Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Warren meeting with aides to "re-assess her campaign."
    Prediction, "progressive" Warren endorses Biden for a cherry picked seat in his administration.

She may be "just a player in the game", but in the game of backstabbing and dirty politics, she is actually pretty effective. I kind of wanted to see Tulsi eviscerate her on the debate stage, but now it may be her job to take on Biden directly.

Imagine if Tulsi goes into a 3 person debate, as an assassin to knee cap Biden in the ways Warren knee capped Sanders? I can still dream a little dream.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Another possibility, now that Warren successfully seriously blunted Sanders' likelihood of winning, maybe she endorses Sanders to re-position herself as a progressive?

Should be interesting.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
        Under 30, regardless of background, is by far the least likely to turnout in the general election. Sanders crushed with the under 30 vote all over the place. That they didn't increase their turnout relative to other demographics means that simply surged equally proportionally, right?

2016 primary voters thought Trump would get steamrolled by whoever the nominee was. There wasn't a hair-on-fire urgency there is today among mainstream Democratic voters.

On the question of abolishing private health care in favor of Medicare for All, did you see those numbers? I heard it had majority support in every state but one where it was still supported, but 49-45 or something... I really dont think voters are scared of Sanders unless the media and party leaders tell them to be. So when even Liz Warren knifes you in the back, it's a tough narrative to overcome.

The fact the media refused to show Obama saying the exact same comments as Sanders regarding Fidel Castro is a disgusting lie, and it turns out successful weaponization of a manufactured lie. The power of the corrupt media is sickening.
        If all of the older demos increased and voted for Biden but Bernie didn't drive any increase in the area he won by the most isn't that a problem for the general? If we aren't going to actually get more young voters out we aren't making up any ground from 2016?

Yes there wasn't a hair on fire attitude and I was one of the people who voted for Sanders in 16 to move the party left, but yesterday a motivated electorate voted for Biden in a large majority of states across the key demographics that make up the Democratic base.

And yes the Democrat majority does support medicare for all somewhere between 50 and 60 percent, but back to the exit polls from the post, Biden won 26% of the people who support Medicare for all Sanders only won 11% of those who oppose it. Throw logic out because people just don't vote with ideology the way many of us here do. The party supported single-payer with Obama too but we couldn't get it done so I am not surprised that the majority support it, but Sanders isn't getting all the votes of those who support it.

As for the media, I personally think their influence continues to decline as people watch and read less, but they have some targeted influence on their viewers and readers I am sure.

Comment

• Thankfully TW you won't have to compromise and actually cast a vote for Biden like the rest of us North American Scum.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
            Thankfully TW you won't have to compromise and actually cast a vote for Biden like the rest of us North American Scum.
            You're the only relentless scumbag around these parts.

Your personal attacks are pathetic. I asked very clearly in PM, but you haven't responded. Stop going after me you fucking piece of shit.

You have nothing intelligent to say so resort to personal attacks. It's so sad what a waste you've become.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Bloomberg out and endorses Biden.
              Time for Bernie to reasses as well.

Comment

• bloomberg spent 500 mil+ and managed to win just american somoa, with 175 votes. 3 mill per vote seems excessive, lol, but amusing.

Comment

it's insane to think Biden has the black vote locked up, ready to support him in droves in ways they didn't support Clinton, because Obama.
                  And yet all signs are pointing in that direction, because whatever happened before 2008, Biden had Obama's back for eight years, and that's being rewarded.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                    Time for Bernie to reasses as well.
                    They're going to be tied in delegates, and Biden is physically falling apart, and only 40% of delegates have been allocated. You're just trolling.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                      And yet all signs are pointing in that direction, because whatever happened before 2008, Biden had Obama's back for eight years, and that's being rewarded.
                      But all of that support was last minute, do not break glass in case of emergency, type of support...

Biden himself could become the emergency, and support could swing widely again. We'll see how he does through the upcoming debate. He's been awful in every one so far to varying degrees. I'm certainly not denying Sanders has a major hole to climb out of, but he's got a puncher's chance at a significant narrative shift before it's over.

Comment

They're going to be tied in delegates, and Biden is physically falling apart, and only 40% of delegates have been allocated. You're just trolling.
                        Sanders should definitely stay in. Warren (and Gabbard) should definitely drop out. Let the remaining primary voters determine the winner. Avoid alienating either candidate or their supporters along the way to the greatest extent possible. And I think Bloomberg should only run anti-Trump ads until there is a clear presumptive nominee. I don't want to see Bloomberg-funded ads for Biden or against Sanders while the primaries are still happening.

Comment

But all of that support was last minute, do not break glass in case of emergency, type of support...

Biden himself could become the emergency, and support could swing widely again. We'll see how he does through the upcoming debate. He's been awful in every one so far to varying degrees. I'm certainly not denying Sanders has a major hole to climb out of, but he's got a puncher's chance at a significant narrative shift before it's over.
                          Nah, it wasn't last minute. The Black vote started with him, which ultimately squeezed out Harris and Booker, and only wavered during a phase where his campaign's viability was in doubt. Then Clyburn essentially said, I got this, helped the campaign get its strategy and operations back on track, and told the Black voters in South Carolina and by proxy the country that we've got this. He's who we wanted, rather than worrying about his viability, let's carry him. He was there for Barack and Michelle, we're going to be there for him. And that turned it. I don't view Biden's Black support as soft any more than I would have viewed Obama's as soft in 2008 just because Black support for Obama in early polling didn't coalesce until South Carolina. They were waiting for a confirmation of viability.

Comment

He has no way to win this thing now....only the potential to damage Biden and possible increase disunity. Next few states do not line up for him at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                              He has no way to win this thing now....only the potential to damage Biden and possible increase disunity. Next few states do not line up for him at all.
                              I agree the states don’t line up well and I still am in the camp that the math won’t work, but he should stay in and see what Michigan does. It’s a key state in 2020 and worth seeing what the voters do.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                                Sanders should definitely stay in. Warren (and Gabbard) should definitely drop out. Let the remaining primary voters determine the winner. Avoid alienating either candidate or their supporters along the way to the greatest extent possible. And I think Bloomberg should only run anti-Trump ads until there is a clear presumptive nominee. I don't want to see Bloomberg-funded ads for Biden or against Sanders while the primaries are still happening.
                                I agree. Sanders will have to show he can bring in a lot of new support or he won't make it, and perhaps that is what would happen in the general as well. Whoever is the candidate, hopefully they win in November.
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X