Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    This is a big deal. It is more deadly than the flu by a factor of about 20 times, but much less deadly than some other super bugs, which puts it in the sweet spot of spreading as much as possible and potentially killing many factors more people than the more deadly viruses that were easier to contain. I very much hope this estimate is wrong, but this article say that 40-70% of people will have this virus within a year, and you could be talking about millions of people dead with those numbers. I just highlight this, because it seems some folks have been dismissive of the level of concern FS has about this. This is no joke. Taking it seriously and trying to contain its spread will save lives. It is appalling that Trump and his admin is trying to minimize it and minize how serious people take it. https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...accine/607000/
    i am bored. i want you to tell me about the more deadly viruses that we contained.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
      i am bored. i want you to tell me about the more deadly viruses that we contained.
      SARS, MERS, Coconitus
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

either you have a strong enough immune system to overcome it or you don't. no amount of hand sanitizers or masks or germaphobe actions will prevent it. if you do drugs, your body is compromised, you abuse yourself and the system, or you are old and think medicare is a free ticket, or you think the drug industry, that it seems, had taken over the world will save you.

it's sad, you look at elderly people night stands and they have 100's of drugs lined up. i remember when people were worried about marijuana. now people literally raise their kids up on pharmaceutical drugs. and marijuana is openly accepted. mostly because alcohol is so much worse.

so much for the idea of science saving everyone's bacon. you think?

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          SARS, MERS, Coconitus
          nipah virus, Hendra virus. that was an interesting virus. why the fuck people would think they could eat bats. hendra kind of educated me, it infected horses from bat droppings than people. high mortality rate.

Comment

look it it this way, we've gone from a civilization building a world, to walking around wearing surgical masks.

you are not going to win abusing the environment. but you know, keep wearing those masks.

i am rooting for the virus. everyday the more it spreads, mankind planned it's own destruction previously. this is where everyone living in denial gets a wake up call.

Comment

10,000 years these guys have never been able to govern themselves. they will never be a democracy. they are too used to being told how to live their lives.
              Last edited by ; 03-02-2020, 11:27 PM.

Comment

i am fine with it. i am not deleting it. sorry if i upset anyone. i am allowed to have my moments like everyone else.

Comment

don't live in some moderated sheltered life. use it as a reason to tell me where i am wrong. state your case. make your points. we're all adults here. i am open to learning.

unless we want to live in some kind of denial. i think i already already said that before.

China just infected the world with a pandemic. and you guys are more worried about being politically correct... see this is why republicans kick your ass.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                    don't live in some moderated sheltered life. use it as a reason to tell me where i am wrong. state your case. make your points. we're all adults here. i am open to learning.

unless we want to live in some kind of denial. i think i already already said that before.

China just infected the world with a pandemic. and you guys are more worried about being politically correct... see this is why republicans kick your ass.
                    Your posts here are unique and typically entertaining. They often have an innocent flair and a refreshingly unguarded and blunt approach. However, you've crossed a line here, and not just crossed it but rather put it far in your rear view mirror.

Your post above was racist and frankly disgusting. Spreading racial stereotypes as truth and blaming a particular culture for the spread of a disease due to those sterotypes is both lazy and pathetic.

Appealing to avoidance of a "sheltered live" is not a reason to spread racism. Appealing to "we're all adults" is not a reason to spread racism. Appealing to your own ignorance and yearning to learn is not a reason to spread racism. Appealing to avoidance of denial is not a reason to spread racism. Appealing to a PC culture is not a reason to spread racism. And appealing to political norms is not a reason to spread racism.

What you posted is grotesque and you should do everyone a favor and remove it on your own. You are right, moderation is not needed, YOU need to get rid of that garbage on your own.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      Your posts here are unique and typically entertaining. They often have an innocent flair and a refreshingly unguarded and blunt approach. However, you've crossed a line here, and not just crossed it but rather put it far in your rear view mirror.

Your post above was racist and frankly disgusting. Spreading racial stereotypes as truth and blaming a particular culture for the spread of a disease due to those sterotypes is both lazy and pathetic.

Appealing to avoidance of a "sheltered live" is not a reason to spread racism. Appealing to "we're all adults" is not a reason to spread racism. Appealing to your own ignorance and yearning to learn is not a reason to spread racism. Appealing to avoidance of denial is not a reason to spread racism. Appealing to a PC culture is not a reason to spread racism. And appealing to political norms is not a reason to spread racism.

What you posted is grotesque and you should do everyone a favor and remove it on your own. You are right, moderation is not needed, YOU need to get rid of that garbage on your own.
                      Exactly. It is unacceptable
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

--- deleted response since it included content from a post that was deleted ---
                          Last edited by Ken; 03-03-2020, 09:08 AM.

Comment

For those who have asked if I still have mod powers, I do not. Nullies situation will have to be handled by revo.

I trust him to take the appropriate action
                            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I've deleted Nullnor's two unacceptable posts but have not banned/suspended him. Let's see how this works out.

Comment

Trump is uniquely dangerous in how unqualified to lead, with how anti science he is and the current health emergency. https://blog.ucsusa.org/anita-desika...to-coronavirus

Refuses to fill the top science related posts, as well as the hundreds of CDC vacancies. Censors the science experts and "disbanding scientific advisory committees, and suppressing scientific research". Even his brief press conference was chock full of inaccuracies that even a half hearted 5th grader wouldnt make on a presentation. This is an experiment in what would happen if you put the least disciplined and most ignorant and self serving racist in charge of worlds largest economy.

And what mountain of self dealing conflicts are going by wayside as we are too busy handling coronavirus, plus the usual n korea/ middle east scenarios? https://www.salon.com/2020/03/01/tru...taking-office/

Comment

Working...
                                X