Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Clearly the WHO and China have culpability, but that in no way excuses fuckhead and his administration for their myriad unforced blunders.
    mith is right about you

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
      Good!!
      Very good!!
      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
        Clearly the WHO and China have culpability, but that in no way excuses fuckhead and his administration for their myriad unforced blunders.
        thought this was a Mith post

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
          mith is right about you
          What a weak ass insult, assuming that's what this was.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Jimmy Garoppolo is a Super Bowl hero after all:

https://www.insidehook.com/daily_bri...wl-saved-lives

"University of California San Francisco medical experts have concluded that the 49ers losing the Super Bowl was actually a good thing for the city and the surrounding region.

Had the 49ers beat the Chiefs, a victory parade would have been held in San Francisco days after the first coronavirus cases arrived in the region. And, from what we now know about how the virus spreads through mass gatherings, that parade could have turned victory for the team into a big loss of life in the city.

Hundreds of thousands of fans, some of whom would have undoubtedly been carrying the virus without knowing it, gathering on the streets of San Francisco could’ve made it a super-spreading event. San Francisco has done a good job of containing the spread of COVID-19, but that may not have been possible had the virus spread through hordes of celebrating fans."
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              So the bar is that per capita, we may not be dead last in our preparedness or response to this pandemic? I don't know what Spain knew when, and if I lived there, I'm sure I'd be critical of their response as well. What I do know is that the US had people in place as an early watch for this sort of thing and Trump pulled them. I know we had warning this was coming, even if the WHO and China downplayed it. I know that Trump himself was one of the most vocal people downplaying this, even at the point at which others clearly saw the writing on the wall, and that is despite China and the WHO. I know that America will end up being one of the hardest hit by this pandemic despite us having many benefits that other countries did not and do not have. There is plenty of blame to go around here, but Trump and the GOP's focus on China and the WHO is a deflection from the failures of this administration. Ask all those politicians who dumped all their stock if they knew this was coming. Ask them and Trump why the moves we are making now to produce needed PPE and treatment equipment like ventilators were not done back when they were selling their stocks, and when Trump was telling us this was nothing and we'd go from 15 cases to none, and when he mouthpiece Limbaugh was telling his listeners this was a Democratic conspiracy against him and this was nothing more than a cold.

I can't vote for who runs the WHO, or who runs thing in China. I can for who is POTUS, and I expect more from my leaders in this country than China, one of the more oppressive regimes on the planet. I expect the truth. I expect them putting citizens above the State. I expect accountability, not lies and cover ups. Trump gave us none of that and while I do give him credit for FINALLY coming around to the obvious reality we have been facing, he still chooses to spend time deflecting and focusing on himself as people are dying from his mistakes every day.
              Yes, all your points have been written about on here several times. No one (as far as I can tell) is disputing them. I am sure they will all be reposted again today in some form. But there are other factors at play here and I don’t think it lessens Trump’s role in the crisis to spend a few posts talking about them too.

Comment

• The recent spike in number of deaths can partially be attributed to the fact that places like NYC are now reporting cases where it seems obvious the person died of coronavirus, even if they were not tested as having it, due to lack of testing. That should give us a more accurate accounting if things, but it does throw off the math on projections.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/14/n...us-deaths.html

Comment

• Apparently, there are still a lot of issues to sort out for antibody testing still. Many now available may be flawed and inaccurate. So a full, accurate accounting of how prevelant the virus is may be a long way for off: https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/hea...eIz?li=BBnbfcL

Comment

• For the many here who seem to think that Trump's criticism of the WHO somehow is just playing politics, look at this video from an Indian news org:

US President Donald Trump said that WHO has failed to prepare the world for this Pandemic. Trump blamed the WHO for being too China-centric. Watch report.#Do...

The WHO is the one playing politics w this one. If Trump deserves any criticism for his condemnation of the WHO, it's because it's been like the rest of his responses in this pandemic: too little and too late.

Comment

• Trump panned globally for his pulling WHO funding.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/g...demic-n1184146

He's a small man, really the smallest of people. I mean he is tiny, just tiny.

Oh and ventilators.
                      "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                      - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                      - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                        For the many here who seem to think that Trump's criticism of the WHO somehow is just playing politics, look at this video from an Indian news org:

US President Donald Trump said that WHO has failed to prepare the world for this Pandemic. Trump blamed the WHO for being too China-centric. Watch report.#Do...

The WHO is the one playing politics w this one. If Trump deserves any criticism for his condemnation of the WHO, it's because it's been like the rest of his responses in this pandemic: too little and too late.
                        Great, they sucked on this. He pulled the funding. It does not excuse our lack of preparedness given the preponderance of evidence that we knew this was coming and worse than being reported by China months ago. We did not have to depend on WHO for that information. And we would have known more and sooner if Trump did not disband the pandemic response team in 2018. Obama set up the Global Health Security and Biodefense unit in 2015 and it took up very little in the way of resources, yet Trump gave the go ahead to reorganize and shrink "the bloat." He also continually downplayed the seriousness of this issue, despite ample evidence that he was wrong. He now claims he knew all along this would be a major pandemic that would hit us hard, but he didn't want to spook people or the markets. So, while it is fine and good to be critical of the WHO, the way it is being reported by right-wing media is very, very obviously being done not to share the blame, but to shift it. The narrative is very clearly being pushed that the WHO is at fault for our country's response to this and that is simply not true. Despite the WHO's downplaying of this, we still had ample evidence to make moves that would have saved lives and we did not do that. And this administration made moves to weaken our preparedness and response to this.

Comment

• And in pulling the WHO's funding, Trump talked about how they need to be held accountable. I agree. Now where is the accountability for Trump? He spends much of his time making it clear to all that are listening that he has done nothing wrong, that his response has been perfect, and his anecdotal evidence about how malaria drugs that are being shown to be ineffective and dangerous are some kind of panacea to this disease, and that it first was not a problem we should worry about, then a problem that will go away quickly, and now a problem we will pull out of early, because he cares more about his reelection chances that the lives of the people he governs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                            Great, they sucked on this. He pulled the funding. It does not excuse our lack of preparedness given the preponderance of evidence that we knew this was coming and worse than being reported by China months ago. We did not have to depend on WHO for that information. And we would have known more and sooner if Trump did not disband the pandemic response team in 2018. Obama set up the Global Health Security and Biodefense unit in 2015 and it took up very little in the way of resources, yet Trump gave the go ahead to reorganize and shrink "the bloat." He also continually downplayed the seriousness of this issue, despite ample evidence that he was wrong. He now claims he knew all along this would be a major pandemic that would hit us hard, but he didn't want to spook people or the markets. So, while it is fine and good to be critical of the WHO, the way it is being reported by right-wing media is very, very obviously being done not to share the blame, but to shift it. The narrative is very clearly being pushed that the WHO is at fault for our country's response to this and that is simply not true. Despite the WHO's downplaying of this, we still had ample evidence to make moves that would have saved lives and we did not do that. And this administration made moves to weaken our preparedness and response to this.
                            Who exactly is saying it excuses our lack of preparedness?
                            Pointing out the culpability of China, the WHO, the mayors of NY, NO, Philly etc doesn’t lessen the blame for Trump. It merely gives a more complete picture to what went on.

Comment

• 54 car pileup on the Kennedy this morning at 5:00 am.

Not sure that happens with a lock down. All essential?

Just found it strange.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                                Who exactly is saying it excuses our lack of preparedness?
                                Pointing out the culpability of China, the WHO, the mayors of NY, NO, Philly etc doesn’t lessen the blame for Trump. It merely gives a more complete picture to what went on.
                                Trump is saying that. Fox News is saying that. Conservative radio is saying that. Conservative websites are saying that. Team Trump and Team GOP are all saying that, and it just shows how biased our media is. Accurate reporting on the WHO and China are important (and as the worst hit area, clearly NYC and DeBlasio/Cuomo screwed up too); it just annoys the hell out of me that so much of it right now seems to be specifically aimed at persuading the public that they are at fault INSTEAD of Trump and our government rather than in addition to.

Comment

Working...
                                X