No announcement yet.

Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feral, with what I posted in post #7284, hold that in mind. When people join military, they are explicitly stating upfront they are willing to risk their lives for a cause greater than themselves. Again, keep in mind there are people who absolutely think trump is being robbed. How can one say there just does not exist people willing to back trump, when we see it is in fact the case there are a good number. Its just inconsistent to admit that military are willing to put their lives at risk when they joined, to also admit there exist people loyal to trump down to their bones, not just a number of law enforcement, + militia types, + military, but now, in their time to rise to support their leader, who is being robbed, they would go quietly.

And I am not saying the conflict will be in form of cowboys and injuns and coming over the ridge with pea shooters. The conflict will be in resisting transfer of power, in forms of access to levers of power. It will be in form of ignoring orders from who they think are bad actors, and continuing their loyal oath to their president. This has to be clear that people will stand up for what they believe is right, and there are millions who exist in an alternate reality who are totally bought into trump.

Comment

• His lawsuits are being laughed out of court. If people were going to start committing violence in his name on a mass scale, it would have already started happening. Most people are ready to move on with their lives. You're extrapolating the extremes as being much larger in number than they actually are IMO.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• In no way am I defending or normalizing any of it, btw. I've stated numerous times that Trump is a sociopath and he'd love nothing more than to see people dying and killing in his name, but it's not going to happen.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
          In no way am I defending or normalizing any of it, btw. I've stated numerous times that Trump is a sociopath and he'd love nothing more than to see people dying and killing in his name, but it's not going to happen.
          Exactly...to pull off a coup he would need support, real support, from high level government/intelligence/military figures. He doesn't have it. No one of importance is going to risk their life/livelihood for Donald Trump. The proud boys or some far right militia are powerless. This nightmare scenario just is not going to happen
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
            feral, with what I posted in post #7284, hold that in mind. When people join military, they are explicitly stating upfront they are willing to risk their lives for a cause greater than themselves. Again, keep in mind there are people who absolutely think trump is being robbed. How can one say there just does not exist people willing to back trump, when we see it is in fact the case there are a good number. Its just inconsistent to admit that military are willing to put their lives at risk when they joined, to also admit there exist people loyal to trump down to their bones, not just a number of law enforcement, + militia types, + military, but now, in their time to rise to support their leader, who is being robbed, they would go quietly.

And I am not saying the conflict will be in form of cowboys and injuns and coming over the ridge with pea shooters. The conflict will be in resisting transfer of power, in forms of access to levers of power. It will be in form of ignoring orders from who they think are bad actors, and continuing their loyal oath to their president. This has to be clear that people will stand up for what they believe is right, and there are millions who exist in an alternate reality who are totally bought into trump.
            The people who joined the military likely never considered supporting a coup. And without high level military willing to risk their lives (they won't) and a large majority of soldiers angry enough to risk their lives, as well as their families (not happening either) an attempted coup or insurrection will not happen. This is the last thing anyone should worry about

Edit: long story short, there are a lot of Donald Trump supporters, but not many willing to give up their lives for him
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Republicans are acting like the girl who, after you break up with her, throws all your shit out the window, keys your car, sticks nails in your tires, lies about you on Facebook, and then on top of all that, stalks you.
              I think Carrie Underwood wrote a song about that
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                I think Carrie Underwood wrote a song about that
                Or Alannis Morrisette

Comment

• The thought process of these republicans seems to have changed four years later.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                    The thought process of these republicans seems to have changed four years later.

Shocking!

Comment

• What's crazy is President-Elect Biden has not received ANY presidential briefings because Dopey is throwing yet another temper tantrum and clinging to this alternate reality where he really won. What's really, really crazy is that the Senate seems to be behind him, this despite republican Sen. Lankford saying yesterday that a 2002 Senate commission had found that our preparedness for 9/11 was severely hampered by the small window of preparation Pres. Bush had during the 2000 transition, when confirmation of the new president took 36 days longer than expected.

So the Senate is intentionally putting our country at risk again because they are coddling our wonderful outgoing baby President and promoting his fairy tale.

If the Dems don't use these points in their line of attack in the Georgia runoffs, they're insane.

Comment

• Which episodes of Romper Room or Sesame Street covered losing graciously?

Why? No reason, really, just wondering.
                        “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                          Which episodes of Romper Room or Sesame Street covered losing graciously?

Why? No reason, really, just wondering.
                          Not the one I was on. For serious, I was on a 1985 episode of Romper Room. It was about food groups and nutrition and whatnot. Even got a close-up where I told Miss Molly that I like lettuce but I don't like the salad my mommy makes.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                            not the one i was on. For serious, i was on a 1985 episode of romper room. It was about food groups and nutrition and whatnot. Even got a close-up where i told miss molly that i like lettuce but i don't like the salad my mommy makes.
                            lol!!
                            “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                              Not the one I was on. For serious, I was on a 1985 episode of Romper Room. It was about food groups and nutrition and whatnot. Even got a close-up where I told Miss Molly that I like lettuce but I don't like the salad my mommy makes.
                              this should have its own thread - RJers on TV
                              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Many major news outlets have called Georgia for Biden today, giving him a final 306-232 EC tally, the same as Trump had in 2016. Oh, the irony!

Comment

Working...
                                X