Police Officers Are Mostly Parasites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
    The key witness from the Amber Guyger trial was just murdered. He had no criminal background, his only sin was being witness to a police murder.

Botham Jean Neighbor Killed

Police in this case had previously protected the scumbag murderous cop, Guyger. On the night of the murder, the head of the Dallas Police Association told an officer to shut off dash cameras so he could question Guyger privately.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2019/09/24/police treated amber guyger special on night of shooting prosecutor argues

Guyger's case shows exactly how ALL officers are trained to protect other officers, to interfere with evidence if it protects an officer that just murdered someone... oh, and after she's found guilty and given a bullshit 10 year slap on the wrist, out on the streets in 4 years... after all of that bullshit, the cops go and murder the only witness.

What percentage of the officers in this case are "parasites"? 100%? How do you watch as your fellow officers hug and console a murderer and tamper with evidence? How is this all okay? Is the head of the Dallas Police Union going to face any repercussions whatsoever for telling an arriving officer to shut off their camera? NO. They will not face ANY repurcussions. That's why the entire system is a sick joke filled with parasites.
    Part of me finds this frighteningly possible, but the bigger part of me can't bring myself to believe that such a level of corruption and idiocy could exist in one place. This will be scrutinized, so if this was payback, I think it will come out. It is possible it is just a perverse coincidence. But it is possible it is not. If it is not, I hope everyone involved gets put in gen pop.

Comment

Gregg brought up why cops don't get more positive press. I see articles that are positive all the time. So it is a mix of the best and the worst that you are likely to see. Here is a good one: https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/...P4L?li=BBnbcA0

Other good ones I remember seeing lately include cops stopping a young black man walking on the highway and find out he walks 8 miles to work each day, so they bought him a sweet bike. Lots of feel good cop stories and bad cop stories. As I said, it is a profession that gets a lot of attention, and one where things go very, very wrong, when power is abused.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        Gregg brought up why cops don't get more positive press. I see articles that are positive all the time. So it is a mix of the best and the worst that you are likely to see. Here is a good one: https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/...P4L?li=BBnbcA0

Other good ones I remember seeing lately include cops stopping a young black man walking on the highway and find out he walks 8 miles to work each day, so they bought him a sweet bike. Lots of feel good cop stories and bad cop stories. As I said, it is a profession that gets a lot of attention, and one where things go very, very wrong, when power is abused.
        But if the ones turning off the cameras are bad apples, and they're also protecting murdererous cops (more bad apples), from the same system that conspired to protect wealthy child molesters (rich bad apples) without a clue as to what happened, it seems there are many, many bad apples at the highest levels of power. I'm a landscaper, and if you have an apple tree, and one of the branches gets a disease, you need to cut that limb off. You don't allow it to spread. Otherwise, the entire tree becomes diseased. Because police, in every jurisdiction, across North America, treat accountability as "an attack", they are unable to live up to their role of protecting and serving the community in deference to protecting and serving themselves.

In my community, where several dead Indigenous kids drowned in the river over a decade, police were found to have prematurely called the deaths accidental before doing any basic investigation. Teenagers threw a trailer hitch out a window at an Indigenous woman which ended up killing her. As the systemic racism has been revealed, the city put together a documentary of the Indigenous experience, and threats and abuse that Indigenous people suffer through in the city. It was produced with the intention of all public service workers watching the video, so they can have a better understanding of what their Indigenous community members (30% of pop.) lived experience is like. How did the local police respond to the documentary? They screamed at the presenter, called her every name in the book (a middle aged Indigenous woman who's sister was murdered, by the way), and they literally screamed and had a tantrum until she left. No documentary screened. So tell me, how can I trust 1 single member of my local police force? When the powers that be allow it to happen, it reflects on every officer.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

TW, I am with you when you say that many police see calls for accountability as attacks. In a perfect world the good apples, and I think there are many more of them than the bad ones, or you'd see even more and worse things daily (close to 900k LEOs in the US), the good apples would call out the bad ones much more than they do. One of the biggest problems in law enforcement, as we have both said, is the protect the shield mentality. Despite greater accountability and monitoring, we will never fully be able to root out corruption without breaking this mentality.

And I agree that anyone who turns a blind eye to such corruption is also corrupt. One can partially blame the system for that, as it takes courage to stand up against a system and culture, because the consequences are often severe. If a cop stands up and calls out his own, he is labeled a rat, just like someone in the mafia. And he'd probably be drummed out of service, just like Kapernick was for turning over the apple cart in the NFL. It takes courage to do that, although, comparing Kap to a cop, Kap had millions already made to fall back on, whereas many cops have families to think of/take care of.

Comment

I should add to this discussion that I grew up fearing LEOs. I think part of it is growing up poorer and in poorer neighborhoods, but yeah, calling the police just wasn't done in the places I grew up. My interactions with police have been a mixed bag--some great, some meh, some not good--and to this day, while I respect police and the work they do, part of me has that fear in me anytime I interact with an officer I do not know. I guess some of that is natural any time you are talking to someone with a loaded gun on them. Once I know an officer is okay/normal, I am at ease. But before then, it is scary, because, as has been discussed, if they are jerks or worse, what can you do? When body cams got implemented, it was a great relief to me, but then you have all of these cases where they get turned off or obstructed without consequences, so that fear of a corrupt cop is still there.

I should add that I have the same level of caution with other professions--I generally approach mechanics with the concern in the back of my mind that they may rip me off. I always feel relief and gratitude when they do not and seem professional and fair. But, of course, the worst a shady mechanic can do is mess up my car or overcharge me. The worse a shady officer can do is ruin my life. That is why body cams are such a great thing--they give peace of mind to the public and hold everyone accountable. I'm sure good cops feel the same way about them, as they protect them from spurious claims against them, which I am sure happens a lot too.
            Last edited by Sour Masher; 10-06-2019, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Getting specific, here are two positive experiences I had with LEOs and two negative ones.

Positive 1: When I was about 10, my friend, who was half black, and me were walking a bit away from my friend's little brother, who had fallen behind to pick branches and swing them against a fence. A LEO rolled up his brother and then came up to us. We are scared, as was his brother. We thought his brother was in trouble for beating the fence. The officer asked us what we were doing and we said nothing, and then he asked if we were picking on the little kid behind us, because he seemed really scared. I told him that kid was my friend's brother and he seemed to think I was lying, because his brother, half-brother, was whiter than me. But he accepted our answer and just told us to be nice. We all felt relief and I had the sense the cop was just checking in to make sure nothing bad was happening.

Positive 2: When my first son was born, he was a premie, so we had to leave him in the hospital for a couple of weeks. My first day back and work, I was reading a text from my wife about how he was doing while driving on campus. A campus police officer pulled me over and asked me if I was texting and driving. I admitted I was reading a text about my son and he saw the hospital bracelet on my wrist and let me off with a warning. He wished my son well. I wouldn't have been mad if he gave me a ticket, but he was nice not to and nice about my situation.

Negative 1: The day my uncle was arrested for murder, I was asleep on the couch at my grandparents' place, where my uncle lived. The arresting officer who came in to explain things was cold and seemed to take pleasure in letting my grandparents' know that my uncle was a murdering scumbag that would go away for life. He seemed to want to punish them for raising a murderer, it seemed to me. They collapsed in tears and he smirked derisively. I guess maybe his attitude can come with that job, but the people he was talking to had just lost their son. They didn't commit the crime, but they were being treated like they were part of the cause of it.

Negative 2: Another one with my uncle. My grandmother was worried because she hadn't heard from my uncle in weeks. She was being given the run around and begged me to find out what happened to him. I was 18, and didn't want to call, but I did, and finally got a hold of someone in charge, and the attitude was the same that I found many times when dealing with officers about my uncle. The officer kept telling me my uncle was no saint, and I shouldn't worry about him. I kept trying to tell him my beef wasn't with whether he was in solitary or in trouble for acting up. My issue was in the run around my grandmother kept getting. It took me a long time to find out he was in lock up for 6 weeks, but okay. That is all my grandmother wanted to know--where he was, how long he'd be there, and if he was okay. The officer never got my perspective. He'd say my uncle was a bad guy in prison for murder, and I'd say, yep, he sure is on both counts, but I still want to know what I want to know, and also, can you please be kind/polite when talking to my grandmother? I don't think this officer was a bad guy, but he seemed to be poisoned by dealing with so many bad men (and maybe with some families that complained about lots of stuff?), and let that poison seep out when dealing with their families as if their families deserved some of that as well, for supporting or birthing such monsters. My grandmother was just a loving mother. Maybe she did worry too much about my uncle, and gave him more than she should. And I am sure whatever punishments he got in prison, he deserved. He isn't some railroaded saint. He is a bad man who has done many bad things. I never had an issue with how he was treated, but I never got the disdain my grandmother sometimes got, just because she was a caring mother who happened to raise a bad guy.
              Last edited by Sour Masher; 10-06-2019, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Apparently, Joshua Brown (Guyger witness) was also shot near a strip club in Dallas in November 2018. Brown and his family believed he was targeted in that shooting by someone he knew and had grown up with.
                Another man was killed in the shooting. After Brown was shot last year, he was concerned that the shooter might try to come back and finish the job. The gunman in the 2018 shooting hasn't been found.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

More quality police work:
                  “I wanted to meet him because he really gave me a second chance,” Hassan Atkins said. “He’s not just an officer to me. He’s a lifelong friend.”

Comment

TW, have you ever had a positive interaction with a LEO, or even heard of such a thing? Do you ignore the touchy feely feel good stories, or just don't believe them, or think the cops are just doing it for good PR? Really trying to understand your worldview. I don't get people who live in a world of black and white. You seem to default to the idea that a LEO is always in the wrong and bad, which, to me, is as perplexing to those folks with the "blue lives matter" stickers and those who seem to make an excuse for a LEO even in the most egregious cases of abuse of power. It is dangerous to be so entrenched, because it can blind us to the truths in the middle. Many cops--too many cops--are poorly trained, or just not cut out for the job. But many cops are good eggs too, doing a vital job, when it is done right.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      TW, have you ever had a positive interaction with a LEO, or even heard of such a thing? Do you ignore the touchy feely feel good stories, or just don't believe them, or think the cops are just doing it for good PR? Really trying to understand your worldview. I don't get people who live in a world of black and white. You seem to default to the idea that a LEO is always in the wrong and bad, which, to me, is as perplexing to those folks with the "blue lives matter" stickers and those who seem to make an excuse for a LEO even in the most egregious cases of abuse of power. It is dangerous to be so entrenched, because it can blind us to the truths in the middle. Many cops--too many cops--are poorly trained, or just not cut out for the job. But many cops are good eggs too, doing a vital job, when it is done right.
                      I've had brief friendly interactions with police. I think the stories about officers saving people, such as the one nots posted, are ridiculous. If forest firefighters saved a small town in California, but then raped every woman in the town, would you focus on what a great job they did with the fires?

My town, Thunder Bay, Ontario, is the armpit of the country. I despise local culture, and most of the local people. I'm only here to be close to my daughter. Let me give some context as briefly as I can.

For 20 years or so, Indigenous teenagers from remote reservations have been flown into town to attend high school at an all Indigenous high school. Over the years, 9 of those students have been found dead in the same river. Despite the curious nature of a decade of suspicious river deaths, police have completely mishandled all of these cases. Investigations were extremely shoddy, and years later, an external review found that this was a result of widespread systemic racism. Many cases have been ordered to be re-opened because of the terrible job local police did. Everything is documented publicly.

hate-and-hope-in-thunder-bay-a-city-grapples-with-racism

I've already described the attitude police take regarding their racism. The city produced a documentary about the awful conditions Indigenous people live in every day (I watched this documentary, very well produced), and they intended to show it to all public workers. When it came to the police, they threw a tantrum, screaming at the presenter of the video until she left. The woman they screamed at was a sister of one of the victims.

Within the article I posted, you'll see local foot patrol groups that were set up to monitor the rivers, and the undesirable places to prevent these river deaths, pick up needles, and feed poor folks along the way. How did police respond to the community foot patrol? They stalked, harassed, and intimidated. All of the city councillors called it divisive. The group was ended by city and police pressure. A new group of white people replaced the old patrol. New group posted recently "um, it's getting cold and we have to disband"... So great job TBay police, you threatened and abused a sister of a victim, you threatened and abused the foot patrol set up to do the job the police wouldn't do, and now we're back to square one. All this, while Canadaland produced a podcast series being turned into a TV series about the various abuses and corruption of local police and politicians (usually the chief of police moves on to mayor). Stories of police picking up Indigenous kids and dropping them off outside of town to walk home with no shoes... picking up drunk Indigenous people and putting them on greyhound buses out of town... a woman was killed by teens throwing a tire hitch at her from a moving car, and you heard more smearing of her character than you did genuine sympathy, and all of police and politicians would echo "I wish TBay wasn't getting such a bad reputation", as if that takeaway isn't completely revolting. The entire town is a racist shithole.

Tell me, when I know every single officer opposes Indigenous people's right to a life of dignity, how in the fuck am I supposed to trust 1 single local officer?
                      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

The article I posted is really long. This one is shorter and more to the point about the findings of the police inquiry.

Racism Exists At All Levels Of Thunder Bay Police Service, Review Finds

Police investigations into the deaths of nine Indigenous people in Thunder Bay, Ont., were so problematic that they should be reinvestigated, an independent review released Wednesday recommends.

The recommendation by Ontario's police watchdog is one of 44 in a report that concludes the city's police service is rife with racism and racist attitudes.

"The failure to conduct adequate investigations and the premature conclusions drawn in these cases is, at least in part, attributable to racist attitudes and racial stereotyping," the report finds. "Officers repeatedly relied on generalized notions about how Indigenous people likely came to their deaths and acted, or refrained from acting, based on those biases."

Comment

8 hrs ago

DENTON, Texas (AP) — Authorities say a North Texas police officer is in critical but stable condition after being shot during a traffic stop, and two suspects who fled were later taken into custody and hospitalized with gunshot wounds.

Denton police say the officer pulled the suspects' vehicle over for an equipment violation around midnight Monday in Denton, located about 40 miles (64 kilometers) northwest of Dallas. Police say backup officers at the scene returned fire after the officer was shot. The suspects' vehicle was later spotted by police in the nearby city of Carrollton, and they were taken into custody after a short pursuit.

Police said at a news conference early Tuesday that the officer was undergoing surgery. Police said the suspects were being treated for gunshot injuries at a hospital.

Comment

Here's the story of Jemel Roberson, as told by Lee Merritt. I was considering posting about the black guy on death row who police evidence shows is innocent, but law enforcement is trying to kill him anyway... have any of you seen coverage of that?

"Monday Nov 11, 2019 at 12PM we are gathering at the Chicago Bean to remember a hero. Jemel Roberson risked his life to save dozens of people a year ago at Robbins, IL nightclub. A gunman entered the club during its prime hours and began indiscriminately firing at patrons. Three people were shot as others scrambled to escape the gunman through the club’s narrow exits. Jemel sprang into action, disarming the shooter and holding him at gun point until police arrived. When officers made the scene, they immediately began coordinating with Jemel’s security team to restore order. But Officer Ian Covey disregarded these efforts, brandished his assault rifle and began looking for a victim. He came up behind Jemel who still had the suspect subdued, waiting for relief from law enforcement. Covey shouted a command and within seconds fired his high power rifle into Jemel’s back killing him. Covey never experienced a threat. He disregarded instructions from fellow officers that police were working with security. He failed to give Jemel sufficient time to even respond to his commands. He committed murder. Covey remains a police officer today. He has not been charged with a crime. A year later the case has not been presented to Grand Jury. Gather together with Jemel’s family and community leaders as we push for justice. #itsonus"

Its lack of accountability from police that leads to people hating and distrusting them. The hate and distrust are earned. I guess nobody has anything to say about the Thunder Bay police force mishandling Indigenous murder cases, or insulting the relatives of murder victims, or driving Indigenous folks to the woods to walk back to town in December... nothing to say about any of it. Y'all had a million points of debate up until I gave details cited in national newspapers... now your plan is to share stories of police saving kittens from trees, or what? Gimme a break.

Fuck the police.

Comment

So police framed Rodney Reed for murder, (literally a racist police officer murdered his fiance for sleeping with a black person), and they all protected the murderous piece of shit, through Reed's imprisonment for 20 years. Now less than 2 weeks until Reed receives the death penalty, Texas is still trying to kill this guy.

Edit to add, the police officer who committed the murder was later found to be systematically raping women in the community. This is what happens when police find the bad apple, see that apple commit murder, then protect and nurture that fucker. The whole bunch is rotten. 20 years, and they knew it was a setup... its unfathomable.
                              Last edited by Teenwolf; 11-10-2019, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Let me share my personal experiences with officers.

First, when I was 8 or 9 years old, I found a stolen microwave and other goods from the nearby mall. Police collected all of the stuff, then finger-printed me to get me in the system. Oh, goodie...

When I was 12, I was in Minneapolis with my 10 year old sister, my dad and his friend Dennis, both about 35-40 at the time. We were there to see the Mall of America and Valley Fair theme park. Walking back to our hotel after dinner, we passed a used car parts shop. Lots of classic car stuff, and my dad and Dennis stopped to look in the window. So we're 2 adults with 2 kids 10-12 years old looking in a window. Of course, that's justification for police to show up with a gun drawn asking us what the hell we're doing. After our explanation was somehow insufficient, officer is pissed off and calls for backup. She put me in handcuffs and into the back of a squad car for 20 minutes or whatever, while the others cops came and calmed things down. My sister was extremely upset at the escalation, watching her 12 year old brother cuffed and put in a cop car for having looked in a store window at 8 or 9 pm. Cops would tell my dad and his friend that the officer in question was consistently abusing her authority and wasting time with the kind of crap we were put through... and yet somehow, I'm sure the dumb asshole enjoys a healthy pension today. That was my first trip to your country.

I've already told the story from my mid-20's. Cop wrenched cuffs on me, did nerve damage (my right hand tingles as I type this), and threatened and intimidated and called me his bitch and whatnot.

One of the more egregious encounters had to be my wife getting arrested/harassed for smoking pot in a public park that was hosting a Caribbean festival. She was handcuffed, interrogated, and made to feel like trash. She paid goddamn taxes on the pot she was smoking, in fucking BC where everybody smokes openly... you know what the officer said to her? "Gee, you didn't think we would hit the Caribbean festival?" He admits that it's all a game. Officers fight over who gets to patrol the crowd of 20K smokers on 4/20, because they love the contact high. Yet they have the nerve to harass folks like my wife? Police are pathetic.

Oh, I've also had many bikes stolen and a few house robberies with zero police response or care. Find your bike, kid, are you kidding? The annual police bike auction is our biggest fundraiser! They honestly treated any and all of my thefts like they were a joke. They're useless.

Comment

Working...
                                X