Midterm Election Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ken View Post
    Wow, you aren't kidding. That swing is ... bad.
    His lower half is awful. His hips slide forward and don't ever rotate fully, not explosive at all. His hands disconnect from his body as he swings. He's going to be extremely vulnerable to off-speed and he won't hit for power at all. Not a prospect.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      His lower half is awful. His hips slide forward and don't ever rotate fully, not explosive at all. His hands disconnect from his body as he swings. He's going to be extremely vulnerable to off-speed and he won't hit for power at all. Not a prospect.
      we need more of this. Start a KS evaluates baseball mechanics in media thread! TV and movies included
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        we need more of this. Start a KS evaluates baseball mechanics in media thread! TV and movies included
        Oh I would potentially pay for this. No, that’s not true. I wouldn’t pay for it. But I would read and enjoy it quite a bit.

Comment

Brilliant! I nominate Charlie Sheen in Major League to be the next one!
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            Brilliant! I nominate Charlie Sheen in Major League to be the next one!
            I was going to go for Tim Robbins in Bull Durham.

Comment

If you guys link me some video, I'll give it a go.
              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Here we go again.

The GOP has already begun making "rigged election" claims in the blue states because of the higher numbers of mail-in ballots. These states may also need a few extra days to count mail-in ballots which should really add fuel to the insurrectionist fires.

And in Arizona they had armed idiots staking out the democrat preferred drop-boxes and taking pictures of license plates to intimidate voters.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                  I was going to go for Tim Robbins in Bull Durham.
                  Redford in The Natural is pretty bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                    Redford in The Natural is pretty bad.
                    Mechanics of his swing are not close to optimal, but I thought it was a pretty good match for the style that was used at the time.

If he was swinging with a modern swing that would just look odd.

Sorry you are criticizing one of my favorite movies, I have to clap back

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      Here we go again.

The GOP has already begun making "rigged election" claims in the blue states because of the higher numbers of mail-in ballots. These states may also need a few extra days to count mail-in ballots which should really add fuel to the insurrectionist fires.

And in Arizona they had armed idiots staking out the democrat preferred drop-boxes and taking pictures of license plates to intimidate voters.
                      Don't try to derail our new baseball thread with this shit...
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Don't try to derail our new baseball thread with this shit...
                        Cat lives matter!
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          Cat lives matter!
                          Mith, give madducks his password back, right now!
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

<p>
                            Notice the quick cuts so you cant focus too much on the form. </p>

Comment

It amuses me to no end that the party who believes in election fraud is simply put, the party who is committing election fraud:

The Republican candidate for governor in Wisconsin told supporters at a campaign event that if he is elected his party “will never lose another election” in the state.

Tim Michels’ opponent next Tuesday, the incumbent Democrat Tony Evers, said the comment, which was released by a left-leaning group, showed the Republican was “a danger to our democracy”.

Michels, a construction company owner, is endorsed by Donald Trump. He has repeated the former president’s lie that his defeat by Joe Biden in 2020 was the result of electoral fraud, and refused to say if he would certify results in a presidential election if he was governor and a Democrat won Wisconsin.

In a debate with Evers last month, Michels did not say he would accept the result of his own election. He later said he would.

Republican candidates in other swing states have cast doubt on whether they will accept results next week.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                                This is one of the two elections here in PA with serious consequences. The Governor race with the PA AG Josh Shapiro vs an insurrectionist who will ban abortions on day 1, who's only concern is overturning the '24 election results for the GOP candidate, has huge implications.

The GOP candidate himself is just a celebrity who is where he is because he's buds with TFG. He has no business running and Fetterman will beat him handily despite the environment for Dems nationwide.
                                I sure hope Fetterman and Shapiro win. Both of them are guys I would support from what I've seen and read.
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X