• Show
Clear All

• GwynnInTheHall
    replied
    Booster Shots incoming...

Leave a comment:

• nullnor
    Guest replied
    Revo or whoever please delete my account. I mean it you have my email. just delete it. goodbye and thanks for everything. you guys have been good to me. goodbye

Leave a comment:

• Bene Futuis
    replied
    Originally posted by DMT View Post
    My younger daughter (3rd) is currently in quarantine after exposure to a classmate on her third effin day. I spoke with the head of school and voiced my displeasure at them adhering to Douchey's bs mask mandate ban. Getting her tested shortly.
    I guess I could refer to my sister-in-law's daughter as my niece, since that's what she is, lol. But yeah, my niece is on her own little island out there. Hope you and your family stay safe in the face of the stupidity of your state's leadership.

Leave a comment:

• chancellor
    replied
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    I agree with your point about who is espousing anti-vaccine rhetoric, but I also doubt chance's data claim.
    Data I'm getting is what downloadable from Data For Progress.

Leave a comment:

• DMT
    replied
    Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    My son's school is 100% mask mandated. Still nervous about his first day! By way of comparison, my sister-in-law's daughter just started kindergarten in Arizona, where there is another one of those unconscionable mask bans, and her daughter and one other kid are the only ones with masks.
    My younger daughter (3rd) is currently in quarantine after exposure to a classmate on her third effin day. I spoke with the head of school and voiced my displeasure at them adhering to Douchey's bs mask mandate ban. Getting her tested shortly.

Leave a comment:

• GwynnInTheHall
    replied
    Both my daughters and their partners have yet to get vaccinated. All in their early 20s. The entire family of my youngest daughters significant other has not been vaccinated they're not MAGA--they're all liberal and the in law family is predominantly Hispanic. So yeah, it's not only MAGA Kevin and Karens. Though it IS the MAGA leadership, politicians and influencers who ARE espousing anti vax misinformation.

My girls and their guys are planning to get the vax this month as I am hitting Vegas for the WSoP opening week and would like to see them, but can't if they aren't Vaxxed. We shall see if that's enough motivation or not

Leave a comment:

• madducks
    replied
    I thought those of us who wanted to continue the discussion about the worst pandemic in 100 years could do so here without having to wade through so much nonsense.
    Now where i am i going to get house buying tips and learn about animal behavior. Oh right. The old COVID thread.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Seitzer
    replied
    And here's the underlying data for that Denver Post article with a more thorough analysis:

The United States is not going to meet President Joe Biden’s target of 70% of the eligible population vaccinated by July 4th. This is not because of a lack of supply or capacity: in every sta…

It seems like there are two main conclusions from that analysis:
    1. How Republican a county voted in both 2012 and 2020 was the main factor for lack of vaccinations.
    2. Higher Black population was a secondary factor for lack of vaccinations. (The author did not examine county poverty as a potential variable, although he did consider urban/rural as a variable.)

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Seitzer
    replied
    I wish I could find the site that I saw a couple weeks ago that broke down vaccination rates by county compared to Trump vote share. There was a very strong correlation.

This article only breaks it down at the state level for the US as a whole and at the county level within Colorado, but everything I've seen suggests this same county-level breakdown across the U.S. I don't see how you get from that to the unvaccinated population leaning liberal. Minorities, perhaps yes. And that sadly may be a function of having less access to vaccination as well as hesitancy?

The nation’s response to COVID was partisan almost from its very beginnings. What’s stunning is that the partisan divide on COVID is growing deeper more than a year into the illness, and indeed is …

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Seitzer
    replied
    I don't doubt that's true (but would like to verify!) but a very big difference is that prominent leaders on the left are not publicly espousing anti-vaxx rhetoric.
    I agree with your point about who is espousing anti-vaccine rhetoric, but I also doubt chance's data claim.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    Based on the data I'm seeing - and most of what I have is from a very left-leaning site - the meme about most of those who aren't vaccinated being mouth-breathing white MAGA voters sure appears very untrue. They're certainly the loudest - that I won't argue - but the percentages of minorities who are not vaccinated is very high in some cases, and I'd venture the number of younger people who are unvaccinated leans liberal. And I was surprised at the number of younger adult age groups that's unvaccinated.
    Yup, you're absolutely right.

The unvaxxed seem to be one-third MAGAts, one-third African-Americans, one-third youngsters.

Leave a comment:

• Bene Futuis
    replied
    My son's school is 100% mask mandated. Still nervous about his first day! By way of comparison, my sister-in-law's daughter just started kindergarten in Arizona, where there is another one of those unconscionable mask bans, and her daughter and one other kid are the only ones with masks.

Leave a comment:

• Bene Futuis
    replied
    Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    Based on the data I'm seeing - and most of what I have is from a very left-leaning site - the meme about most of those who aren't vaccinated being mouth-breathing white MAGA voters sure appears very untrue. They're certainly the loudest - that I won't argue - but the percentages of minorities who are not vaccinated is very high in some cases, and I'd venture the number of younger people who are unvaccinated leans liberal. And I was surprised at the number of younger adult age groups that's unvaccinated.
    I don't doubt that's true (but would like to verify!) but a very big difference is that prominent leaders on the left are not publicly espousing anti-vaxx rhetoric.

Leave a comment:

• umjewman
    replied
    I was at the Mets game last night and I was very curious as to what the mask situation would be. I wore mine most of the time other than eating/drinking, as did my 8-year old. I would say it was about 1/3 of the crowd which was masked. All/most of the staff had masks.

Leave a comment:

• chancellor
    replied
    "Doctor" Rand Paul kicked off YouTube for spreading COVID disinformation. Marjorie Taylor Qreen kicked off Twitter for the same. Still hard for me to see the end game in encouraging your base to die.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X