replied
    Originally posted by nots View Post
    I wonder where you stand.
    I'm standing in the hallway right now.

Leave a comment:

• nots
    replied
    Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    interesting. I wonder where the libertarians, quasi-libertarians, and pragmatic libertarians (and others) stand on this ?

Sen. Elizabeth Warren released an aggressive plan on Friday to break up tech giants like Amazon, Google and Facebook, targeting the power of Silicon Valley with her populist message as sprawling Internet giants face mounting political backlash ahead of the 2020 presidential election.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren released an aggressive plan on Friday to break up tech giants like Amazon, Google and Facebook, targeting the power of Silicon Valley with her populist message as sprawling Internet giants face mounting political backlash ahead of the 2020 presidential election.
    I wonder where you stand.

Leave a comment:

• The Feral Slasher
    replied
    interesting topic

Last edited by The Feral Slasher; 03-08-2019, 02:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• onejayhawk
    replied
    Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    I think it would be hard for anyone to deny this fact.

It is interesting how much attention, positive and negative she gets. I'm usually not aware of local politics beyond my own area, but everything she does makes national news. She is under a microscope.
    Yet there are droves of people doing exactly that.

J

Leave a comment:

• Sour Masher
    replied
    Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post

I think I saw a couple of progressives here acknowledge this as a significant unforced error; I respect their candor.
    I think it would be hard for anyone to deny this fact.

It is interesting how much attention, positive and negative she gets. I'm usually not aware of local politics beyond my own area, but everything she does makes national news. She is under a microscope.

Leave a comment:

• Judge Jude
    replied
    Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Mindblowing that a freshman Representative isn't perfect? Hmm, yet Trump makes similar blunders almost every day and it's business as usual.
    whataboutism aside, the site of this planned project is adjacent to AOC's own district. the rise or fall of the Amazon project would have a massive impact on her own constituents - for better, for worse, or for both. jobs, traffic, and so forth.

the parameters of this mega-billion dollar deal were out there for months, yet neither she nor apparently her staff appears to have paid attention to them - judging from her clueless comment. "isn't perfect" seems like defensive squared - or cubed.

I think I saw a couple of progressives here acknowledge this as a significant unforced error; I respect their candor.

Leave a comment:

• nots
    replied
    Yep, POTUS is roughly equivalent to a 29-year-old rookie Representative who's been in office less than two months. Lather it up boys!
    Yep, another DMT navel gazing false equivalency. Please show us who made that comparison. Oh right, you did. Well done.
    Though to be fair, if I was trying to argue on behalf of AOC, I would try and deflect with Trump too.

Leave a comment:

• baldgriff
    replied
    Probably because none of us are as obsessed about her as you and Fox News.
    I like her smile and have stated in the past that she has a great personality. I heard she can dance, though I have not taken any time to actually see her do it.

As I just looked up her Wiki page it states she majored in ECONOMICS - so it is hard to understand why she would spout off bullshit that NYC should be using the $3billion that they were going to give to Amazon for fixes to the trains and teacher pay. One would think that someone with a degree in Econ - would understand the simple difference between a Tax Credit and Cash. One is tangible - the other is not.

If Im obsessed with AOC because I mentioned this one thing, I have to assume that many of you here have posters of Trump hanging on your walls and ceilings. Funny how MSNBC and other Dem's are calling her out on her BS. It also seems that the Dems are so NOT in love with her that they may try and primary her out of office or just redraw the voting districts to eliminate her seat.

http://https://theintercept.com/2019...tricting-2020/

Gerrymandering within the party to get rid of her - Now that is a good one!

Leave a comment:

• DMT
    replied
    Originally posted by nots View Post
    Yeah, if only someone one in here would occasionally post something negative about Trump.
    Yep, POTUS is roughly equivalent to a 29-year-old rookie Representative who's been in office less than two months. Lather it up boys!

Leave a comment:

• nots
    replied
    Mindblowing that a freshman Representative isn't perfect? Hmm, yet Trump makes similar blunders almost every day and it's business as usual.
    Yeah, if only someone one in here would occasionally post something negative about Trump.

Leave a comment:

• DMT
    replied
    Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
    Have I ever stated that he shouldnt be taken to task for it?? There are already plenty here taking care of that role - and yet none of you seemed willing to step up and state that AOC should be held responsible for not understanding the difference between a basic tax credit and actual cash.
    Probably because none of us are as obsessed about her as you and Fox News.

Leave a comment:

• baldgriff
    replied
    Have I ever stated that he shouldnt be taken to task for it?? There are already plenty here taking care of that role - and yet none of you seemed willing to step up and state that AOC should be held responsible for not understanding the difference between a basic tax credit and actual cash.

Leave a comment:

• DMT
    replied
    Hey - I admitted I forgot to place that in the original text - sorry that your didnt know about her comments. I understand that you can only respond to what is there and from now on I will try to make sure that I place all necessary information in my original posts along with annotated references.

The actual fact that she had no understanding of how the deal was actually constructed or the NYC actually had $3Billion dollars just laying around to be allocated is truly mind blowing.

Leave a comment:

• baldgriff
    replied
    Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    Regardless of weather I was aware of her complete comments (I wasn't), I can only respond to what you type in your message. Maybe you guys who are so fascinated by AOC should just start a thread about her, then when people go in there they understand what the discussion is actually about.
    Hey - I admitted I forgot to place that in the original text - sorry that your didnt know about her comments. I understand that you can only respond to what is there and from now on I will try to make sure that I place all necessary information in my original posts along with annotated references.

The actual fact that she had no understanding of how the deal was actually constructed or the NYC actually had $3Billion dollars just laying around to be allocated is truly mind blowing.

Leave a comment:

• The Feral Slasher
    replied
    Sorry - I figured most of the left leaning folks here would have already known about AOC's mis-speak. My apologies for not including the portion in there about how NYC should spend the offered Tax Credits now to fix the train system and teachers pay.

!
    Regardless of weather I was aware of her complete comments (I wasn't), I can only respond to what you type in your message. Maybe you guys who are so fascinated by AOC should just start a thread about her, then when people go in there they understand what the discussion is actually about.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X