• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
    I've got the feral daughter of my cat
    Watch out for slashing

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Watch out for slashing
      indeed
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      ---------------------------------------------
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• COVID hospitalizations are now lower than they have been in the last 13 months.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• if you took all the mutations and genetic drift in the common cold or the flu is every person in the world during the cold and flu season, and those are viruses that mutate a lot. they are single stranded positive RNA right? all the changes wouldn't equal the changes, mutations or drift whatever, in a single person with HIV or AIDS.

that is how fucking powerful HIV is. it's the worst virus on the planet. it's unstoppable. the only thing worse is prion disease, cronic wasting disease, mad cow, CJD. but proteins miss folding isn't a virus. or is it? what common is the incubation rate. I mean England made mad cow disease out to have an incubation rate up to decades. whatever happened to that? anyways, the best viruses are ones that kill right away. the ones that obviously fuck you up without hiding or changing. it's like virus straight talk. like zombie movies.

a year ago when this first started I was loading up on cat food at Walmart. I ran into two girls that talked to me. obviously I don't get the chance to get out much and talk to women. it was a nice conversation. I told them everyone walking around us are potential c-19 virus carriers. it was simple math. contagiousness and incubation rate. the girl I liked friend made a joke about zombies. I kind of looked at her weird and her friend said she was joking. surprisingly it's not hard to look unkempt and crazy at Walmart, so I had that going for me.

but what I wanted to explain to her was in zombie movies what happens when one bites you? how long does it take before you turn into a zombie? right away pretty much. that's called incubation rate.

then again people could think incubation rate is how long it takes to get pregnant after sex, or how long it take to fly in a plane to Paris, italy.

Comment

• the reason smoke on the water is one of rock and rolls great songs is because it's a true story.

Comment

• +1 if you were on AOL 2.5 or 3.0 30 years ago and had the visual basic program Mad Cow. that was actually a year before my time. those programs where every Saturday morning you could punt annoying teenagers off their computer through overloading their private message interpreter. heh

Comment

• while we are on the subject of viruses, I would like to remind everyone that mold is in the same category as viruses and bacteria. but mold doesn't really infect us because since before the beginning of mammals, it has only affected reptiles and cold blooded creatures.

a fever is your best defense. when a virus of perhaps mold infects you, turn up the heat. mold can't survive. which is why mold hasn't been a problem for us yet.

but it's changing, slowly mold is adapting. especially concerning is when it plays evolution with bats. a bat cave is the superbowl of disease evolution. a bats immune system is so powerful and robust that viruses constantly go their to evolve because it's the superbowl.

humans have no defense against mold. fuck that antibiotic resistant bacteria shit, and I can see now why India is a breeding ground for it. in contrast, the biggest concern is mold. if it adapts to higher temperature you'll have a whole new nomenclature to deal with. one we have no natural defense for. pay attention to that shit. it's slowly happening.

the biggest organism on the planet is a mold living in Oregon.

Comment

• I've never actually watched a Cesar Milan show. but I can tell you that being a whisperer of anything can be more of a curse than a blessing. when an animal looks at you like your the only person that understands them, it can be a responsibility.

there's expectations. it's a great world though. especially if you are good at it. people like to show off what they are good at.

Comment

• communicating with animals is not a secret talent. the first thing is being on the same page and the subject is the same. you have to know what each other is thinking.

90% of the time an animal doesn't understand words. but when you do use words, always use the same word in the same situation with the same tone.

I have a contract with animals which says, if you want to communicate with me I have some basic requirements. and I huddle with them and tell them, if you expect this much from me than I expect this much from you. I keep the bar low, and build from it. but we reach an agreement on communication.

it's really reverse psychology I trick them right into it. most of the time, it doesn't matter what type of animal it is, a wolf thinks I am a wolf, a dog thinks I am a dog. I am part of the pack. the problem with dogs isn't getting to them to think you are a dog too, but where your ranking is in the pack. I prefer the beta male role. while being a secret alpha. ..in Yellowstone, Wolf21A was the most famous wolf. that was 20 years ago. there's been others since. there was a female that could take down a bison herself. she would make a suicide run and grab it. only wolf to do that.

21A was the wolf that joined the Druidpeak pack after it dispersed and came back. he lived into his mid or late teens I think, which is long for a wolf. he was a beta with his previous pack, I think it was the Crystal Creek pack, for years. that's the think about alpha males, they aren't always around. they have many duties. and because they are so headstrong they are prone to fucking up. thus, there's nothing to be ashamed about being a beta male that saves the pack while the alpha is acting stupid. that's the first message to get across a pack animal. but then, cat's aren't pack animals.

it's simple, communication involves knowing what each other is thinking, using your eyes to look at or point, using your ears to listen and voice with the same tone. tone is very important. and you have to use these tools in the same application every time. that is how you communicate with animals.

in my world Cesar Milan is a complete fake. he's a poser. it's not how you communicate with animals. but it's a starting point. I am much more advanced than that. I am like George Costanza from Seinfeld. it's not a lie if you believe it.

Comment

• did I ever mention how much I dislike Noam Chomsky. whatever happened to that yet secret undiscovered organ in the human anatomy for speech?

and then he run off to Europe so he can utter his unfettered criticisms of America from afar. if you are going to criticize something you have to be a part of it to qualify. wtf did he ever know about speech, that's all I have to say about that.

Comment

• here's a list of vocabulary for cats.

I am not fucking around either. I trained 5 crows at a gas station. even after I left they pressured my replacement to feed them from me teaching them. crows don't respond to words. I am not going to get into how you domesticate wild crows. but crows are a good example of communication. they definitely utilize speech in their own way.

1: food. this is the most important word. that's a word cats will actually learn. when they come in the RV I say food. and they know what I mean. the tone doesn't have to be the same.

2: you are ok, or you are fine. this means not to be scared or freak out about something in the human world they don't understand. this requires the same tone. circumstances can vary. it usually means I almost stepped on you and I didn't do it on purpose.

3 be careful. this is when I let them outside on their own. when night has fallen and it's a full moon. the coyotes are out there waiting for them, or the cars are driving fast on the street. ...there is no tone for this, it's a last minute feeling conveyed about danger. it's me telling them don't fuck up. it's my most spoken word.

4: I have to piss. this is used in situation. I have to pee. so get the fuck up. animals understand when you have to excrete. it's a basic function. when you sit on my lap long enough you understand I have to eventually go to the bathroom.

5: I have to go to sleep soon. again, this is used with the same tone and situation. this means go outside or whatever and get you business affairs in order because the shop is locking up soon for the day. I am a school teacher, but my children are four legged. it's a combination of classes. English/Survival.

these are the 5 basic needs that is universal to all creatures.

Comment

• the strange thing about crows is they will recognize you. this means they see life as individuals.

with that much capacity, it's sort of amazing, or damming that no-one has ever noticed or cared about it. birds will see you as an individual. they will recognize your face better than any artificial intelligence can ever do. they have very good eyesight. yet, they are an animal that understands all lives matter.

Comment

• that's what is fucked up about EO Wilson. I have no idea what he gleamed from ants. I missed out in life having a mentor but if I wished I ever had one, it would have been him.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                              the reason smoke on the water is one of rock and rolls great songs is because it's a true story.
                              Yes, and Ritchie Blackmore.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• I either had too much caffeine today or the virus. physically fine but felt more crazy than usual. I'm good, I guess. I am a little disquiet, which I usually never get.

felt like I had a big day. a lot of battery stuff on the RV. a world where you have to watch things like watts and amps and voltages. learn what they mean. I had a really nice battery I killed after 2.5 years. Walmart lead acid 100 amp hour not deep cycle. a lot of shit to read about that stuff. went to buy a new one, I have two batteries in my RV. I fucked that battery up thru mismanagement. yet Walmart has a free 3 year warranty. you want to know why I get a free battery now, because America had a 99% recycle rate for lead batteries. seems like a loophole that can be abused. that's where loss prevention comes in. they'll let you return it the first time but catch anyone abusing it.

off grid shit is disappointing. 100 amp hours is not 10 amps for 10 hours. the best portable solar generator is https://www.bluetti.com they had a 3000W system for $2800 a lot of solar panels though. 4 rows. thing would recharge in 3 hours. you could run an electric heater of air conditioner off that.

that's not what I wanted to talk about. viruses and cell memory. is the universe alive and is it conscious? do we really live inside a blue eyed giant named Macumber. I've actually never been that interested in cell memory outside strange tales of organ transplants causing the new host to act like the old one. or phantom limbs itching. I mean single cells are neurons. they make memory.

and then I read this article last night. https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...ake-decisions/ Can a Cell Make Decisions?

that's the problem with physicists that venture into biology or vis versa, it's not your field of expertise. it's so hard to really combine fields. so it leads to the conjecture between Lord Byron and Lady Lovelace. do even the simplest atoms and organisms have consciousness? and it's based on complexity. the more advanced the more conscious. but it's a basic ingredient of the universe. it's not something that can be invented.

Comment

Working...
                                X