Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    I find it very telling that it's consistently the conservative/Trump supporters who continually suggest this thing isn't as bad as the doctors say it is, or find ways to dilute the numbers so they're not as bad.

Not surprising at all.
    It's not surprising since their cult demagogue downplayed its severity from day one. And they're going to do anything they can to keep up that delusion both for their own cognitive health (i.e. minimize dissonance) and protect dear leader because they know deep down that his re-election is doomed save for divine intervention (i.e. miracle cure).
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      Interesting plan, never will happen.
      Well he reviews three, but I agree that none of them are feasible in Trump's 'Murica.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
        Well he reviews three, but I agree that none of them are feasible in Trump's 'Murica.
        Have you seen the movement in Northern Idaho?

Amon Bundy and some idiot Patriots are at it again, too bad this thing doesn't just affect the willfully ignorant...…

Even some public officials have challenged social-distancing requirements, calling them assaults on the Constitution. One group wants to gather up to 1,000 people for Easter.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Anitbody testing may be available next week. Most probably won't do it, but it should begin to give us a better idea of who had this when, and if this thing was around longer than we thought, as it allows us to test recovered people who we suspect may have had it: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us...4Dm?li=BBnb7Kz

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            Anitbody testing may be available next week. Most probably won't do it, but it should begin to give us a better idea of who had this when, and if this thing was around longer than we thought, as it allows us to test recovered people who we suspect may have had it: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us...4Dm?li=BBnb7Kz
            Yeah, but where can I invest in those tests, gotta make a buck off this whole thing ya know.
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Just went to the local supermarket. My wife and I both wore gloves as well as a facemask. Many people there did as well, others took their chances. What bothered me mightily is that only about HALF the employees I saw were wearing gloves and/or a mask. I saw one in particular handling many items sans gloves/mask. WTF? This is a big chain, you would think they would have a consistent directive. Apparently they don't. I wrote to their management, let's see what they say.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                Just went to the local supermarket. My wife and I both wore gloves as well as a facemask. Many people there did as well, others took their chances. What bothered me mightily is that only about HALF the employees I saw were wearing gloves and/or a mask. I saw one in particular handling many items sans gloves/mask. WTF? This is a big chain, you would think they would have a consistent directive. Apparently they don't. I wrote to their management, let's see what they say.
                Thank you for informing us, we were unaware of this transgression as we have policies and procedures in place to assure your safety during these trying times.

Blah, Blah, Blah come back and spend your money!

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                  Its just a thought I had for quite a while last month, not sure why you call it a conspiracy theory.
                  Because there are literal conspiracy theories going around about it. Have you not read them? Some of them have been posted here?

Scientists do not know exactly when or where the first COVID-19 case occurred. Does that mean it could have occurred anywhere?

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                  Is that what you call any idea you dont agree with? Early deaths in Jan or Feb may have simply been misdiagnosed.
                  Heh, no, I don't call any idea I agree with a conspiracy theory. This one has literally been going around every social media outlet I've seen, posted by the tinfoil hat crowd.

Early cases being misdiagnosed would not explain it, it would have spread much quicker if that would have been the case.

Comment

I think its reasonable to theorize the virus was here and spreading in January.
                    So what's the theory on why all the first cases that popped up were travel related? If it was already here, wouldn't the people already here with the virus be the first in the hospitals testing positive with no travel?

You think it's coincidence that the first case in Washington was someone who travelled from China? And that Washington then was the first with several deaths from it? Coincidence?

Comment

• But if it was already around, then how can we blame wittle Dumpy? He's a cheerleader for America!!!
                      - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        But if it was already around, then how can we blame wittle Dumpy? He's a cheerleader for America!!!
                        Yup.

It's the new scientific method - start with your conclusion and work backwards to find a reason that the conclusion could be correct. Then, whatever you do, don't test it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          Because there are literal conspiracy theories going around about it. Have you not read them? Some of them have been posted here?

Scientists do not know exactly when or where the first COVID-19 case occurred. Does that mean it could have occurred anywhere?

Heh, no, I don't call any idea I agree with a conspiracy theory. This one has literally been going around every social media outlet I've seen, posted by the tinfoil hat crowd.

Early cases being misdiagnosed would not explain it, it would have spread much quicker if that would have been the case.
                          I dont consume any social media, its all trash.

conspire[ kuhn-spahyuhr ]
                          verb (used without object), con·spired, con·spir·ing.
                          to agree together, especially secretly, to do something wrong, evil, or illegal:
                          They conspired to kill the king.
                          to act or work together toward the same result or goal.
                          verb (used with object), con·spired, con·spir·ing.
                          to plot (something wrong, evil, or illegal).
                          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            So what's the theory on why all the first cases that popped up were travel related? If it was already here, wouldn't the people already here with the virus be the first in the hospitals testing positive with no travel?

You think it's coincidence that the first case in Washington was someone who travelled from China? And that Washington then was the first with several deaths from it? Coincidence?
                            those were the first diagnosed cases. That doesnt mean it wasnt already spreading without us knowing.
                            "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

I dont consume any social media, its all trash.

conspire[ kuhn-spahyuhr ]
                              verb (used without object), con·spired, con·spir·ing.
                              to agree together, especially secretly, to do something wrong, evil, or illegal:
                              They conspired to kill the king.
                              to act or work together toward the same result or goal.
                              verb (used with object), con·spired, con·spir·ing.
                              to plot (something wrong, evil, or illegal).
                              Yep, just stick to Fuawx news, The Drudge report and Rush and you'll be a smart man in Murica.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

those were the first diagnosed cases. That doesnt mean it wasnt already spreading without us knowing.
                                They actually know a lot more than most people realize. This is an interesting site

---------------------------------------------
                                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X