No announcement yet.

Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the movie Doomsday with Malcolm McDowell. it's not a bad film. a little heavy on the mad max shit. but it made a good point about natural immunity.

Comment

• I am trying to figure out right now if I should buy a house in the middle of nowhere and start fresh. there's too many scoundrels where I live, and take the two cats here and ditch the RV or live on a sailboat and leave the cats behind.

the other day I drove a quarter of a mile down the road and saw a dead cat just like mine, and I was like my decision had decided itself. I picked it up to feel how warm it was and turned it over trying to figure out if it was her. and then I realized her ear is clipped from being spayed. and it wasn't her.

still, it's hard to figure out about making a big life decision on whether or not you can trust a cat. they have this slight feral thing going on.

everyone should have at least one thing in their life that really matters to them and not have it taken away. I wouldn't exactly be abandoning an animal but it's an innocence I want to keep.

Comment

• look at this virus from the point of view that it was sars or mers but more contagious, and the steps taken are justified.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          It continues to amaze me that pretending the pandemic is not real was a winning strategy
          it was still a winning strategy for them.

Comment

• it's snowing a lot up here in the northeast right now. you can hear the wind howling in the distance, just like in the game The Long Dark. the maps on that game were so small, but even after you knew the land marks, it was easy to get lost.

I can tell how much snow is coming down from how fast the cats foot prints disappear. that's one of the funny thing about cats, as smart as they are, you can always tell where they have been from their footprints.

Comment

• the best way to go is to freeze to death. I mean if you ever really want to do it. I wouldn't but, there's always where you have those one or two days during the year where if you get locked outside for 15 minutes you're all done. heh

Comment

• that's the real crime about the coronavirus is you have a large percentage of the population that doesn't care about themselves and are willing to make excuses to take others down by being careless; for whatever reason. that's a major problem. if you are rich it's an opportunity, but if you are white trash it's simply self-destruction.

still self-destruction is a problem when it infects others and becomes a health problem.

you know the scariest thing about this is the government probably had to have a debate about that.

Comment

• i am like every person that ever lived. i was young and thought mankind is innately good. and then i got older and realized our species is bent on destroying ourselves. because that's the real debate, it's no longer if but how. your mileage may vary. but it seems like a logical path. you are young naďve, trusting and stupid, only to realize 50 years later that the world had changed and is irredeemably self-centered.

Comment

• what really is Atheism. it's not rejecting God, it's rejecting the results.

but i am a spiritual person. and i always will be no matter what.

Comment

• so i have to sit here and figure out if i can move these cats. take them from the only land they've known. all their little cat friends and relatives.

dear Abby has a mathematical equation for this. on a scale of 1-5 (X) times the amount of years.

out of all animals, getting inside a cats head is the hardest.

Comment

• French president Emmanuel Macron has tested positive for CV-19. He is the 4th leader of a major country to test positive.

Comment

• Moderna's vaccine can be stored in normal freezers and does not require a super-cold transportation network, making it more accessible for smaller facilities and local communities.
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I would like to say we are making big strides, but we are not.

I think both Mrs. Gregg and I are past the scary stuff, but we have these hanging on irritants. We both get so tired if we do any activity that is more than an hour. Lots of sleep for her. Napping in between work projects for me. My cough is the same dry and hanging on. Unless I am on cough medicine, talking induces coughing spells. She is prone to stomach aches and nighttime headaches.

I talked with the Doctor about the cough yesterday. She said unless my chest hurts (it does not) I just need to ride it out.

Mrs. Gregg said she felt slightly better this morning. Not sure what that exactly means, but I am grateful to hear it.

It has been almost 5 weeks one would think we would be over it by now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              I would like to say we are making big strides, but we are not.

I think both Mrs. Gregg and I are past the scary stuff, but we have these hanging on irritants. We both get so tired if we do any activity that is more than an hour. Lots of sleep for her. Napping in between work projects for me. My cough is the same dry and hanging on. Unless I am on cough medicine, talking induces coughing spells. She is prone to stomach aches and nighttime headaches.

I talked with the Doctor about the cough yesterday. She said unless my chest hurts (it does not) I just need to ride it out.

Mrs. Gregg said she felt slightly better this morning. Not sure what that exactly means, but I am grateful to hear it.

It has been almost 5 weeks one would think we would be over it by now.
                              Cripes mate... glad to hear you are both feeling somewhat better, but most of that sucks.
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• As you all probably know, the FDA has approved the Moderna vaccine and it is set to start being administered on Monday. Further good news is that the AstraZeneca vaccine is expected to be approved in the UK shortly after Xmas:

Millions of people could be set to receive the Oxford Vaccine just days after Christmas if it is given the green light.

The approval is expected on 12/28 or 12/29. I think the beginning of the end of this awful pandemic is finally here.

Comment

Working...
                                X