Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    nice that Donald made some people ride in a car with him so he can make a public appearance. And the windows are rolled up. Peak stupidity.
    And on top of the windows being up.

https://twitter.com/DrPhillipsMD/sta...385229827?s=20

Comment

• This video is just more evidence that the entire world, w a few exceptions, just has no idea how to effectively deal w this pandemic. It is about Argentina, a country that went into an early strict lockdown which largely remains in effect up to the present yet continue to experience one of the worst surges of cases in the world:

Argentina is facing a kind of perfect storm: a pandemic, an economic crisis, a loan default, and an unprecedented political confrontation. Things in the Land...

ARgentina has the 7th most cases (or 8th most depending on which source you use) in the world despite having only the 32nd largest population. Its cases and deaths per capita are still not as many as those in the US but they are gradually approaching them. BTW, The Argentine president initially became very popular because of the measures he implemented, receiving an 85% approval rating, but it's nowhere near that now. So, strict lockdowns and quarantines like Argentina's dont necessarily work, minimal restrictions like in Sweden didnt seem to work well either and very high testing numbers like in the US (10th highest testing rate per capita among countries w > 100,000 people) dont by themselves work well either. So what to do? Well, how about paying more attention to what Taiwan did? Extensive mask-wearing and early and effective contact tracing seem to be 2 of the hallmarks of their success. ARgentina has a contact-tracing system but they implemented it late and they have done a poor job of testing compared to most major countries so contact-tracing can only have limited effectiveness if you are not even identifying who is infected by testing. Of course, if the rest of the world, nations and major corporations alike, officially recognized Taiwan as a separate country, maybe they'd take what they're doing more seriously.

Comment

• Trump has to make these difficult decisions every day. Safeguard the health and well being of the American people or pursue personal gratification? At least he is consistent.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
          And on top of the windows being up.

https://twitter.com/DrPhillipsMD/sta...385229827?s=20
          Also from Dr. Phillips: "Every single person in the vehicle during that completely unnecessary Presidential 'drive-by' just now has to be quarantined for 14 days. They might get sick. They may die. For political theater. Commanded by Trump to put their lives at risk for theater. This is insanity."
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• If Biden wins, the entire White House will have to be cleaned and disinfected before the new administration can go in there. You know those spiteful bastards will be coughing on everything before they leave.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I was taking the high road on this, but Fuck That Guy.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• He so clearly deserves death.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Another stats update as of 7:46 AM today. Last stats were from 9/28 at 7:46 AM, exactly 7 days ago. Mortality rate is figured using the current death total divided by the total cases from the update 3 weeks ago (9/14).

- 7,637,066 cases in the US, up from 7,321,465, an increase of 4.31% which is a smaller increase than last time (4.51%). The new cases for this period were 315,601 which gives a 7-day daily average of 45,086, down slightly from 45,111. A comparison w last period's new cases (315,779) gives a new cases increase rate of 0.999, lower than that of the last update (1.068). The current test positivity rate is 4.70%, lower than that of the last update (4.94%) and is below the WHO threshold figure of 5.0%. Currently, there are only 11 states that have R-naught below 1.0 an decrease from the 16 states last update, so the overall US R-naught still must be above 1.0. The values for the different states range from 0.80 to 1.34.
                  - 214,615 deaths in the US, up from 209,454, an increase of 2.46% which is a smaller increase than last time (2.61%). The new deaths for this period were 5,161 which gives a 7-day daily average of 737, down from 762. The mortality rate is 3.20% (214,615/6,710,031), slightly lower than last time (3.24% (209,454/6,460,421)). The mortality rate for the week's new deaths is 2.07% (5,161/249,610), higher than last time (1.87% (5,332/285.413)).
                  - 35,410,679 cases worldwide, up from 33,316,224, an increase of 6.29% which is a smaller increase than last time (6.63%). The new cases for this period were 2,094,455, which gives a 7-day daily average of 299,208, up from 296,061. A comparison w last period's new cases (2,072,431) gives a new cases increase rate of 1.011, which is about the same as last time (1.013).
                  - 1,042,937 deaths worldwide, up from 1,003,357, an increase of 3.94% which is about the same increase as last time (3.88%). The new deaths for this period were 39,580 which gives a 7-day daily average of 5,654, up from 5,354. The mortality rate is 3.57% 1,042,937/29,197,386), lower than last time (3.68% (1,003,353/27,289,930)). The mortality rate for the week's new deaths is 2.08% (39,580/1,907,456), higher than that of the previous period (1.98% (37,479/1,893,589)).

New case rate increases went down for both the US and the world. But the current week's death rates went up for the US and the world. For the US, the R-naught seems to have gone up, which is bad, but the test positivity rate went down, which is good.

There is now a case in the Solomon Islands, bringing the number of countries and territories w at least 1 case to 219, the first increase in months. Now, there are only 9 countries (all in the South Pacific) that have neither confirmed nor suspected cases: Kiribati, Marshall Is., Micronesia, Nauru, Palau, Samoa, Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu.

Cases continue to surge in Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Costa Rica, Mexico, Spain, France, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Belgium, Romania, India, Nepal, the Philippines, Indonesia, Ukraine, Iraq, Israel and Morocco. And cases have surged recently in Canada, Poland, Czech Republic and Iran. But case increases have lessened recently in Peru. Much of Europe continues to experience a 2nd wave. India's cases are now 6,626,291 and at the current rate of new cases, India projects to pass the US in total cases by about 11/3.

Comment

• "That should never have happened," one current Secret Service agent who works on the presidential and first family detail said after Trump's drive-by, adding that those agents who went along for the ride would now be required to quarantine. "I mean, I wouldn't want to be around them," the agent said, expressing a view that multiple people at the Secret Service also voiced in the wake of Sunday's appearance. "The frustration with how we're treated when it comes to decisions on this illness goes back before this though. We're not disposable."

Another veteran Secret Service agent also expressed deep dismay at the Walter Reed ride, though was sympathetic for those around the President given the difficulty in pushing back on the commander-in-chief. "You can't say no," the agent said. While agents in the Secret Service have the power to say no to activities that could put a president in danger, they can't say no in situations that could put themselves in danger.

Dr. Leana Wen, an ER physician and CNN medical analyst, tweeted that if Trump were her patient, "in unstable condition + contagious illness, & he suddenly left the hospital to go for a car ride that endangers himself & others: I'd call security to restrain him then perform a psychiatric evaluation to examine his decision-making capacity."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/05/polit...rip/index.html

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I don't remember any post I made after the Hair video, heh. I think I hold the record now for being drunk during each post for the last 6 months.

also, is it just me or did it seem when Trump came out on the balcony tonight he was trying to look like a superhero who defeated covid-19 in three days, taking off his mask.. "yes, I am Ironman".

although, most Americans don't have 14 personal doctors.

"don't be afraid. yes I am Batman"

Comment

• I could've sworn I saw Rudy Giuliani in the crowd trying to aim a flashlight with a bat signal over the balcony.

Comment

• I figured this goes here too, in case people want to talk about how Trump continues to push the shamdemic narrative:

Has this happened before? It seems like social media lets Trump post whatever he wants, but they pulled his message that said that covid is far less lethal than the flu for most populations. Here is the message that finally got them to act, after it had been up for hours, and had tons of amplification from the "shamdemic" crowd.

"Flu season is coming up! Many people every year, sometimes over 100,000, and despite the Vaccine, die from the Flu. Are we going to close down our Country? No, we have learned to live with it, just like we are learning to live with Covid, in most populations far less lethal!!!"

Comment

• Stephen Miller, come on down!
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                              Stephen Miller, come on down!
                              His temperature has risen to over 50 degrees...must be very sick.

Comment

• A recent study showed very counter-intuitive results:

Earlier studies claimed that Asthmatics are more vulnerable and were asked to be extra cautious of COVID-19. But, recent studies has been claimed that the As...

It says that asthma sufferers, instead of being more susceptible to the effects of CV-19, actually are less likely to be affected because of the effects of asthma medications. So, I guess, try to get ahold of some asthma medication to provide extra protection against CV-19?

Comment

Working...
                                X