Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    you appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
      I am not sure there is common ground. I call the other side now the vaccinators. they think one jab can solve all their problems. like scientists they have reduced the problem to one issue. which was always our true weakness.
      I can't say I have read everything you have posted, but I don't think you ever directly refuted the fact that vaccinations have saved lives. It dramatically reduced the death rate, saving millions. The fact that a variant emerged that evades vaccination in terms of transmission is not a reason to think vaccinations were a bad thing. It provided a layer of protection and continues to do so that has dramatically lowered the number of deaths that would have occurred if we did nothing. The pandemic has evolved and we should continually reassess what is right in the moment and going forward. We got lucky with Omicron, and it should provide another layer of protection for a lot of people, but even with Omicron, many are dying on the way to more protection--many more than if everyone had been vaccinated before contracting the variant. There is overwhelming evidence that if no vaccines were developed and administered, there would be millions more dead worldwide. You either accept the overwhelming evidence is true, in which case, you admit vaccinations were a good thing and move on, or you attempt to find bits of evidence to support the idea that it is not true, which just shows you are looking for things to confirm you underlying beliefs.

I think all you have focused on in the past are hypotheticals--what if the vaccinations lead to bad things in the future. Conjectures with little to no evidence weighed against the overwhelming evidence that vaccinations saved lives. The reason you are a lone voice in the wilderness on this is that despite all of the stuff you put out there and all the deep dives you have taken, you have not and cannot provide credible evidence that vaccinations have not saved lives and that instead they are hurting people. Because it just is not there. Maybe one day everyone vaccinated will become zombies and you can tell the survivors you were right, but right now, the evidence is very clear cut--vaccinations=less dead people. I do not know how anyone can be against that. Every time you post against vaccination, you are essentially arguing for the wish that more people were dead right now. So, that is why folks respond with frustration at that stance. Most people are generally for less needless deaths.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        I can't say I have read everything you have posted, but I don't think you ever directly refuted the fact that vaccinations have saved lives. It dramatically reduced the death rate, saving millions. The fact that a variant emerged that evades vaccination in terms of transmission is not a reason to think vaccinations were a bad thing. It provided a layer of protection and continues to do so that has dramatically lowered the number of deaths that would have occurred if we did nothing. The pandemic has evolved and we should continually reassess what is right in the moment and going forward. We got lucky with Omicron, and it should provide another layer of protection for a lot of people, but even with Omicron, many are dying on the way to more protection--many more than if everyone had been vaccinated before contracting the variant. There is overwhelming evidence that if no vaccines were developed and administered, there would be millions more dead worldwide. You either accept the overwhelming evidence is true, in which case, you admit vaccinations were a good thing and move on, or you attempt to find bits of evidence to support the idea that it is not true, which just shows you are looking for things to confirm you underlying beliefs.

I think all you have focused on in the past are hypotheticals--what if the vaccinations lead to bad things in the future. Conjectures with little to no evidence weighed against the overwhelming evidence that vaccinations saved lives. The reason you are a lone voice in the wilderness on this is that despite all of the stuff you put out there and all the deep dives you have taken, you have not and cannot provide credible evidence that vaccinations have not saved lives and that instead they are hurting people. Because it just is not there. Maybe one day everyone vaccinated will become zombies and you can tell the survivors you were right, but right now, the evidence is very clear cut--vaccinations=less dead people. I do not know how anyone can be against that. Every time you post against vaccination, you are essentially arguing for the wish that more people were dead right now. So, that is why folks respond with frustration at that stance. Most people are generally for less needless deaths.
        everything you said is true.

I came across this article Innate and adaptive immune responses to SARS-CoV-2 in convalescent children and adults https://www.news-medical.net/news/20...nd-adults.aspx
        Overall, the study suggested that strong nonspecific immunity impairs acquired immune response against SARS-CoV-2, thus highlighting the significance of COVID-19 vaccination in children to reduce their risk of reinfection and build strong immunity against SARS-CoV-2.
        innate immunity had a strong response and rapid clearance of the virus. but they say because it was so-called non-specific, we need to vaccinate so we feel like we are in control. against a virus that will change again and be non specific. do you see the illogic? we've come to accept, for example, flu vaccines. and that's fine. but it's going to become mandatory now. but it won't stop there. sterilizing vaccines against viruses that don't mutate much are a slam dunk. but these respiratory viruses aren't that type of virus. for example smallpox doesn't mutate much and measles doesn't for the antigen targeted. which is why at first it didn't work. yet, like you point out, this is conjecture.

these new vaccines have saved the day. this time. I believe it's compromised healthy immune systems in the long term. but as a society that's what we do. we write a check for today and worry about it later.

Comment

• Comment

• except we didn't get lucky with Omicron. the virus was always going to mutate into something less pathological and also evade immunity. yet it's not the end of limiting scientific debate in a public forum, or lockdowns or health passports etc.. it's only the beginning. it's not over. and this is the calling card of medical science. to keep you just sick enough to keep needing them. it's not intentional. but it's embedded. we are liberal, i get it. we think we can save everyone. but there is a cost in every rescue mission.

Comment

• there are two types of exercising ppl in the world, runners and skaters. runners are less graceful but more determined. it takes a lot of physical effort to run. yet, at some point it becomes effortless, and they reach a peaceful harmony. while for skaters it takes more mental effort, perhaps. it's a lot less wear and tear on the body. but each move, from the start, is graceful. you run, or skate over your problems. Stephen King said this in The Stand. either way we are avoiding the inevitable.

or look at it like a ride at an amusement park. some ppl spend all their tickets on the scariest ride and it's over sooner. while others conserve their pass to the rides and it's over later.

in nature there are universal laws like this. where every heartbeat has a set number no matter the size or metabolism. or how the weight of every organism in the ocean for every species is set to a balance. for example, the total weight of plankton weighs the same as whales. it's not a coincidence.

not to be cynical but there is always a cost. no matter what the condition or variable, whether it's spent fast or slow, the quality of life is what matters.

Comment

• it's the hardest lesson in life to learn

Comment

• i forget what this is called but when a group of ppl rescue someone trapped in a car, and they all hear the same cry for help coming from the car, except there was no audible cry for help. yet, they all heard it. in spirit we call it angels. in science we call it a mass audible illusion. stories like this really interested me. because it's one thing to see something that isn't there but it's another thing to hear it.

and i thought about Richard Burtons performance in the movie 1984. when he held up some fingers and made Roddy McDowall see more fingers than were there. that was the real beauty of George Orwell's 1984. that part. mass psychosis. to literally see something different. that one scene explained everything.

the war on safety. you can never be safe enough. you can never be too healthy. you can never be too free. like all other ideological war's it can never be completed..

disease, and viruses and covid is no longer a health issue, it's a political one. and just like when i said some ppl will be for Godzilla and against him, ppl will win and lose elections based on their stance of a mutating virus that can't be controlled. but we will create the illusion of control.

Comment

• i am not against having some structure. i look at the cats and accomplishing something is teaching them to have a 'dinner time', where they eat together. having a 'sleep time', when it's time to go to bed. having a home, where they can come and go. getting them to do that was more important than anything. everything wants a routine and structure. it's better than being a millionaire. or you can have all the money and influence in the world, but a cat won't listen. it's a battle of will.

every solution to every problem today is just a band-aid and doesn't even touch the heart of the problem.

ship all the manufacturing jobs overseas and then have an import problem. let all the gains go to the top, then increase welfare. or have poor health policies or pollute the shit out of the environment, and expect a miracle shot in the arm reset everything. or let profit dictate policy. it's called unsustainable.

Comment

• i am really curious about CA banning sales of small gas engines. don't they have to shut down their grid to prevent fires? so how is having ppl mow their lawns with an electric lawn mower work? or if TX did something similar but had a snowstorm and ppl didn't have gas generators to keep warm. or what happens in NYC where they stop new buildings from using gas or oil and use heat pumps. the Con Ed guy won't be too happy.

i mean you got to start somewhere right. it's all a giant fucking experiment. because we have no other choice.

Comment

• fuck my mother died. not from covid but she had cancer. but it was still sudden. she was 83 and had cancer a bunch of times but no-one told me she got it again the last six months and she decided not to treat it. I was seeing her on the weekends but she didn't tell me. she was in the hospital recently when broke her foot. and I found out she had cancer again and spread. was looking forward to when she came home and spending more time and an opportunity for more closure. she was funny. she had been drinking, sort of the whole time. I remember talking to fresno bob and TW years ago when she went to a rehab, and bob said to let her drink and enjoy life and TW said not to because it wouldn't end well. and I went with TW's opinion. and I listened to TW because he was right. and she lasted another 7 years I think. in a way I am kind of glad she was still doing the things she enjoyed even though she hid it from me. had me buy a carton of cigarettes but said it was for a friend. her last phone call yesterday she was trying get me to break her out of the hospital. I called her nurse, who we are all really close with, and she was coming home today. and I was going to come down tomorrow to see her. but when she came home today she died suddenly. at least she died at home.

7 years or so ago when she was in the hospital after having a small stroke, probably from drinking, and then went to rehab. she kept trying to escape the hospital. I went to see her every day. at one point they cornered her and she pulled the fire alarm to the hospital. when I went to see her they had a guard in the room. all the hospital staff were really pissed off. which I thought was funny. that was my mother. she had her own sneaky ways of doing things. and she had outsmarted the hospital. I am sure it didn't help having to go through that again. being in the hospital going though withdrawal with everything going on and maybe that extra pressure killed her. sad that the last time I talked to her was to break her out. because during this whole pandemic one of the narratives is, what ever you do, don't go to the hospital. and I believe that.

in flyover country mothers are considered saints. I learned that you never talk shit about your mother. I also learned this from having dogs. my little four legged children. there's a lot to learn from raising a puppy. even if you aren't it's real owner. when you see it again later in life there is an unbreakable bond. where, you fed it, you raised it, you wiped it's ass. and even other dogs that it hangs out with now, in it's new pack, and threaten you for approaching it, once it runs up to you an licks your face, the other dogs instantly understand that you were once an important part of it's life. and they stop barking at you. in human society they call it family, in dogs they call it the pack. it's a universal law.

and now i'm fucking screwed. I always did things my own way. but she was my backup if things went wrong. I can always take care of myself. but having adopted the old guys cats here, it put my sailboat idea out of business. which was stupid. it's funny how life works. this old guy has a 8,000 dollar electric bill with threats to shut off in 2 days. yet, the cops never followed up on their threat 2 months ago to kick 'everyone' out. I don't think they can. I think they have accepted me as a caretaker. and his sister owns the land. the electric company is a potential problem. I pay the guy enough money. but I really need to get a job and really help knock this shit down. he could die at any time too. I like being here though. he's become my family. his cats I've adopted. it's funny because this little cat owns the place. she's the bridge to everything. she knows everyone that comes in the yard. everything that goes on. even ppl that were distrustful of me, that have been friends with the old guy for years, and they call the cat, and instead she stands by me, they make a comment like oh she trusts you. I've some to realize that my relationship with the cat is a lot like the show The Mandalorian and Grogu. cats are like little lifeforms in Star Wars. you can't communicate with them in a traditional sense, but they are intelligent and have their own reasons and ways. and like the mandalorian, you understand them.

money is evil. I wanted to have a chance to show my mother I could take care of myself before she passed. and I had every opportunity to do it. and if it wasn't for this pandemic I would've already have done it 2 years ago. but right after I went to school at 50 years old for HVAC and graduated the pandemic hit. and all the fear society instilled in me caused me to lose my initiative and go back to my preferred ways of hiding from society. I am not going to blame the government and I've never been a fan of Reagan. because hiding in fear is my nature. but ever since I was forced out of my bubble of security and on a road of discovery and insecurity and self reliance, I've come to believe that the government really does want to control every aspect of your life. from shelter, to food, to health, to finances, to security. they don't want ppl to be able to take care of themselves. it's a toxic relationship. it's not as intentional as it is innate.

and this is why I think money is evil. my mother probably had millions. I wanted a real chance and closure to tell her to donate what she wanted to leave me to an animal shelter. and I meant it. because money corrupts. the only time I ever asked her for money was when my cat got injured. or how I am living in an RV now and can take care of myself but I can't take care of the two cats I've adopted. because I can't take them to an apartment or room to rent or a boat. because it's the only thing that matters to me. and I never wanted any of this. I wanted a simple life. when my father died suddenly in the bathroom when I was 10, my mother went to school at 40 to become a secretary. she had to start over. he died on dec 31 after Christmas, there are simple things like where the fuck is the renewal registration for the car. to how do I start my life over. but she did it. and this is a good lesson for finances. she found a good money manager and invested. and then remarried a famous cardiologist. I hope she didn't leave me anything. I hope I somehow learn my lesson someday. but I put myself in this position. I still live a charmed life. but charm is evil. one of my concerns is what will happen to her indoor cat. I can't take it. and now I have to talk to my older sister who I don't really have an estranged relationship with but handles everything. and money is evil. she has 4 kids I haven't talked to in years. and I feel like Tom Cruise in Rain Man. there is no long lost autistic brother I never knew to help me find the meaning of life. except another side of the family that doesn't really know me. this is what happens when someone dies. my mother will accomplish in death what I wouldn't allow her to do in life.

this is also what this vaccine does. it lowers your immune system. it ramps up your defense against one thing, and leaves you vulnerable to everything else you have in check. autoimmune disease or cancer. DNA repair. she was going to go but it happened a lot sooner. all so some CEO can make 4 billion dollars while pretending to save the world and leaving a wake of destruction. where every politician can change course according to the 'science'. and things that were contradictions like natural immunity is repackaged like it is rediscovering the wheel. and we all easily forget we were once against something we now support. because we are following 'science'. even though that science was packaged in anything but transparency. because we are all captured. whether we can admit it or not.

it's not healthy to have your immune system in a constant state of high surveillance. and while the RV guy used to try to tell me your brain has only so much energy and can only handle so much thinking, he was an idiot. but your body is not. it has homeostasis. because this is how it works, when you take a vaccine, it devotes a lot of resources. and these resources are limited. this is why your body doesn't try to fight initial infection. it is devoted to fighting disease after infection. it's a basic principle of virology. sure it could stop initial infection from the flu if it wanted. but that is not how it works. it could train every antibody in your body to fight every strain of the flu but it would come at an expense. just as every rescue mission has a cost. because it will leave your flank wide open. when you get vaccinated for the first 6 months you have high antibody levels, but then they eventually plateau. like a false vacuumed of space reaching a true vacuum. or energy or temperature reaching an equilibrium. and while your antibody titers reach lower constant state, they will have the ability upon reinfection to produce more troops at the rate of 10000 per second. this is what we know. but rediscovering such things is not good for financial business.

I don't want i'm sorry for your loss stuff. I am more private. it does suck though hoping to have had just one more day to day to do the things I should've done. I used to think this way when my cat died. but like when Bill Murray said the Dali Lama gave him total consciousness, I know my mother knew all of this before she died. just as I will know it someday.
                        Last edited by ; 02-10-2022, 11:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                          fuck my mother died. not from covid but she had cancer. but it was still sudden. she was 83 and had cancer a bunch of times but no-one told me she got it again the last six months and she decided not to treat it. I was seeing her on the weekends but she didn't tell me. she was in the hospital recently when broke her foot. and I found out she had cancer again and spread. was looking forward to when she came home and spending more time and an opportunity for more closure. she was funny. she had been drinking, sort of the whole time. I remember talking to fresno bob and TW years ago when she went to a rehab, and bob said to let her drink and enjoy life and TW said not to because it wouldn't end well. and I went with TW's opinion. and I listened to TW because he was right. and she lasted another 7 years I think. in a way I am kind of glad she was still doing the things she enjoyed even though she hid it from me. had me buy a carton of cigarettes but said it was for a friend. her last phone call yesterday she was trying get me to break her out of the hospital. I called her nurse, who we are all really close with, and she was coming home today. and I was going to come down tomorrow to see her. but when she came home today she died suddenly. at least she died at home.

7 years or so ago when she was in the hospital after having a small stroke, probably from drinking, and then went to rehab. she kept trying to escape the hospital. I went to see her every day. at one point they cornered her and she pulled the fire alarm to the hospital. when I went to see her they had a guard in the room. all the hospital staff were really pissed off. which I thought was funny. that was my mother. she had her own sneaky ways of doing things. and she had outsmarted the hospital. I am sure it didn't help having to go through that again. being in the hospital going though withdrawal with everything going on and maybe that extra pressure killed her. sad that the last time I talked to her was to break her out. because during this whole pandemic one of the narratives is, what ever you do, don't go to the hospital. and I believe that.

in flyover country mothers are considered saints. I learned that you never talk shit about your mother. I also learned this from having dogs. my little four legged children. there's a lot to learn from raising a puppy. even if you aren't it's real owner. when you see it again later in life there is an unbreakable bond. where, you fed it, you raised it, you wiped it's ass. and even other dogs that it hangs out with now, in it's new pack, and threaten you for approaching it, once it runs up to you an licks your face, the other dogs instantly understand that you were once an important part of it's life. and they stop barking at you. in human society they call it family, in dogs they call it the pack. it's a universal law.

and now i'm fucking screwed. I always did things my own way. but she was my backup if things went wrong. I can always take care of myself. but having adopted the old guys cats here, it put my sailboat idea out of business. which was stupid. it's funny how life works. this old guy has a 8,000 dollar electric bill with threats to shut off in 2 days. yet, the cops never followed up on their threat 2 months ago to kick 'everyone' out. I don't think they can. I think they have accepted me as a caretaker. and his sister owns the land. the electric company is a potential problem. I pay the guy enough money. but I really need to get a job and really help knock this shit down. he could die at any time too. I like being here though. he's become my family. his cats I've adopted. it's funny because this little cat owns the place. she's the bridge to everything. she knows everyone that comes in the yard. everything that goes on. even ppl that were distrustful of me, that have been friends with the old guy for years, and they call the cat, and instead she stands by me, they make a comment like oh she trusts you. I've some to realize that my relationship with the cat is a lot like the show The Mandalorian and Grogu. cats are like little lifeforms in Star Wars. you can't communicate with them in a traditional sense, but they are intelligent and have their own reasons and ways. and like the mandalorian, you understand them.

money is evil. I wanted to have a chance to show my mother I could take care of myself before she passed. and I had every opportunity to do it. and if it wasn't for this pandemic I would've already have done it 2 years ago. but right after I went to school at 50 years old for HVAC and graduated the pandemic hit. and all the fear society instilled in me caused me to lose my initiative and go back to my preferred ways of hiding from society. I am not going to blame the government and I've never been a fan of Reagan. because hiding in fear is my nature. but ever since I was forced out of my bubble of security and on a road of discovery and insecurity and self reliance, I've come to believe that the government really does want to control every aspect of your life. from shelter, to food, to health, to finances, to security. they don't want ppl to be able to take care of themselves. it's a toxic relationship. it's not as intentional as it is innate.

and this is why I think money is evil. my mother probably had millions. I wanted a real chance and closure to tell her to donate what she wanted to leave me to an animal shelter. and I meant it. because money corrupts. the only time I ever asked her for money was when my cat got injured. or how I am living in an RV now and can take care of myself but I can't take care of the two cats I've adopted. because I can't take them to an apartment or room to rent or a boat. because it's the only thing that matters to me. and I never wanted any of this. I wanted a simple life. when my father died suddenly in the bathroom when I was 10, my mother went to school at 40 to become a secretary. she had to start over. he died on dec 31 after Christmas, there are simple things like where the fuck is the renewal registration for the car. to how do I start my life over. but she did it. and this is a good lesson for finances. she found a good money manager and invested. and then remarried a famous cardiologist. I hope she didn't leave me anything. I hope I somehow I learn my lesson someday. but I put myself in this position. I still live a charmed life. but charm is evil. one of my concerns is what will happen to her indoor cat. I can't take it. and now I have to talk to my older sister who I don't really have an estranged relationship with but handles everything. and money is evil. she has 4 kids I haven't talked to in years. and I feel like Tom Cruise in Rain Man. there is no long lost autistic brother I never knew to help me find the meaning of life. except another side of the family that doesn't really know me. this is what happens when someone dies. my mother will accomplish in death what I wouldn't allow her to do in life.

this is also what this vaccine does. it lowers your immune system. it ramps up your defense against one thing, and leaves you vulnerable to everything else you have in check. autoimmune disease or cancer. DNA repair. she was going to go but it happened a lot sooner. all so some CEO can make 4 billion dollars while pretending to save the world and leaving a wake of destruction. where every politician can change course according to the 'science'. and things that were contradictions like natural immunity is repackaged like it is rediscovering the wheel. and we all easily forget we were once against something we now support. because we are following 'science'. even though that science was packaged in anything but transparency. because we are all captured. whether we can admit it or not.

it's not healthy to have your immune system in a constant state of high surveillance. and while the RV guy used to try to tell me your brain has only so much energy and can only handle so much thinking, he was an idiot. but your body is not. it has homeostasis. because this is how it works, when you take a vaccine, it devotes a lot of resources. and these resources are limited. this is why your body doesn't try to fight initial infection. it is devoted to fighting disease after infection. it's a basic principle of virology. sure it could stop initial infection from the flu if it wanted. but that is not how it works. it could train every antibody in your body to fight every strain of the flu but it would come at an expense. just as every rescue mission has a cost. because it will leave your flank wide open. when you get vaccinated for the first 6 months you have high antibody levels, but then they eventually plateau. like a false vacuumed of space reaching a true vacuum. or energy or temperature reaching an equilibrium. and while your antibody titers reach lower constant state, they will have the ability upon reinfection to produce more troops at the rate of 10000 per second. this is what we know. but rediscovering such things is not good for financial business.

I don't want i'm sorry for your loss stuff. I am more private. it does suck though hoping to have had just one more day to day to do the things I should've done. I used to think this way when my cat died. but like when Bill Murray said the Dali Lama gave him total consciousness, I know my mother knew all of this before she died. just as I will know it someday.
                          Not sure what to say. Losing a parent is quite an experience and takes some time to work thru. Anyway, take care.
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                            Not sure what to say. Losing a parent is quite an experience and takes some time to work thru. Anyway, take care.
                            thanks, it does take time. it's funny to think when you had all the time in the world you needed one more day.

Comment

• there's a great quote in the movie The 13th Warrior with Antonio Banderas. supposedly this movie was based on the epic poem Beowulf. and while I can't attest to the epic poem's moral of story, the movie has a great quote.
                              For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness.

Comment

• I've identified my mission. what to do about my mothers cat, which I can't take. but I have absolutely no confidence in anyone being capable of doing anything beyond their own nose. the best thing would be to find a home for it with an older woman. I have no confidence in ppl to do the right thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X