No announcement yet.

Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• history is going to prove you're wrong.

Comment

• Freedom Convoy to Ottawa Music by Nikki Mathis of Summit Sounds. here is the link to the full song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gHAsTXVuJk

i've become radicalized. it's not much fun. a completely new virus, and a completely new vaccine with 1 year of safety trials, and mandatorily given to the entire world. are you fucking insane.

Comment

• i asked my account to be deleted before not for my benefit but for yours, because i knew what i was going to have to say. yet it would put me out of my misery. i should've been put down long ago. it's the Ewing effect. you don't want to hear what i really have to say about the pandemic. but even if i was right, it doesn't make up for my past transgressions.

Comment

• i'm sorry for every conservative i ever drove out of here in my own echo chamber. and it's ironic because i built the very gangplank i now walk. i did it to myself. but at least i realized what i did before i fall into the water. and i hope everyone like me realizes it too someday.

it was an extraordinary set of circumstances for me to change. so i don't fault anyone for sticking to what they know.

Comment

• nul, that was quite the all nighter you posted. Sometimes it is helpful to remember this is a message board with zero barrier to entry, filled with just a handful of posters who have again, near zero proven background in heavy medical research. The postings are not read by any kind of real audience, in fact I would wager to bet you could mosey over to your local Walmart on a friday night and with a strong voice be heard by more people, and at least some of those have a chance to be md's, or research phd's, or at least not so blasted sure of themselves.

You be you, no one has more right to be here, or say whatever, than you. I could dispute the Biden shot regarding causing hungry children comment you made. Child hunger has drastically been reduced in this country, as in millions fewer hungry kids, from the expanded child tax credit that to a person was opposed by Republicans. https://www.businessinsider.com/bide...ds-july-2021-8
            or

As far as the covid battle you are waging, I know I do not have the energy to counterpoint your postings, nor the certainty to try. Covid "truth" evolves, not just as more is learned, but as covid has changed in its variants. I think you have put in work. But this is not a platform that you should be investing this kind of mana into and just chill. Maybe those claiming that you are the ranting drunk, well they are right, but they are also missing mark. There should be no voices of firm certainty from anyone here regarding this. I have not been posting becuase it is the equal to shouting into a shoebox you have under your bed. No one will hear. And the collective expertise makes it so maybe I am the shoe, and just think as we all do, we have true sight.

Comment

• Did not see anything about Joe Rogan here. Podcaster with huge audience, easily #1 viewership. Rogan is being squashed for what is being called anti-covid, but that is not accurate. Rogan does not think everyone needs to rush to get vaccinated and has serious reservations about kids being compelled to get shot.

Rogan is not an easy liberal or conservative peg, he has a strong conservative viewpoint on some things such as wealth disparity isnt the issue in this country so much as there being more an effort disparity. Think that went smoothly with Bernie? Yet it was a great conversation. I listen to him as he is only one who gives hours of air time to say Bernie Sanders, and on another show Tulsi Gabbard, and on a couple of different episodes E Musk. Who else has had a spot on Rogan show with literally hours of time to explain viewpoints? Try Jordan Petersen, Alex Jones, Ben Shapiro. Most interesting were spots with Mike Tyson, Bill Burr, Russell Brand. Sam Harris to Jocko to Neil degrasse Tyson. Having a platform where you have largest reach, give guests hours to speak their viewpoint without trying to massage their message and honestly try to have open minded discussion. Differing viewpoints with lots of interesting, accomplished, some brilliant people means you will have lots of varying voices that will challenge and maybe educate your own perspective.

Anyone who says they have never listed to Rogan, to me you may as well say you cant be bothered to try to look past your own nose.

Comment

• i wasn't planning on ranting. I am probably more wrong than I am right. Vaccines Need Not Completely Stop COVID Transmission to Curb the Pandemic https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...the-pandemic1/
                Lessons from other viruses show that even if vaccines don’t completely stop disease spread, they can still successfully contain it
                and my contention that intramuscular vaccines can't stop respiratory viruses is clearly wrong.

i didn't know Rogan worked at great woods. i saw Neil Young there twice. i wasn't at the concert they lit bonfires and he quit. ppl sneak into concerts there by jumping the fence, i never did. one time i was up on the lawn and for some stupid reason i thought it was fun throwing nacho chips at ppl below. then someone above me nailed me with a chip with a wad of cheese in my hair. the RV guy was from Mansfield as was the campground. we always talked about going up there after a concert to collect cans. he actually did it once and came back with a canopy someone threw out, which was sweet. we used it over the picnic table. i never really watched Joe Rogan. i mostly remember him from the show newsradio.

Comment

• i'm open to watching Rogan. even when he has pro-vaccine guys on. I was never really a podcast guy. as much as I try to live in the present, I've always been stuck in the past.

this site has been through a lot of the years. I remember when Bush beat Gore. the night of the election I remember thinking it was a slam dunk for Gore. he was my environmental hero at the time. and I worried after, how would we ever survive this. the Obama years seemed ok. but in hindsight, forcing ppl into what seems like a predatory healthcare system, not so much. and then Trump happened, and that became concerning. I used to argue with my GF about politics all the time, and I romanticized about being a time traveler and if I had told her, back in the day, Trump would become president someday, then I would truly be able to see the future and show how ridiculous reality can be. and again I worried how we would survive this. and then the pandemic happened. and that was like my forte. I had been saying for years this was going to happen, only to be completely caught off-guard when it did. never did I envision such things like social distancing and business closures or mandatory vaccines. I had totally dropped the ball in predicting this. and now it's like I am trying to make up for my lack of vision. but in reality, I am just like everyone else, stunned by what has happened. and here we are prodding along, and just like in the past, wondering how everyone can survive these challenges. these controversy's. but we do. and I see myself in everyone. I realize the things I've learned a long the way isn't a perspective I can transfer. I know that in the past, I would never have listened to a different point of view. thus I understand these are personal things and it's only something time can address. but I am totally on board with the passion and the belief that we think we are all right. because that is the most important thing.

Comment

• when you look into the eye's of a cat, you are looking into an animal with extreme confidence. it doesn't matter what the situation is. you are looking into the eyes of a tiger. house cats brains have shrunk over the years. our brains have shrunk a little too. it's not a bad thing. as long as a brain can still do everything it needs, having a smaller size is beneficial. Einstein had a girly brain. females have smaller brains than men, but they have the same number of neurons. it has been theorized that this allowed Einstein to have faster connections. and his brain is literally famous having travelled across the country after he died.

the man with supposedly the highest IQ ever was William James Sidis https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_James_Sidis with and IQ of 250 to 300. he's an interesting story. he entered Harvard at age 11 as an adult, and was claimed to be conversant in about 25 languages and dialects. he invented his own language. he wrote a paper later discovered where he predicted black holes, and expanded on the idea of the existence of regions of space where the second law of thermodynamics operated in reverse to the temporal direction that we experience in our local area; everything outside of what we would today call a galaxy would be such a region.

the reason cats brains shrunk is because when we domesticated them 10,000 years ago, the areas of their brain that were devoted to threats in the wild were lost. and like Einstein this allowed for faster connections and efficiency over their full size Tiger relatives. in reality, we don't really know much about cats intelligence because they are uncooperative. they haven't officially passed the mirror test, and they retain a lot of instincts. cats are the next frontier in understanding animal intelligence. a true apex predator in the process of being domesticated. when estimating their intelligence I start from the top and work my way to the bottom. it's the only subject where you assume first that they know this.

I have the wild calico, after 2 years, now sitting next to me. it took that long. it also has to do with cat politics. you'll notice that if you have two cats, one will always be closer to you than the other. but it's not because the cat doesn't like you. it's because of hierarchy. the trick is to smash the hierarchy and tell them it doesn't matter. that you are all equal and free.

one weird thing I notice is when I am really drunk and they know I am going to post something online really stupid, they try to intervene and stop me. or not they let me. a herd of cats is the greatest support group in the world. domesticating them is an evolutionary experiment that has never happened before. the only animal in history with a stronger will than a cat is a man.

Comment

• the government is watching me because I am preparing cats to take over the world.

Comment

• every pandemic or hot zone in the history of mankind has been blamed on the government. the only difference is this time, it's true.

Comment

• from a political point of view, men don't really give a shit what we inject into our bodies. but from a female stand point, democrats have made a grievous mistake. the notion of my body my choice is not lost on the female population. as a man, I was a solid democrat but when you tell me to take a vaccine, as an adult, I disagree with and then mandate it, it becomes personal. and I become a one issue voter. how many voters have the democrats lost or gained over this one issue. and while I admire Biden for standing by what he believes, it wasn't political expedient. and while I am unhappy with the supreme court deciding against some employee mandates, I would rather have seen them come down how England has decided recently to lose their healthcare mandates.

females vote more than men. if this becomes a one issue vote, I know it didn't take much for me to break. imo mandates were both a poor health and political choice. but I guess we'll see.

Comment

• the older cats always get the younger cats in a headlock while attempting to clean them. eventually this upsets the younger cats. there is really not much I can do otherwise I would upset the hierarchy. it's a fluid situation. and I really don't know what to do about it. all I can be is supportive to each one without picking a side. and just let nature. and then if I see an opportunity to do something about it I can try.

Comment

• I am not sure there is common ground. I call the other side now the vaccinators. they think one jab can solve all their problems. like scientists they have reduced the problem to one issue. which was always our true weakness.

Comment

• If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X