Midterm Election Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    I sure hope Fetterman and Shapiro win. Both of them are guys I would support from what I've seen and read.
    Me too. The Gov race looks good for Shapiro, but the debate with Fetterman really hurt his chances.

Comment

So far, not the slaughtering I was expecting!

Shapiro wins the PA governorship
      Hassan beats the other election-denying Trumptard
      Wife Beating Herschel and Warnock in a tight race

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
        Notice the quick cuts so you cant focus too much on the form.
        Hobbs gets decent coil, but his posture as he loads isn't good. He's leaning back toward third base and not really hinging into his back leg or getting his pelvis into posterior tilt like he should. His arms and legs are out of sync as he comes out of hand break, and his upper body posture gets more leaned back, which is going to cause him problems with rotating as he comes toward the plate. The front leg kicked out toward first normally wouldn't be a big problem, but I think he's doing it to keep his balance as his upper body leans toward third, so it's not a great move for him.

He strides super open, which is probably the only way he can create any rotation at all, because he certainly didn't do it with his load on his back leg. His scaps roll back a little bit and he pulls well with his front arm, so I give him some credit there. He's creating some stretch in his upper body, but his lower body isn't powering anything at all. All the velo on the pitch is coming from his upper body, which won't be good for his long-term pitching health. I'd have concerns about how back/shoulders/lats, etc., will hold up under a whole season load.

He has good front leg stability coming into pitch release, which should help his command.

He has a pretty good finish. He stops his hip rotation well, which isn't surprising, given that he didn't have much hip rotation to start with. His elbow extension to shoulder internal rotation sequence is good, and he clears out his front shoulder to give space for his arm to decelerate. I don't have a lot of concerns about elbow or shoulder health from this part of his delivery.

Overall I can see him having good command and decent health, but I think the stuff is going to come up pretty short unless he substantially reworks how he is loading and using his lower half.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

I was trying to find a comp for how Hobbs leans back toward third base in his load, and you just don't remotely see that among pro pitchers. The closest comp I could find was Mason Montgomery, and you can see that even he is not nearly that extreme in his lean:

"Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

For most extreme lean backwards in the load among pitchers in pro baseball this year, you have to look at a right-handed pitcher:

And of course, Reese McGuire here is actually, like Hobbs, ultimately finding his way on the diamond as a position player rather than a pitcher.

Comment

Back to reality.

Red trickle rates a

Thank God Ga avoided Walker (barely) PA went Blue as has my new state AZ!

Maybe we're not so far from saving.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                Back to reality.

Red trickle rates a

Most of the election deniers were soundly defeated. That's a huge step for democracy.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Fetterman beats the quack
                  Shapiro beats the insurrectionist
                  Hochul soundly beat Zeldin, although nowhere near historical Dem margins in NY
                  Hassan beats the election denier
                  DeathSantis with an enormous win in Florida
                  election denier Laxalt appears to be winning in NV

I don't think the GA or AZ races are decided yet. Although Trumptard Lake already declaring the election was rigged, LOL.

All told, one thing seems clear -- Trump has become a major cancer on the party, almost to the point I hope he does get re-nominated. The people have gotten tired of the lies and drama. DeathSantis, today, looks like the clear GOP option for '24.

Boebert losing?

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                    Back to reality.

Red trickle rates a

The temporary reprieve is nice, but I fear Walker still wins in the run off. The winner needs 50% of the vote, which neither has, and with the Libertarian out in the run off, it gives the edge to Walker.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Fetterman beats the quack
                      Shapiro beats the insurrectionist
                      Hochul soundly beat Zeldin, although nowhere near historical Dem margins in NY
                      Hassan beats the election denier
                      DeathSantis with an enormous win in Florida
                      election denier Laxalt appears to be winning in NV

I don't think the GA or AZ races are decided yet. Although Trumptard Lake already declaring the election was rigged, LOL.

All told, one thing seems clear -- Trump has become a major cancer on the party, almost to the point I hope he does get re-nominated. The people have gotten tired of the lies and drama. DeathSantis, today, looks like the clear GOP option for '24.

Boebert losing?
                      DeSantis vs Trump in the primaries is going to be interesting. It is a lose-lose for America, because I think the GOP nominee beats Biden in 2024. As bad as he is, I don't think DeSantis will try to end our democracy by leading an insurrection to overthrow election results, so I guess that tie breaker goes to me seeing him as the lesser of two evils. I understand he is smarter than Trump, but fears of him somehow doing even more damage than Trump seem overblown. Trump set the bar very high in that regard.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        DeSantis vs Trump in the primaries is going to be interesting. It is a lose-lose for America, because I think the GOP nominee beats Biden in 2024. As bad as he is, I don't think DeSantis will try to end our democracy by leading an insurrection to overthrow election results, so I guess that tie breaker goes to me seeing him as the lesser of two evils. I understand he is smarter than Trump, but fears of him somehow doing even more damage than Trump seem overblown. Trump set the bar very high in that regard.
                        No way Biden runs in '24 IMO.

The temporary reprieve is nice, but I fear Walker still wins in the run off. The winner needs 50% of the vote, which neither has, and with the Libertarian out in the run off, it gives the edge to Walker.
                        How many more Walker children will be discovered in the next month?

Comment

How many more Walker children will be discovered in the next month?
                          Well even if they all vote for him I think it unlikely there will be enough to tip the election in his favor.
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

No way Biden runs in '24 IMO. How many more Walker children will be discovered in the next month?

I hope you are right, but hasn't he said that he will?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                              Hobbs gets decent coil, but his posture as he loads isn't good. He's leaning back toward third base and not really hinging into his back leg or getting his pelvis into posterior tilt like he should. His arms and legs are out of sync as he comes out of hand break, and his upper body posture gets more leaned back, which is going to cause him problems with rotating as he comes toward the plate. The front leg kicked out toward first normally wouldn't be a big problem, but I think he's doing it to keep his balance as his upper body leans toward third, so it's not a great move for him. He strides super open, which is probably the only way he can create any rotation at all, because he certainly didn't do it with his load on his back leg. His scaps roll back a little bit and he pulls well with his front arm, so I give him some credit there. He's creating some stretch in his upper body, but his lower body isn't powering anything at all. All the velo on the pitch is coming from his upper body, which won't be good for his long-term pitching health. I'd have concerns about how back/shoulders/lats, etc., will hold up under a whole season load. He has good front leg stability coming into pitch release, which should help his command. He has a pretty good finish. He stops his hip rotation well, which isn't surprising, given that he didn't have much hip rotation to start with. His elbow extension to shoulder internal rotation sequence is good, and he clears out his front shoulder to give space for his arm to decelerate. I don't have a lot of concerns about elbow or shoulder health from this part of his delivery. Overall I can see him having good command and decent health, but I think the stuff is going to come up pretty short unless he substantially reworks how he is loading and using his lower half.

This is 100% the best post on RJ in years.

Comment

It amuses me to no end that the party who believes in election fraud is simply put, the party who is committing election fraud:

The Republican candidate for governor in Wisconsin told supporters at a campaign event that if he is elected his party “will never lose another election” in the state.

Tim Michels’ opponent next Tuesday, the incumbent Democrat Tony Evers, said the comment, which was released by a left-leaning group, showed the Republican was “a danger to our democracy”.

Michels, a construction company owner, is endorsed by Donald Trump. He has repeated the former president’s lie that his defeat by Joe Biden in 2020 was the result of electoral fraud, and refused to say if he would certify results in a presidential election if he was governor and a Democrat won Wisconsin.

In a debate with Evers last month, Michels did not say he would accept the result of his own election. He later said he would.

Republican candidates in other swing states have cast doubt on whether they will accept results next week.
                                https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...te-tim-michels
                                Looks like they still get to have elections in Wisconsin. Tough luck there Timmy.
                                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X