No announcement yet.

Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any thoughts on Warren? Why hasn't she endorsed someone? Sore loser? Opportunist? She certainly hasn't shown anything since quitting the race that tells me otherwise.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      Any thoughts on Warren? Why hasn't she endorsed someone? Sore loser? Opportunist? She certainly hasn't shown anything since quitting the race that tells me otherwise.
      Or she's clear that Biden has already essentially won and believes it's not in the best interest of defeating Trump in November to come out against the overwhelmingly likely Democratic nominee today.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
        Or she's clear that Biden has already essentially won and believes it's not in the best interest of defeating Trump in November to come out against the overwhelmingly likely Democratic nominee today.
        So she's playing the game instead of voicing her conscience? She either believes Sanders is better than Biden or vice versa. Waiting to endorse means she's couching her position to most benefit herself. If she truly believes Biden is the leader--endorse him.

Just another reason to prefer Sanders, the guy can be counted on to stand for what he says he stands for.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

So she's playing the game instead of voicing her conscience? She either believes Sanders is better than Biden or vice versa. Waiting to endorse means she's couching her position to most benefit herself. If she truly believes Biden is the leader--endorse him.

Just another reason to prefer Sanders, the guy can be counted on to stand for what he says he stands for.
          Nah, I disagree with that take. If she believes that Biden will soon be the presumptive nominee, it isn't selfish to think that she should withhold stating a preference for Sanders, because doing so could harm Biden in the General Election. It's too late and her support was never strong enough for her to be able to swing the nomination to Sanders with a Sanders endorsement, and yet she doesn't want to injure Sanders by endorsing Biden while Sanders is still fighting the good fight. Sanders graciously said that we should give Warren the time she needed to decide whether to drop out, and she's in a way returning the favor by letting Bernie do the math and decide on his own terms when to concede, rather than publicly weighing in on that by backing Biden.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
            Nah, I disagree with that take. If she believes that Biden will soon be the presumptive nominee, it isn't selfish to think that she should withhold stating a preference for Sanders, because doing so could harm Biden in the General Election. It's too late and her support was never strong enough for her to be able to swing the nomination to Sanders with a Sanders endorsement, and yet she doesn't want to injure Sanders by endorsing Biden while Sanders is still fighting the good fight. Sanders graciously said that we should give Warren the time she needed to decide whether to drop out, and she's in a way returning the favor by letting Bernie do the math and decide on his own terms when to concede, rather than publicly weighing in on that by backing Biden.
            I disagree, her immediate endorsement could have coalesced her factions support around Sanders, if that's her true preference. Everyone else who dropped out gave their endorsements, she's made it about her and her hurt feelings--she even said as much on Maddow.

Bernie has made it clear what he will do, he's going to the Convention unless or until Biden gets a plurality. he's said this all along.

Ever since the bullshit about Bernie being anti women that blew up in her face, she's had issue with him.

I know she's your favorite, she was my 2nd favorite but this primary has revealed to me at least, some parts of her character I'm not too fond of.

Give her the benefit of the doubt if you want--I'm not going to and your argument really hasn't compelled me to change my mind.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I disagree, her immediate endorsement could have coalesced her factions support around Sanders, if that's her true preference. Everyone else who dropped out gave their endorsements, she's made it about her and her hurt feelings--she even said as much on Maddow.

Bernie has made it clear what he will do, he's going to the Convention unless or until Biden gets a plurality. he's said this all along.

Ever since the bullshit about Bernie being anti women that blew up in her face, she's had issue with him.

I know she's your favorite, she was my 2nd favorite but this primary has revealed to me at least, some parts of her character I'm not too fond of.

Give her the benefit of the doubt if you want--I'm not going to and your argument really hasn't compelled me to change my mind.
              Absolutely. Warren supporters who cling to delusions that Warren is a "progressive" are fooling themselves. Those who claim she has better strategy than Sanders to get stuff done... what the hell has her grudge with Sanders accomplished??? It's lunacy.

All because his supporters were mean on twitter! She stands for NOTHING.

Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Biden cannot handle criticism, he cannot make a point, only yell and make personal insults. Almost like his brain can't form sensible thoughts anymore, so he reverts to personal attacks.

Originally posted by CBS News
                Detroit — Joe Biden had a heated exchange with a construction worker who accused him of trying to take Americans' guns away during a campaign stop in Michigan, one of six states holding primaries on Tuesday.

The former vice president was touring an assembly plant under construction for Fiat Chrysler, shaking hands with and praising the electrical workers union members who are building the plant. As Biden was working the room, one man confronted him about his stance on gun ownership.

"You are actively trying to end our Second Amendment right and take away our guns," the worker told Biden.

Biden replied: "You're full of shit."

"I support the Second Amendment. The Second Amendment — just like right now, if you yelled 'fire,' that's not free speech," Biden continued. "And from the very beginning — I have a shotgun, I have a 20-gauge, a 12-gauge. My sons hunt. Guess what? You're not allowed to own any weapon. I'm not taking your gun away at all."

The man repeated his accusation that Biden was "trying to take our guns," and Biden pushed back. "I did not say that. I did not say that."

After the worker told him that he had made the remark in "a viral video," the former vice president replied that "it's a viral video like the other ones they're putting out that are simply a lie."

"This is not OK, alright?" the man said, to which Biden replied, "Don't tell me that, pal, or I'm going to go out and slap you in the face."

"You're working for me, man!" the worker said.

"I'm not working for you," Biden said. "Don't be such a horse's ass."
                biden-accused-of-wanting-to-end-2nd-amendment-responds-youre-full-of-shit/

Look at the minimal pushback that leads Biden to explode and threaten physical violence. Look at the insanity of disagreeing with a voter that the President works for the people.

He also claimed yesterday that he would veto M4A if it passed through Congress. He basically spits on young people at every opportunity. The #resistance folks will vote for any blue no matter who, even Sanders... they don't matter. It's about turnout. Biden can't turn out a bingo hall, or speak at a rally for more than 7 minutes. He's toast.
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JGTBgLX2cQ hopefully you can view link. Context, Biden was encircled, tightly, by like 8 to 10 hardhat guys, with one right in his face, literally less than 6 inches away face to face. I am pretty impressed at how well Biden handled it. You think trump would have handled it better? Please. I am equally impressed at how consistent you, the canadian who doesnt seem to ever view the event but posts text interpretation, so actively, consistently, try to diminish the dem nominee. In other words, you work like a maniac, nonstop, tirelessly as if no other care in the world, for trump.

Again, you support dem nominee or you work to keep the fascist in power

Comment

• Yep, if Biden had meekly ignored him, he'd be a loser for being unwilling to confront blatant lies. I look forward to seven more months of every Biden slip up, no matter how irrelevant, is more evidence that Trump will cruise to re-election and is our fault for not being Bernie-or-busters.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JGTBgLX2cQ hopefully you can view link. Context, Biden was encircled, tightly, by like 8 to 10 hardhat guys, with one right in his face, literally less than 6 inches away face to face. I am pretty impressed at how well Biden handled it. You think trump would have handled it better? Please. I am equally impressed at how consistent you, the canadian who doesnt seem to ever view the event but posts text interpretation, so actively, consistently, try to diminish the dem nominee. In other words, you work like a maniac, nonstop, tirelessly as if no other care in the world, for trump.

Again, you support dem nominee or you work to keep the fascist in power
                      We don't know who that will be yet so the proper question is/should be--how would Bernie have handles it.

This is starting to sound like Hillary 2.0

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• And shitting all over Warren since day one was a golden strategy by the far left. Such toxicity from the left is sad to behold.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Comment

We don't know who that will be yet so the proper question is/should be--how would Bernie have handles it.

This is starting to sound like Hillary 2.0
                          Only to the true believers.
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                            Only to the true believers.
                            Believers in the Truth.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                              And shitting all over Warren since day one was a golden strategy by the far left. Such toxicity from the left is sad to behold.
                              Only TW was against Warren from day one, but you're right having the people in charge of the Party steer the primary so the person they want gets nominated is a MUCH better strategy.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Only TW was against Warren from day one, but you're right having the people in charge of the Party steer the primary so the person they want gets nominated is a MUCH better strategy.
                                So the voters are just sheep then? If so, who cares about them anyways?
                                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                                X