X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    Feels weird having a pizza superiority discussion without Mr. Kohm
    I'm trying to fill in as best I can.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      I'm trying to fill in as best I can.
      "As best I can" feedback sent.....
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        Feels weird having a pizza superiority discussion without Mr. Kohm
        Pizza and soju sounds like a very, very bad combination to me.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          Pizza and soju sounds like a very, very bad combination to me.
          Tell that to Bob, lol. I never really thought I would miss him, but I do
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• It seems like we've gone shooting past the 2000 deaths per day mark and are now around the 2500 level (on a 7- day average, i.e., 3000 per day on weekdays and 1250 per day from the weekend reporting).

Yuck.

Hospitalizations have stabilized in the Midwest but continue to rise in other regions, so we likely have not seen the worst yet.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• New Hampshire Speaker of the House Richard "Dick" Hinch has died from COVID-19.

And Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf has tested positive for COVID-19 while having no symptoms.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• According to WorldoMeters' data, the US just passed 300,000 CV-19 deaths .

Comment

• Literally getting closer to home for me in two ways:

- my sister-in-law, a first year Kindergarten teacher in a district with 5-days a week live schooling - now has it
                  -my next door neighbor, a member of the local PD, now has it

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                    Literally getting closer to home for me in two ways:

- my sister-in-law, a first year Kindergarten teacher in a district with 5-days a week live schooling - now has it
                    Yeah it's everywhere now. 3 guys on my softball team (that I no longer play on due to COVID) have it. Buddy from church has it. 4 family members had it the week before Thanksgiving. Local HS coach died from COVID last week. We are basically back on lockdown in my house outside of trips to stores for essentials.

Comment

• My brother is currently in the ER with an oxygenation level of 86% (not good). He tested negative a few days ago but has been exhibiting symptoms since hosting a Thanksgiving dinner because his partner is a trainwreck of a person. For example, she couldn't even drive my brother to the hospital which was a mile from their house, instead asking my 67-year-old mom to come get him, who then waited in the ER waiting room for THREE HOURS for an update (ugh). I of course only heard about all of this after the fact. Unbelievable.

ETA: he tested positive in the hospital, expected to be there for awhile.
                      Last edited by DMT; 12-12-2020, 01:36 PM.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak says he and his wife displayed all COVID-19 symptoms after they returned from a December 2019 cruise around Vietnam, Cambodia and Singapore, before they stopped off in China.

He says he snapped a selfie with a man who said he was from Wuhan - the city where COVID-19 is said to have originated.

The Wozniaks then boarded a flight back to the US from Hong Kong on January 4 when they began coughing. They claim others on board were also furiously coughing as well. He says that the CDC refused to listen to him.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-January.html

Scientists in Italy say they now have proof the virus was there in September 2019, traces of it were found in Brazil in November 2019, a French hospital patient had it in his lungs in December 2019, and the virus was present in sewage in Spain in January 2020.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• FDA approves use of Pfizer/BionTech vaccine:

The US Food and Drug Administration has authorized the first Covid-19 vaccine for emergency use in the United States. Millions of doses of the Pfizer and BioNTech coronavirus vaccine, which has been found to be 95% effective, will be soon shipped around the country so vaccinations can begin within days.

Still must be recommended by the CDC, which is supposed to vote on this issue today.

Great! Now, what about Moderna's vaccine?

Comment

• Nurse friend of mine is getting the vaccine tomorrow.

Comment

• Another stats update as of 7:46 AM today. Last stats were from 12/7 at 7:46 AM, exactly 7 days ago. Mortality rate is figured using the current death total divided by the total cases from the update 3 weeks ago (11/23).

- 16,737,267 cases in the US, up from 15,159,529, an increase of 10.41% which is a larger increase than last time (10.24%). The new cases for this period were 1,577,738 which gives a 7-day daily average of 225,391, up from 201,170. A comparison w last period's new cases (1,408,192) gives a new cases increase rate of 1.120, lower than that of the last update (1.213). The current test positivity rate is 11.56%, higher than that of the last update (10.66%) and still way above the WHO threshold figure of 5.0%. Total CV-19 hospitalizations are 109,331, up from 101,487, an increase of 7.73% over last week which is a smaller increase than last update (8.85%), but still the most # of hospitalizations during the entire pandemic. Currently, there are 11 states that have an R-naught below 1.0, more than the 7 in the last update, but still the overall US R-naught still must be well above the recommended threshold of 1.0. The values for the different states range from 0.85-1.22.
                              - 306,459 deaths in the US, up from 288,906, an increase of 6.08% which is a larger increase than last time (5.79%). The new deaths for this period were 17,553. The mortality rate is 2.43% (306,459/12,590,220), lower than last time (2.54% (288,906/11,367,214)). The mortality rate for the week's new deaths is 1.44% (17,553/1,223,006), slightly lower than last time (1.47% (15,805/1,074,722)). The latest 7-day daily average # of new deaths is 2,427, up sharply from 2,171 7 days ago. The "increase" in average daily deaths over the prior week is 11.8%, whereas the increase in average daily cases from 3 weeks ago over the prior week was 13.8%. The 3-week increase in deaths is 16.7% (306,459/262,711) whereas the increase in cases from 6 weeks ago to 3 weeks after that is 22.3% (12,590,220/10,292,492).
                              - 72,780,616 cases worldwide, up from 67,526,574, an increase of 7.78% which is a larger increase than last time (6.85%). The new cases for this period were 5,254,042 which gives a 7-day daily average of 750,577, up sharply from 618,025. A comparison w last period's new cases (4,326,172) gives a new cases increase rate of 1.214, which is much higher than last time (1.058).
                              - 1,622,209 deaths worldwide, up from 1,544,918, an increase of 5.00% which is a smaller increase than last time (5.22%). The new deaths for this period were 77,291 which gives a 7-day daily average of 11,042, up from 10,956. The mortality rate is 2.74% (1,622,209/59,112,307), slightly lower than last time (2.81% (1,544,918/54,943,524)). The mortality rate for the week's new deaths is 1.85% (77,291/4,168,783), which is higher than that of the previous period (1.72% (71,501/4,147,200)).

New case rate increases went up for both the US and the world and the rate of increase in new cases over the prior week went up for the world. The death rate increase went up for the US and mortality rates for new cases went up for the world. For the US, the R-naught seemed to decrease, the test positivity rate went up and altho the CV-19 hospitalizations continued to rise, they continue to rise at a slower rate.

Cases continue to surge in Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Hungary, Croatia, Serbia, Ukraine, Belarus, Russia, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Panama, Mexico, Canada, Indonesia, Myanmar, Malaysia, Japan, South Korea, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan, Palestine and Pakistan. And cases have surged recently in Moldova and Dominican Republic. But case increases have dropped recently in Armenia, Iran, Kenya, Algeria and Morocco.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                                Literally getting closer to home for me in two ways:

Getting closer to home w me, too. I recently learned that a cousin of mine is "gravely ill" w CV-19. Dont know many details, just that they were trying to "wean" him off the ventilator but so far have been unable to do so.

Comment

Working...
                                X