No announcement yet.

And so it has begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information coming out regarding direct contact between the terrorists and the White House during the siege. Don't turn that dial!

We already know for sure that one complicit Republican (are there any other kind?), Representative Lauren Boebert, was live-tweeting Nancy Pelosi's whereabouts to the seditionist mob just after she had notified everyone they were locked inside House Chambers.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Republican idiot lawmakers are seen here, among those gathered in safety during the Trump-tard-insurrection, refusing masks being offered to them. Its since come out in the Washington Post that these pieces of shit had Covid and forcibly exposed the other lawmakers in the room... the complete lack of accountability and dumb politicization of Covid in the US to this day is so stunning. These Republicans refusing masks should be expelled from the Senate and criminally charged.

Now, vaccinations have been available to these lawmakers for a week or so and some have had their 1st dose, but its still unconscionable behavior at this point.

Originally posted by Washington Post
      Two House aides confirmed to The Washington Post that Monahan was referring to a room where scores of House members were taken to during the riot. Video first published by Punchbowl News on Friday showed maskless Republicans — including Reps. Andy Biggs (Ariz.), Michael Cloud (Tex.), Markwayne Mullin (Okla.) and Scott Perry (Pa.) — refusing masks offered by Democratic Rep. Lisa Blunt Rochester (Del.) while in the room.

Monahan’s email advised lawmakers who may have been exposed to continue monitoring for symptoms, wearing masks and social distancing.

“Additionally, individuals should obtain an RT-PCR coronavirus test next week as a precaution,” the email stated.
      There's also some very alarming notes about serious concern over Joe Biden's Covid response strategy of releasing all the vaccines at once with no control measures, as its widely felt this will lead to major delays in getting 2nd doses, or people not getting 2nd doses at all, limiting the efficacy.

As the incoming administration plans to take over the coronavirus response in days, President-elect Joe Biden announced plans to expedite the vaccination process by releasing nearly all available doses of the vaccine.

The announcement has prompted experts and state leaders to debate whether the approach is the best path forward.

In a CNN interview on Sunday, Ashish K. Jha, a physician and dean of the Brown University School of Public Health, backed the idea and said that “we’ve got to start getting people vaccinated far more quickly.”

Some public health experts have expressed concern that it could delay people in getting the second vaccine dose. The two coronavirus vaccines authorized for use in the United States require a two-dose regimen to be fully effective.

In an interview Friday on PBS NewsHour, Paul A. Offit, a vaccine expert at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and a member of the external advisory committee to the FDA, called Biden’s plan a “big bet, and I think an unnecessary bet.”

“They’re assuming that they’re going to be able to mass-produce, mass-distribute and mass-administer that second dose in a timely manner, where then you’re still getting that second dose three or four weeks later, or maybe five weeks later, or six weeks later,” Offit said. “What worries me is that it might not be then. It might be two months later or three months later or, worse, that some people wouldn’t get a vaccine at all.”

Last week, Anthony S. Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and head of the U.S. pandemic response, talked about the idea of “stretching out” supply without reserving a second dose.

“We don’t think it’s a good idea,” Fauci said. “To stretch out and you don’t get your second dose until maybe three or four months, there’s no scientific data that proves that. And since we want to maintain our credibility and do things right according to the science, we want to do it exactly the way it was shown in the clinical trial.”
      Interesting article well worth the read for anybody interested in the details of the vaccine rollout strategy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...hysician-says/
      Last edited by Teenwolf; 01-10-2021, 03:55 PM.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• "I would link to the article and include quotes, but I'm not able to view it freely anymore. Thanks WP."

"Ok, here's your landscaping bill - would you like to pay cash, or credit?"

"Oh, I'm not paying anything - landscaping should be free, just like journalism."

"But journalism is more important!"

"Right. So if only journalists OR landscapers are getting paid, then you're REALLY out of luck. But wait, maybe there's a solution - just spitballing here. Maybe I pay for the work you do, and you pay for the work I do. You know, it's just crazy enough that it might work!"

WaPo is $9.99 a month, except when it runs specials that make it a lot cheaper - like $29 for an entire year.

it's also free if you have Amazon Prime.
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Capitol Police today announced the death of another one of its officers by suicide. Howard Liebengood, age 51, was assigned to the Senate Division.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I would like absolute confirmation about Arnold recollection. Was he indeed born in Austria in 1947? Did his father actually come home Drunk? Was him mother actually scared? Or are we all just taking someone's word for things which eventually be proven wrong. I mean WHY indict his father and those in the neighborhood without unbiased confirmation, doesn't each person deserve the benefit of the doubt, the right to innocence until proven guilty in a court of law?

Now I know these people are white and that , In this country, that's normally a privilege, but these are also Immigrants, you know those nasty folks coming to the country to steal our jobs and rape our women, so what to do. I mean it's be easy if Arnold were black then we could judge away with supposition and without p[roof--but they're WHITE. I'm so conflicted.
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
              Capitol Police today announced the death of another one of its officers by suicide. Howard Liebengood, age 51, was assigned to the Senate Division.
              No proof, Nothing but a hunch, but I think we might find he was complicit in some way for allowing or aiding the breach--not ness beforehand, but during it.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Four days after the insurrection and no briefing from federal authorities whatsoever. Complicity.
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• does this count?

https://www.defense.gov/Explore/News...apitol-attack/

this was from the day after, from the Department of Defense:

"Once the reality of the assault on the U.S. Capitol became apparent, National Guard troops responded appropriately and with alacrity, DOD officials said in a phone briefing today.

"Yesterday was a horrible and shameful day here in the capital, and the nation at large," Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy said on the call. "The District of Columbia asked the Army for help, and our National Guard responded."

McCarthy, Pentagon spokesman Jonathan Rath Hoffman and Kenneth P. Rapuano, the assistant secretary of defense for homeland defense, put the timeline of the National Guard response in perspective during the call.

D.C. officials knew of the planned protests and had requested some assistance to help when the "first amendment demonstrations" were planned for January 5 and 6, McCarthy said. Based on this request, officials called up 340 National Guardsmen to help in the peaceful protests. The guardsmen were assigned mainly to traffic control, Metro crowd control, some logistics support and a 40-member quick reaction force to be based at Joint Base Andrews in Maryland."

[it continues on, at great length]

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• Is it wrong to enjoy these asshats, losing their jobs, positions in congress and their community, sponsorships and endorsements and now being put on the no fly list?

Cuz I'm loving every minute of it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• granting that I will be roundly mocked by the peanut gallery here for actually referencing a credible news outlet - rather than the far more popular "I heard" or "they say" or "I saw this on Facebook, so I'll just declare it to be true here" (and get huzzahs from like-minded posters), but....

https://apnews.com/article/election-...&utm_medium=AP

WASHINGTON (AP) — They came from across America, summoned by President Donald Trump to march on Washington in support of his false claim that the November election was stolen and to stop the congressional certification of Democrat Joe Biden as the victor.

“Big protest in D.C. on January 6th,” Trump tweeted a week before Christmas. “Be there, will be wild!”

The insurrectionist mob that showed up at the president’s behest and stormed the U.S. Capitol was overwhelmingly made up of longtime Trump supporters, including Republican Party officials, GOP political donors, far-right militants, white supremacists, and adherents of the QAnon myth that the government is secretly controlled by a cabal of Satan-worshiping pedophile cannibals. Records show that some were heavily armed and included convicted criminals, such as a Florida man recently released from prison for attempted murder.

The Associated Press reviewed social media posts, voter registrations, court files and other public records for more than 120 people either facing criminal charges related to the Jan. 6 unrest or who, going maskless amid the pandemic, were later identified through photographs and videos taken during the melee.

The evidence gives lie to claims by right-wing pundits and Republican officials such as Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., that the violence was perpetrated by left-wing antifa thugs rather than supporters of the president.

“If the reports are true,” Gaetz said on the House floor just hours after the attack, “some of the people who breached the Capitol today were not Trump supporters. They were masquerading as Trump supporters and, in fact, were members of the violent terrorist group antifa.”

Steven D’Antuono, the assistant director in charge of the FBI’s Washington field office, told reporters that investigators had seen “no indication” antifa activists were disguised as Trump supporters in Wednesday’s riot.

The AP found that many of the rioters had taken to social media after the November election to retweet and parrot false claims by Trump that the vote had been stolen in a vast international conspiracy. Several had openly threatened violence against Democrats and Republicans they considered insufficiently loyal to the president. During the riot, some livestreamed and posted photos of themselves at the Capitol. Afterwards, many bragged about what they had done."

and that's the PG version of the analysis. after this, the story goes to a very, very dark place.

obviously anyone can follow up with short excerpts of their choice.

this is reality.

please support your local credible news sources - is it not worth it? isn't this better than a bunch of partisan clowns sitting in their basements feeding you whatever you want to read, with truth being irrelevant - and sometimes getting in the way of maximizing clicks?

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                        "I would link to the article and include quotes, but I'm not able to view it freely anymore. Thanks WP."

"Ok, here's your landscaping bill - would you like to pay cash, or credit?"

"Oh, I'm not paying anything - landscaping should be free, just like journalism."

"But journalism is more important!"

"Right. So if only journalists OR landscapers are getting paid, then you're REALLY out of luck. But wait, maybe there's a solution - just spitballing here. Maybe I pay for the work you do, and you pay for the work I do. You know, it's just crazy enough that it might work!"

WaPo is $9.99 a month, except when it runs specials that make it a lot cheaper - like $29 for an entire year.

it's also free if you have Amazon Prime.
                        Hey, clowntroll... the sentence you chose to publicly shit your pants over was edited to include quotes and links before you even completed your tantrum. Maybe 20 mins until I fixed it.
                        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

granting that I will be roundly mocked by the peanut gallery here for actually referencing a credible news outlet - rather than the far more popular "I heard" or "they say" or "I saw this on Facebook, so I'll just declare it to be true here" (and get huzzahs from like-minded posters), but....

https://apnews.com/article/election-...&utm_medium=AP

WASHINGTON (AP) — They came from across America, summoned by President Donald Trump to march on Washington in support of his false claim that the November election was stolen and to stop the congressional certification of Democrat Joe Biden as the victor.

“Big protest in D.C. on January 6th,” Trump tweeted a week before Christmas. “Be there, will be wild!”

The insurrectionist mob that showed up at the president’s behest and stormed the U.S. Capitol was overwhelmingly made up of longtime Trump supporters, including Republican Party officials, GOP political donors, far-right militants, white supremacists, and adherents of the QAnon myth that the government is secretly controlled by a cabal of Satan-worshiping pedophile cannibals. Records show that some were heavily armed and included convicted criminals, such as a Florida man recently released from prison for attempted murder.

The Associated Press reviewed social media posts, voter registrations, court files and other public records for more than 120 people either facing criminal charges related to the Jan. 6 unrest or who, going maskless amid the pandemic, were later identified through photographs and videos taken during the melee.

The evidence gives lie to claims by right-wing pundits and Republican officials such as Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., that the violence was perpetrated by left-wing antifa thugs rather than supporters of the president.

“If the reports are true,” Gaetz said on the House floor just hours after the attack, “some of the people who breached the Capitol today were not Trump supporters. They were masquerading as Trump supporters and, in fact, were members of the violent terrorist group antifa.”

Steven D’Antuono, the assistant director in charge of the FBI’s Washington field office, told reporters that investigators had seen “no indication” antifa activists were disguised as Trump supporters in Wednesday’s riot.

The AP found that many of the rioters had taken to social media after the November election to retweet and parrot false claims by Trump that the vote had been stolen in a vast international conspiracy. Several had openly threatened violence against Democrats and Republicans they considered insufficiently loyal to the president. During the riot, some livestreamed and posted photos of themselves at the Capitol. Afterwards, many bragged about what they had done."

and that's the PG version of the analysis. after this, the story goes to a very, very dark place.

obviously anyone can follow up with short excerpts of their choice.

this is reality.

please support your local credible news sources - is it not worth it? isn't this better than a bunch of partisan clowns sitting in their basements feeding you whatever you want to read, with truth being irrelevant - and sometimes getting in the way of maximizing clicks?
                          Or you can just be smarter than most, very good at deductive reasoning and not hiding under a rock for the past 4 years to have known this days ago. But whatever you do best by all means.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I think a guy who keeps posting factual errors on RJ might not get too high on his horse, as in 133, but as you say - you do you.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

I think a guy who keeps posting factual errors on RJ might not get too high on his horse, as in 133, but as you say - you do you.
                              What's factually incorrect about post 133?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                              X