from neo-liberal bullshit.

Comment

• MY CROWD ON JANUARY 6TH WAS BIGGER THAN MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. WHEN HE SPOKE AT THE SAME LOCATION!

Even if that's true, who......fucking.....cares?

What a buffoon this guy is. He makes Dubya look like Einstein.

Comment

• I’m pretty curious as to why the impeachment hearings into President Biden and the ongoing controversy over Hunter Biden have grown silent. Thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                                MY CROWD ON JANUARY 6TH WAS BIGGER THAN MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. WHEN HE SPOKE AT THE SAME LOCATION!

Even if that's true, who......fucking.....cares?

What a buffoon this guy is. He makes Dubya look like Einstein.
                                I texted my buddies, wtf is with this guy and crowd size? I mean , like seriously? This clown has literally learned nothing over the last 8 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X