Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
    I suspect that they will not do anything so that the country can "heal" and" "unify" despite the fact that neither of those things will happen and Trump will just lob twitter bombs for the rest of his life.
    Exactly, how can Biden work with Republicans if he imprisons their leader.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    ---------------------------------------------
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      Exactly, how can Biden work with Republicans if he imprisons their leader.
      Trump is apparently giving a speech tonight where he will present the REAL numbers. So, Biden won't have to work with Republicans since Trump is still going to win this election. You just wait!

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
        Trump is apparently giving a speech tonight where he will present the REAL numbers. So, Biden won't have to work with Republicans since Trump is still going to win this election. You just wait!
        Where is that episode of Ow My Balls, when you need it?
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• As per request, some positive thoughts on the Biden administration....

Progressives extracted a key concession in the speakership vote negotiations. They got exemptions from PAYGO for Green New Deal, M4A, and other large expenditures. Its a long way off from passing these things, but its something. Hopefully it doesn't get taken out before they pass the bill. Its the first domino that needs to fall.

Here's the tweet thread from Ryan Grim on the issue.

Originally posted by Ryan Grim
          Progressives in the House have won a rules change that would allow Medicare for All, a Green New Deal or other big ticket agenda items to be exempted from paygo. This was a necessary step in opening the way for it.

Paygo is short for “pay as you go,” which Democrats proposed in the 80s to get clever with Reagan, whose tax cuts and defense spending drove up the deficit. Since then it has been used to hamstring progressive policy. Last time Pelosi won this fight.

The value of changing the rules, even though they don’t yet have the votes for M4A, is that it is easier to defend the rules as they are than fight for changes. Also it applies to things this term that can actually pass, like more checks, Medicaid and Medicare expansion etc.

Also it’s too early to call it a victory. It has to get approved on the House floor, but getting it into the package is big.
          Polls in Georgia look good for both Dems to win, so Biden wouldn't have any excuses for austerity. People need to understand that its Biden who is failing, and pressure him directly, so I really hope they remove his excuses and give him both of these Georgia seats. Maybe if people saw that Biden had the power to do M4A or student debt cancelation or Green New Deal and was unwilling, they would do something substantive like a national strike. Remember how quickly the airline strike kicked the government's ass into action? Thats my longshot hope in all of this.
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
            Polls in Georgia look good for both Dems to win
            I hope you're right, but they polled about 5 million likely Georgia voters just a couple months ago, and the Republicans came out narrowly ahead in those polls. Why should I believe some samples of several hundred voters that say something slightly different?
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
              I hope you're right, but they polled about 5 million likely Georgia voters just a couple months ago, and the Republicans came out narrowly ahead in those polls. Why should I believe some samples of several hundred voters that say something slightly different?
              I personally believe in a 3 pt Republican swing to any poll, as I think polling methodology is outdated and unable to capture the far right in any sampling.

I was just saying that the Dems are up in polls for both races, not endorsing their veracity. I agree with your pessimism... but there's a shot Trump's maniacal interference negatively affects R turnout... I'm not counting on this coming to fruition either, but all my fingers and toes are crossed.
              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                “Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more.”
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Both Warnock and Ossoff projected with narrow leads at this point by NY Times needle and Dave Wasserman (Cook).
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Warnock is starting to look likely to win, running ahead of Ossoff, who also has a slight (projected) lead.

Comment

• I took my time off but I have been talking to Steve and texting with my friends so I figured I'd swing by. It is over, get Mitch McConnell directions to the minority leaders office.

Wasserman already called Warnock about an hour ago and Ossoff is also basically a lock at this point with what is out there. There will be no crazy liberal agenda or rollback of the filibuster or expanding the supreme court but Biden will get to govern and his judges will get confirmed and D's will run committees and decide what gets out of committee.

Have a drink my liberal friends this is a good night.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                        I took my time off but I have been talking to Steve and texting with my friends so I figured I'd swing by. It is over, get Mitch McConnell directions to the minority leaders office.

Wasserman already called Warnock about an hour ago and Ossoff is also basically a lock at this point with what is out there. There will be no crazy liberal agenda or rollback of the filibuster or expanding the supreme court but Biden will get to govern and his judges will get confirmed and D's will run committees and decide what gets out of committee.

Have a drink my liberal friends this is a good night.
                        I didn't want to let myself believe it with Ossoff looking so close, but I will now with your confidence. Huge sigh of relief, but, of course, it will get ugly and I'm sure litigation and recounts and cries of fraud are coming.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                          I didn't want to let myself believe it with Ossoff looking so close, but I will now with your confidence. Huge sigh of relief, but, of course, it will get ugly and I'm sure litigation and recounts and cries of fraud are coming.
                          I believe in Wasserman analyzing the county by county data and the betting markets too.

Comment

• It looks like heavier black turnout is going to be enough to push both Dems to victory.

Comment

It looks like heavier black turnout is going to be enough to push both Dems to victory.
                              Not to mention grabbing the dead vote too. Rock solid voting bloc there.

#conspiracytheory

Comment

It looks like heavier black turnout is going to be enough to push both Dems to victory.
                                Any wonder why Republicans suppressed the black vote in all of the Southern states?

Comment

Working...
                                X