Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nots View Post
    He has no options at this point only the hope that Biden blows himself up. 538 had a great article today on just how stark his chances are.
    yeah, at this point only something unexpected and unusual can save him. Probably doesn't matter what he does.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      yeah, at this point only something unexpected and unusual can save him. Probably doesn't matter what he does.
      I was gonna make a dark humor joke about how his chances ride of Biden getting the coronavirus, but then it immediately became unfunny to me, because I realize it should be a legit concern. Biden, Sanders, and Trump are right in the demographic of concern for this thing--none are over 80 yet, but the over 80 death rate is nearly 15% (although the ones that do die likely have other health issues that have weakened their immune system, so I don't think the risk would be that high for these candidates). But this brings me back to my paranoia about their health. I don't think I'm being crazy to think it could happen. Biden especially is very touchy-feelie. He shakes tons of hands. I hope/assume that behavior will be curtailed now.

Comment

• saw another interesting stat

70% of voters over 45 support Biden
        45% of voter under 45 support Sanders

I just don't see a path for Bernie at this point.
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

saw another interesting stat

70% of voters over 45 support Biden
          45% of voter under 45 support Sanders

I just don't see a path for Bernie at this point.
          Do you have a fiscal breakdown?
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• FiveThirtyEight's polls and forecast for the 2020 Democratic presidential primary election.

7/8 Biden wins more than half the pledged delegates

19/20 he wins a plurality of the delegates

And Nate's article explaining it...

After a huge night on Super Tuesday — and with all his major opponents except Sen. Bernie Sanders having dropped out — former Vice President Joe Biden is a stro…

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
              Do you have a fiscal breakdown?
              Most peoople make more over 45 than under, so I assume on that alone, the over 45 group makes more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                Most peoople make more over 45 than under, so I assume on that alone, the over 45 group makes more.
                The poll was for age not income.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Bernie will have an incredible challenge getting his message portrayed in a positive way to older voters if they get most of their news from Cable TV or legacy media. I don't see how he can turn them.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I know, but GWITH asked about income, I assume, because he is saying poorer folks support Bernie and richer folks do not. I was making an assumption about it based solely on age.

Comment

Bernie will have an incredible challenge getting his message portrayed in a positive way to older voters if they get most of their news from Cable TV or legacy media. I don't see how he can turn them.
                      That is a good point. People under 45 are much more likely to get news from online. Older folks mostly read the paper and watch tv.

Comment

That is a good point. People under 45 are much more likely to get news from online. Older folks mostly read the paper and watch tv.
                        reading DMT's post last night, thinking about how older voters favor Biden, the poll from Florida ….I hate to say it but Bernie is in trouble. I just don't see how his message can reach these people and change their minds. I just can't imagine what he can do to win.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Anyone catch Warren's interview with Maddow. She was super pissed at Bernie's online army, and their attacks on her and anyone that supported her over Bernie. Here is an article about it. Thoughts? https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/pol...ow-bernie-bros
                          Last edited by Sour Masher; 03-06-2020, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Anyone catch Warren's interview with Maddow. She was super pissed at Bernie's online army, and their attacks on her and anyone that eupporter her over Bernie.Here is an article about it. Thoughts? https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/pol...ow-bernie-bros
                            Strategically this matters. And it hurts Sanders quite a bit

Personally I don't let a bunch of assholes online change my belief that everyone should have healthcare or that we should have Democrats with better policies.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Strategically this matters. And it hurts Sanders quite a bit

Personally I don't let a bunch of assholes online change my belief that everyone should have healthcare or that we should have Democrats with better policies.
                              It seems obvious to me that if you represent people who feel the current system is not working for them that some of them will be angry. I dont think that is a valid reason to discount Sanders, but clearly the democratic party thinks it is since they use it to attack him. Maybe they should just appeal and represent people who have good manners
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Anyone catch Warren's interview with Maddow. She was super pissed at Bernie's online army, and their attacks on her and anyone that eupporter her over Bernie.Here is an article about it. Thoughts? https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/pol...ow-bernie-bros

You want to tell me... when you literally ran a campaign of "I'm with Bernie"... who has said nothing to smear you personally despite your constant shit-flinging in his direction... you mean to tell me that people shouldn't support him because... MEAN TWEETS?! That instead, they should support Joe Biden, who you previously stated that you entered politics specifically to oppose him?.... that people should support him instead, who holds none of your supposed policy positions today, because... mean tweets...

Puh-leaze.... phony lying fauxgressive, knifing Sanders from the perch of his coattails. I could tell from her weasel words that she was going to abandon M4A, and lying about basically everything. Pathetic. This is the type of plan she has to get progressive policies passed? No. Not buying it.

I encourage any of Warren's supporters to try and defend this horseshit.
                                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Working...
                                X