Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    Make 'em wear masks...fuck them if they don't.
    That seems like it could spread other diseases.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
      Another stats update as of 7:46 AM today. Last stats were from 6/15 at 7:46 AM, exactly 7 days ago:

- 2,356,715 cases in US, up from 2,162,406, an increase of 8.99% which is a much larger increase than last time (7.71%). The new cases for this period were 194,309. A comparison w last period's new cases (154,875) gives a new cases increase rate of 1.255, which is much higher than that of the last update (0.911). Too early to call this the start of a 2nd wave but not a good sign.
      I think it's clearly a second wave in the South. In the national statistics this is being obscured by the decline in new cases in the Northeast and parts of the Midwest, but the surge across the South has been occurring for three weeks now and accelerated over the past week.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Make 'em wear masks...fuck them if they don't.
        They do have to wear a mask. But if they claim some type of disability that prevents them from wearing one, my hands are tied. Unless I want to face a lawsuit (I doubt someone would sue, but who knows)
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
          They do have to wear a mask. But if they claim some type of disability that prevents them from wearing one, my hands are tied. Unless I want to face a lawsuit (I doubt someone would sue, but who knows)
          My personal opinion is that it's not as important that every single last person wear a mask as it is that enough people do it that it's clear that society expects it of people and that those who don't do it are exceptions. I wish every single person who could do it would do it, but I'll gladly settle for almost everyone doing it.
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
            My personal opinion is that it's not as important that every single last person wear a mask as it is that enough people do it that it's clear that society expects it of people and that those who don't do it are exceptions. I wish every single person who could do it would do it, but I'll gladly settle for almost everyone doing it.
            I have seen a lot of folks, including workers at stores like Walmart, have them on all wrong. Like they have pushed them down so it doesn't cover their noses, or all the way do like a scarf. Makes them pretty pointless if not worn properly.

The first one I was able to get on ebay didn't fit me well. I've now gotten a couple that have wire in them to allow them to form around the nose, which I think makes them much better.

The more people wearing masks, the better. But there does seem to be a need for more education or enforcement on how to wear them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
              Yeah, I ran into a guy last week that was going to the State offices to try to get a waiver from wearing a mask because medical facilities wouldn't let him in without one. That's a tough call for sure, I guess if you had COPD or some other kind of breathing disorder, a mask could be almost impossible to wear.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Yeah, I ran into a guy last week that was going to the State offices to try to get a waiver from wearing a mask because medical facilities wouldn't let him in without one. That's a tough call for sure, I guess if you had COPD or some other kind of breathing disorder, a mask could be almost impossible to wear.
                No one with COPD should be out in public right now.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Stuff like this makes one wonder how we made it this far....summary=public health officials are resigning because they can't take the harassment and death threats from people angry they are trying to enforce quarantines and for doing their jobs in general: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/am...3Ip?li=BBnb7Kz

Comment

• I've been working from home, but I have to go into the office at some point today or tomorrow.

2 people in my office have tested positive in the last week.

Joy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      I've been working from home, but I have to go into the office at some point today or tomorrow.

2 people in my office have tested positive in the last week.

Joy.
                      Geesh. How big is your office, how many people, do you have to be there all day? Hope you can stay safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        Geesh. How big is your office, how many people, do you have to be there all day? Hope you can stay safe.
                        I'm hesitant to go into further details due to privacy restrictions and employment non disclosure agreements, but it's very small. Not good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          I'm hesitant to go into further details due to privacy restrictions and employment non disclosure agreements, but it's very small. Not good.
                          Google says that Ken's Dressing has over 1,100 employees. That's not very small.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                            Google says that Ken's Dressing has over 1,100 employees. That's not very small.
                            But the executive office, with the gold-plated toilets, that's very small.

Comment

• Seriously though, Ken, I wish you the best.

Comment

• NYC Marathon cancelled for this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X