[QUOTE=nots;332934]
    Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    Go back to trolling OneJay
    I can multi task, but thanks

Leave a comment:

• The Feral Slasher
    replied
    Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
    I am a Libertarian - but Im also a pragmatist. The government isnt actually giving them a penny - they are only entering into an agreement to not tax X dollars. The people served by that government get more jobs, more capital, more opportunity.

Governments have been bidding for jobs now for decades - Look at the NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL. The owners of these teams get funding from cities to build stadiums. How and why do the cities do it? For the jobs and taxable revenues that they create - being able to be called an NFL city also attracts people to your area. Good business decisions are good business decisions - regardless of your political affiliation.

Of course - the Dr Evil will keep his 3billion dollars, keep a pinky to the corner of his mouth while petting a bald cat --- and all of those people that now have jobs will bitch about it because he has 3billion dollars and they may be only making 50k a year. Hmmm 50k a year vs. 0 a year - one is definitely better than the other for the guy making 50k (and the other 10's of thousands making about the same or more).
    so apparently these jobs would just disappear if NY didn't give them $3 billion They don't really have a business case to create these jobs if the government doesn't give them a bunch of money ? I really love your version of capitalism.

Leave a comment:

• The Feral Slasher
    replied
    [QUOTE=The Feral Slasher;332932]
    Originally posted by nots View Post
    Don’t bother—you’re already great in your role as the wiseman up on your perch atop Mt. Self Importance.[/QUO

guess you and apparently BG cant reconcile your libertarian beliefs with support of corporate welfare so you resort to namecalling. Nice
    honestly there is nothing more ridiculous than arguing with libertarians who want the government to pay a corporation $3 billion.

Leave a comment:

• baldgriff
    replied
    Dude, if you want to be a libertarian, fine, but you should actually be one. Huge corporations playing cities against each other to receive benefits not available to other smaller corporations is pretty much the exact opposite of what Libertarians profess. The end result of what you are supporting is the government giving huge amounts of money to Amazon. Textbook libertarianism, lol

Can't you see how Amazon has the market power to extort money by offering jobs to wherever they decide to locate ? Sure it might make sense for an particular location, but why should our government be bidding for jobs ? Again, the exact opposite of what a libertarian would believe in.
    I am a Libertarian - but Im also a pragmatist. The government isnt actually giving them a penny - they are only entering into an agreement to not tax X dollars. The people served by that government get more jobs, more capital, more opportunity.

Governments have been bidding for jobs now for decades - Look at the NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL. The owners of these teams get funding from cities to build stadiums. How and why do the cities do it? For the jobs and taxable revenues that they create - being able to be called an NFL city also attracts people to your area. Good business decisions are good business decisions - regardless of your political affiliation.

Of course - the Dr Evil will keep his 3billion dollars, keep a pinky to the corner of his mouth while petting a bald cat --- and all of those people that now have jobs will bitch about it because he has 3billion dollars and they may be only making 50k a year. Hmmm 50k a year vs. 0 a year - one is definitely better than the other for the guy making 50k (and the other 10's of thousands making about the same or more).

Leave a comment:

• nots
    replied
    [QUOTE=The Feral Slasher;332932]
    Don’t bother—you’re already great in your role as the wiseman up on your perch atop Mt. Self Importance.[/QUO

guess you and apparently BG cant reconcile your libertarian beliefs with support of corporate welfare so you resort to namecalling. Nice
    Go back to trolling OneJay

Leave a comment:

• nots
    replied
    Also didn't realize that BG and you just have a slight belief in free markets. I thought you guys were libertarians.

I have described myself in here as a quasi-Libertarian dozens of times. I am sure you don’t believe all the talking points of whatever side you are too scared to share on here.

Leave a comment:

• The Feral Slasher
    replied
    [QUOTE=nots;332930]Don’t bother—you’re already great in your role as the wiseman up on your perch atop Mt. Self Importance.[/QUO

Leave a comment:

• nots
    replied
    Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Just because one criticized Trump for reducing the corporate tax rate, which has benefited no one but the wealthy, doesn't mean they support corporate loopholes. It sounds ridiculously obvious because it is.

Sigh... I didn’t say you supported corporate loopholes. I did say you (and the rest of the liberal mob) bitched about Trump reducing the corporate tax rate, which has very little to do with how much tax a corporation pays. You often ascribe to me a position I don’t hold and then attempt to score points by arguing against that position.

Leave a comment:

• nots
    replied
    I know lots of people look to The Feral Slasher to cure the problems of the world. Glad you joined them, I'll try not to disappoint. I love it when BG gets called out on his bullshit and we turn the conversation to me providing a solution. I'll get back to you when I have one
    Don’t bother—you’re already great in your role as the wiseman up on your perch atop Mt. Self Importance.

Leave a comment:

• DMT
    replied
    I can show you lots of leftists (probably you if I had the gumption to go back thru these threads) bitching about Trump dropping the corporate tax rate, which as shown by Amazon means next to nothing.
    Just because one criticized Trump for reducing the corporate tax rate, which has benefited no one but the wealthy, doesn't mean they support corporate loopholes. It sounds ridiculously obvious because it is.

Leave a comment:

• The Feral Slasher
    replied
    Pity that statement doesn’t come with a possible solution—only criticism for those who (slightly) believe in free markets over government.
    Like I said: cowardly.
    Also didn't realize that BG and you just have a slight belief in free markets. I thought you guys were libertarians.

Leave a comment:

• The Feral Slasher
    replied
    Pity that statement doesn’t come with a possible solution—only criticism for those who (slightly) believe in free markets over government.
    I know lots of people look to The Feral Slasher to cure the problems of the world. Glad you joined them, I'll try not to disappoint. I love it when BG gets called out on his bullshit and we turn the conversation to me providing a solution. I'll get back to you when I have one

Leave a comment:

• nots
    replied
    I think I pretty clearly stated that i am against the government buying jobs from Amazon, which apparently you and your libertarian pal are in agreement with. Strange libertarianism.

Leave a comment:

• The Feral Slasher
    replied
    Well, I can only surmise since you are too cowardly to state what you believe, only criticizing what others believe. As you said, well done.
    I think I pretty clearly stated that i am against the government buying jobs from Amazon, which apparently you and your libertarian pal are in agreement with. Strange libertarianism.

Leave a comment:

• nots
    replied
    Way to pull something out of your ass and deflect from the conversation. Well done
    Well, I can only surmise since you are too cowardly to state what you believe, only criticizing what others believe. As you said, well done.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X