No announcement yet.

Covid Vaccine thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet owners who don't vaccinate their animals are terrible owners who should not have pets. Why would you let your dog or cat needlessly suffer an agonizing death from parvo when you can just give them a simple shot to avoid it?
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Study: Ivermectin Does Not Reduce Hospitalization From COVID-19 Infection
      In the experiment, 14.7% of COVID-positive patients who received ivermectin had to go to the hospital

A new peer-reviewed study published on the New England Journal of Medicine shows anti-parasitic drug ivermectin isn’t effective in battling COVID-19 and did not reduce hospitalization like many anti-vaccine advocates promoted.

The experiment enrolled 3,515 symptomatic COVID-19 patients in Brazil who were randomly assigned different treatments for the disease – 679 received ivermectin, another 670 got placebo and the remaining group got another treatment.

The study found that 14.7% of patients in the ivermectin group and 16.3% of the placebo group had to go to the hospital.

“Treatment with ivermectin did not result in a lower incidence of medical admission to a hospital due to progression of COVID-19 or of prolonged emergency department observation among outpatients with an early diagnosis of COVID-19,” the study concluded.
      New peer-reviewed study published on the New England Journal of Medicine shows Ivermectin isn’t effective in battling COVID-19 and did not reduce hospitalization like many anti-vaccine advocates promoted.

But hey, if you want to be wrong, keep buying it. I think it helped my bonus this year.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post

But hey, if you want to be wrong, keep buying it. I think it helped my bonus this year.
        What if you give it to your cat? Can you skip the vaccine question at the vet in that case?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
          What if you give it to your cat? Can you skip the vaccine question at the vet in that case?
          I think you are supposed to brush your cat's teeth with ivermectin.
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
            Have you looked at the studies on aspirating your toothbrush?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
              And then make him bite you. Better than a booster shot
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              ---------------------------------------------
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I've heard Ivermectin is good for all sorts of things! We should all buy it and try it for whatever!

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                  I've heard Ivermectin is good for all sorts of things! We should all buy it and try it for whatever!
                  I contracted ebola. My sissy ass doctor tried to give me some science drug or something that will alter my RNA and I totally know what that is. I'm not listening to that goddamn elitist. Time to snort some ivermectin.
                  More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• I was perusing a FB group on my old neighborhood when someone posted a recently obit about her husband. I thought I recognized the pic as a kid I grew up with, and turns out I was unfortunately right. I reached out to my HS friend (we were both good friends with the deceased's brother) and he confirmed it. He was always an odd duck, and browsing his wife's FB feed, I noticed a bunch of your typical right wing memes (nothing on covid). Well, guess what -- my friend said he was unvaxxed, got covid and went downhill quickly. Died at age 45 in December, leaving 3 daughters behind, youngest age 9.

This really burns me up. The selfishness of these people to believe the nonsense and not get vaxxed, and this is the end result. Now 3 poor kids don't have a father. Unbelievable.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      I was perusing a FB group on my old neighborhood when someone posted a recently obit about her husband. I thought I recognized the pic as a kid I grew up with, and turns out I was unfortunately right. I reached out to my HS friend (we were both good friends with the deceased's brother) and he confirmed it. He was always an odd duck, and browsing his wife's FB feed, I noticed a bunch of your typical right wing memes (nothing on covid). Well, guess what -- my friend said he was unvaxxed, got covid and went downhill quickly. Died at age 45 in December, leaving 3 daughters behind, youngest age 9.

This really burns me up. The selfishness of these people to believe the nonsense and not get vaxxed, and this is the end result. Now 3 poor kids don't have a father. Unbelievable.
                      The thing is, this is the end result for only about 1 out of a hundred his age or less, so that leaves 99 per 100 that think this way still thinking this way.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        I was perusing a FB group on my old neighborhood when someone posted a recently obit about her husband. I thought I recognized the pic as a kid I grew up with, and turns out I was unfortunately right. I reached out to my HS friend (we were both good friends with the deceased's brother) and he confirmed it. He was always an odd duck, and browsing his wife's FB feed, I noticed a bunch of your typical right wing memes (nothing on covid). Well, guess what -- my friend said he was unvaxxed, got covid and went downhill quickly. Died at age 45 in December, leaving 3 daughters behind, youngest age 9.

Two such stories in my life recently. The second, not as bad as the first, involves someone furious at his medical providers after his three week hospitalization for COVID that they wouldn't prescribe him ivermectin - he claims to have had a conversation with the Dept. of Health, who told him that the federal and state level governments are withholding ivermectin from the general population in favor of stockpiling it and giving it to the Governor and President and other VIPs. Uh.......ok.

The first, though, is tragic. Dude's wife AND daughter died recently of COVID. Guy is livid at the hospital, who gave his family COVID, even though COVID is a hoax, and rants about how the doctors invented the disease in order to make money off of people. I guess it's a coping mechanism? I just can't even....

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                          I contracted ebola. My sissy ass doctor tried to give me some science drug or something that will alter my RNA and I totally know what that is. I'm not listening to that goddamn elitist. Time to snort some ivermectin.
                          Well this is where you fucked up because <company> actually does have a ebola vaccine that works better than ivermectin.

A safe and effective vaccine is an important tool to protect frontline workers and prevent the introduction and spread of Ebola in the United States. On February 26, 2020, the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) recommended pre-exposure vaccination with Ervebo® for adults aged 18 years or older in the U.S. population who are at potential risk of exposure to EBOV.

Comment

• the first thing they ask you when you goto a vet ask has your animal been vaccinated. it's a money pit. even tho rabies has basically been eradicated. but why take the chance. i understand this. not like cats are stupid and aren't aware something has it.

here's your test. bring your dying animal to a vet for old age and the first asinine question will be has it been vaccinated. i saw it all the time. and i learned from my mistakes. my first cat died a week after being vaccinated after i brought him to the vet unknowingly with major heart disease from hyperthyroidism. they did the same thing with my GF's cat. it's what they care about. a doctor gets 40k extra a year if he achieves 100 vaccinations.

the vaccinators must be kept in business. it's not very profitable and provides a good public service. so many ppl are vaccinated for the flu even tho they don't really need it. i'll never vaccinate my cat again.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                              the first thing they ask you when you goto a vet ask has your animal been vaccinated.
                              We're back on that again? Why

Comment

• there's a reason why third world counties hate vaccines. i never understood why. but it's because it's the experimental world, where you can't be held libel. the ebola vaccine is a good example. that was the first adenovirus vaccine deployed on a wider scale.

but we sit here in our nice serene, protected world not asking questions. let the shithole countries worry about it and compare anecdotal evidence.

you guys are still battling, that's good. don't trust anyone over 30.

Comment

Working...
                                X