X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    No silly, that was sarcasm!
    The Biggest brain.....
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

No silly, that was sarcasm!
      cripes, I'm not even sure what is worse? If he was being sarcastic (which I don't believe for a moment he was), to what end? Oh, I was just trolling everyone to see if I could get 20 people to poison themselves last night? Or I just bought stock in lysol and wanted to see if I could make a quick profit tomorrow morning?
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        cripes, I'm not even sure what is worse? If he was being sarcastic (which I don't believe for a moment he was), to what end? Oh, I was just trolling everyone to see if I could get 20 people to poison themselves last night? Or I just bought stock in lysol and wanted to see if I could make a quick profit tomorrow morning?
        No chance, it's just the most pathetic backtrack in history. Hopefully no one is dumb enough to actually do it, but if so it's undoubtedly more blood on his tiny hands.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

No chance, it's just the most pathetic backtrack in history. Hopefully no one is dumb enough to actually do it, but if so it's undoubtedly more blood on his tiny hands.
          His supporters have doubled down for so long on him, there is no backing out now. They have to continue the narrative that any time Trump says something that reveals himself to be an idiot he must simply be trolling everyone. The admittance that he is in fact an idiot would be like the closing scene in The Sixth Sense, a series of flashbacks that suddenly reveal to them that he has, in fact, been an idiot THE WHOLE TIME. It would be too much for them to bare and own up to. And we already know they are totally fine with him trolling all the libs. Hell, some of his supporters still think this is all a hoax invented by Dems and China to take him down.

Comment

I mean, I'm not sure what is worse, if he was stupid or being sarcastic? It's hugely irresponsible in this situation. I try and avoid TDS, but if he was being sarcastic, it's possibly worse than being stupid this time.
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
              I mean, I'm not sure what is worse, if he was stupid or being sarcastic? It's hugely irresponsible in this situation. I try and avoid TDS, but if he was being sarcastic, it's possibly worse than being stupid this time.
              Yeah, what better time to be sarcastic then when 50,000 Americans have perished from this disease? It's joke-cracking time!

Comment

• In a smart move, the WH looks to begin limiting Trump's role in these daily briefings. He's had his fun talking about things he doesn't understand. Now, finally, they realize the dangers of that (not to the people, but to his approval ratings, because they are what really matter). It is a win-win, really. Less of Trump talking is good for all Americans and it is a win for him too, because he has less opportunities to look like a complete idiot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  He has decided to double down on the irresponsible advice, moving from dangerous malaria drugs to floating the idea of injecting sunlight or a disinfectant into the body, prompting the makers of Lysol to release a statement telling consumers to NOT inject themselves with Lysol. This guy is 100% the dude in the brainstorming room who makes the most idiotic suggestion imaginable and all you have is awkward silence, because he also happens to be the boss: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...lungs-n1191216

Trump said, "So supposing we hit the body with a tremendous — whether it's ultraviolet or just a very powerful light — and I think you said that hasn't been checked because of the testing," Trump said, speaking to Bryan during the briefing. "And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or some other way, and I think you said you're going to test that, too."

"I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning? As you see, it gets in the lungs, it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that."
                  Trump is going to thin out his own herd who thinks that he is never wrong.....and then of course he will blame someone else for thinning out his herd.....and then the surviving herd will want to lock someone else up lol.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Another stats update as of 7:46 AM today. Last stats were from 4/22 at 7:46 AM, exactly 3 days ago:

- 925,758 cases in US, up from 827,358, a 11.9% increase. That's about the same increase as last time (11.5%). The increases of the last 6 days give a doubling rate of every 19 days. The US would project to hit 1 mil cases by at least the next update on April 28. The states w the highest # of cases per capita, in order, are New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Louisiana and DC. The states w the highest # of tests per capita, in order, are Rhode Island, New York, Massachusetts, Louisiana, Utah, DC and New Mexico. As of 4/15, the US has a testing rate of 15.2 per thousand. For comparison, Italy's is 27.2 per thousand and Spain's rate is 19.9 per thousand.
                    - 52,217 deaths in US, up from 45,447, a 14.9% increase which is a smaller increase than last time (15.7%). The increases of the last 6 days give a doubling rate of about every 14.5 days. The US projects to hit 100,000 deaths by about May 9. Every state has now reported a death and American Samoa is the only territory w/o a case. The US mortality rate is now 5.64%, which is higher than last time, (5.49%). The states w the highest # of deaths per capita, in order, are New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Louisiana and Michigan.
                    - 2,850,107 cases worldwide, up from 2,584,183, a 10.3% increase which is about the same increase as last time (9.9%).
                    - 198,283 deaths worldwide, up from 178,888, a 10.8% increase which is the same increase as last time (10.8%). Mortality rates continue to rise but more slowly. The world mortality rate is 6.96%, up slightly from 6.92%. Italy's mortality rate is 13.46%, up slightly from 13.40%, Belgium's is 15.26%, up from 14.95%, Spain's is 10.24%, down slightly from last time (10.42%), France's is 13.92%, up from 13.16%, UK's is 13.60%, up slightly from 13.43% and Germany's is 3.73%, up from 3.45%.
                    - 215 countries/territories/etc. have confirmed cases w suspected cases in 1 other (North Korea), same as last time. There are only 14 countries, 11 of which are island republics, that have neither reported nor have suspected cases: Lesotho, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Comoros, Kiribati, Marshall Is., Micronesia, Nauru, Palau, Samoa, Solomon Is., Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu. The vast majority of countries have at least 1 death, w Vietnam having the most cases w no reported deaths, 270.

Rates of increase continue to decrease slightly but still no significant change in the slopes of the increase rates.
                    Last edited by rhd; 04-25-2020, 11:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      He has decided to double down on the irresponsible advice, moving from dangerous malaria drugs
                      Why do you think Hydroxychloroquine is so dangerous? Its a very old, very well studied drug with rare side effects. The main cause for concern is that it can cause loss of vision in rare cases.

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Not the "game changer" Trump had hoped. I guess waiting for the doctors to give it a blessing is better than a desperate guy trying to look like a hero to get re-elected:

"Citing a “primary outcome” of death, researchers cut short a study testing anti-malaria drug chloroquine as a potential treatment for Covid-19 after some patients developed irregular heart beats and nearly two dozen died after taking doses daily
                      In the VA test, only the patients closest to death were given chloroquine which made the results pretty much worthless. I wonder if this test was done similarly.
                      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• CBB edifying us all on medical research, thank you.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                          Why do you think Hydroxychloroquine is so dangerous? Its a very old, very well studied drug with rare side effects. The main cause for concern is that it can cause loss of vision in rare cases.
                          what your source for this info? my quick google showed that it's related to serious (potentially fatal) heart issues as well as well as liver and kidney issues.
                          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                            what your source for this info? my quick google showed that it's related to serious (potentially fatal) heart issues as well as well as liver and kidney issues.
                            Hydroxychloroquine can be prescribed to adults
                            and children of all ages. It can also be safely taken by
                            pregnant women and nursing mothers.

Comment

CBB edifying us all on medical research, thank you.
                              None of us are going to find the cure for this. But we can ask questions. I think his was valid.

Hydroxychloroquine is a relatively well tolerated
                              medicine. The most common adverse reactions
                              reported are stomach pain, nausea, vomiting,
                              and headache. These side effects can often be
                              lessened by taking hydroxychloroquine with
                              food. Hydroxychloroquine may also cause
                              itching in some people.
                              All medicines may have some side effects.
                              Minor side effects such as nausea, occasional
                              vomiting, or diarrhea usually do not require
                              stopping the antimalarial drug. If you cannot
                              tolerate your antimalarial drug, see your
                              health care provider; other antimalarial drugs
                              are available.

On the political side I understand your disdain for all things trump. But CBB is not trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                                Hydroxychloroquine can be prescribed to adults
                                and children of all ages. It can also be safely taken by
                                pregnant women and nursing mothers.

https://www.cdc.gov/malaria/resource...hloroquine.pdf
                                FDA put out a caution on 4/24:
                                FDA cautions against use of hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine for COVID-19 outside of the hospital setting or a clinical trial due to risk of heart rhythm problems

Comment

Working...
                                X