No announcement yet.

And so it has begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police departments all across the country opening up probes to see if their own participated in the terrorism. It's almost as if the largely ignored (at least by those with certain predispositions) studies about the infiltration of white supremacists into our police forces are coming home to roost.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      Perky?
      Trying to butter me up for a trade proposal
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
        A number of FDNY (Fire Department of New York) employees were at the riot. The FDNY has turned over information to the FBI.
        beating a dead horse here, but please offer a cite.

all I see so far is an internet claim about a photo that is claimed to have been taken on-scene of a jacket that may have belonged to a retired firefighter.

clearly you have far more definitive information and from a credible source, so I am eager to read it.

if your claim is true (particularly about the riot, not just the protest), that's an outrage.

if it's not true..... same.

please show your work.
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post

all I see so far is an internet claim about a photo that is claimed to have been taken on-scene of a jacket that may have belonged to a retired firefighter.

clearly you have far more definitive information and from a credible source, so I am eager to read it.

if your claim is true (particularly about the riot, not just the protest), that's an outrage.

please show your work.
          The FBI is now investigating whether members of the New York City Fire Department were involved in the attack on the U.S. Capitol building Wednesday, following anonymous tips.

The New York City Fire Department has turned over information to the FBI on multiple members who were allegedly at the U.S. Capitol when rioters charged the building. A spokesperson for the FDNY confirmed that a number of its members reportedly identified as being at Wednesday’s riot that led to the deaths of four people and a U.S. Capitol Police…

Obviously still under investigation, but the FDNY did turn over information to the FBI, as per these articles.

Comment

• thanks, UM.

so there are anonymous allegations, but I see nothing definitive to match the posted definitive claim here yet.

still, around these parts in these days, it's above average for sure - given the amount of definitely false and still unconfirmed claims here.
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post

please show your work.
              Clearly.

Here's my cite for you: https://www.google.com/search?q=you%...1sbbHk_s-L67iM
              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                Hahah
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                  well I never really have to cook my daily bag of sour gummy worms......
                  Ouch, yeah, that’ll do it.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Trying to butter me up for a trade proposal
                    I don't know...am I? Or am I just curious?
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Maybe I should storm the capitol shirtless and remove all doubt.
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Embrace the power of “and”

I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Maybe I should storm the capitol shirtless and remove all doubt.
                          Make sure you wear one of those Buffalo Helmets...tres chic!

I don't know about the "and", Chance...a mans gotta leave a little mystery.
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• In yet another funny turn of events, many of the terrorists are apparently being identified because they refused to wear masks.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Bene Futuis;393550]
                              Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

I already knew your political persuasions and never thought you were a trump supporter - I assume you knew that, right? Where you lost me was mockingly suggesting that this mob would have hesitated to publicly execute Pence. Of course, that prop wouldn’t have held up, but their intent was pretty clear to me regardless of the device employed. This whole psychotic affair just looks worse and worse the more information and video evidence that surfaces. What do you think would have happened had the terrorists gotten their hands on Pence? How about Pelosi? It’s hard to even believe this happened, much less that it was actively encouraged by Republican leadership.
                              1) No, I did not think you thought I was a Trump supporter, someone else made comments that insinuated that.

2) Regarding the part in bold I tried to clarify several times in case my original post was ambiguous, but perhaps didn't do a good job. I think that out of the thousands of people at the capitol, they were comprised of individuals, small groups, larger groups, all with varying motivations, goals and level of organization. Many likely intended violence, some probably didn't intend it, but could or would be influenced by the way events unfolded. And some where there to be part of the spectacle, to have an experience. I don't believe that the entire protest was an event that was organized such that every person who showed up did so with the sole purpose of hanging Mike Pence, and knew their part in how the action would unfold.

With this perspective, and looking at the gallows, I concluded it was likely a prop. I would guess a couple guys got together and likely build it because they wanted the attention they would get from the other Trump supporters. I could be wrong, maybe whoever built it really intended to use it. And maybe they had a plan for how they were going to grab Pence and get him alive out to where the gallows were located (apparently about a quarter mile from the Capitol building). But I think that is unlikely.

so that was my perspective when I was "mockingly suggesting that this mob would have hesitated to publicly execute Pence". What I was mocking was the idea that the particular people who built the gallows (out of the thousands of people there) ever had any realistic plan or intention to hang Mike Pence on the gallows they created. I really shouldn't have to say this, but my comment was not meant to justify any violence, murder, assualt, tresspassing, molotov cocktailing, spitting, harrasing, beating, stealing vandalising or other crimes or even the act of constructing the gallows itself. And it was not meant to imply that because I don't think they intended to use the gallows that there were not many people who were intent on violence and terrorism because it is apparent that there were.
                              ---------------------------------------------
                              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                              ---------------------------------------------
                              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

1) No, I did not think you thought I was a Trump supporter, someone else made comments that insinuated that.

2) Regarding the part in bold I tried to clarify several times in case my original post was ambiguous, but perhaps didn't do a good job. I think that out of the thousands of people at the capitol, they were comprised of individuals, small groups, larger groups, all with varying motivations, goals and level of organization. Many likely intended violence, some probably didn't intend it, but could or would be influenced by the way events unfolded. And some where there to be part of the spectacle, to have an experience. I don't believe that the entire protest was an event that was organized such that every person who showed up did so with the sole purpose of hanging Mike Pence, and knew their part in how the action would unfold.

With this perspective, and looking at the gallows, I concluded it was likely a prop. I would guess a couple guys got together and likely build it because they wanted the attention they would get from the other Trump supporters. I could be wrong, maybe whoever built it really intended to use it. And maybe they had a plan for how they were going to grab Pence and get him alive out to where the gallows were located (apparently about a quarter mile from the Capitol building). But I think that is unlikely.

so that was my perspective when I was "mockingly suggesting that this mob would have hesitated to publicly execute Pence". What I was mocking was the idea that the particular people who built the gallows (out of the thousands of people there) ever had any realistic plan or intention to hang Mike Pence on the gallows they created. I really shouldn't have to say this, but my comment was not meant to justify any violence, murder, assualt, tresspassing, molotov cocktailing, spitting, harrasing, beating, stealing vandalising or other crimes or even the act of constructing the gallows itself. And it was not meant to imply that because I don't think they intended to use the gallows that there were not many people who were intent on violence and terrorism because it is apparent that there were.
                                Gotcha. Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought you were getting at. Thank you for calming my tits.

Comment

Working...
                                X