Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    How would a Biden/Obama vs Sanders/Warren battle royal sound?
    Which Obama? I've pondered whether Biden would inquire about Michelle Obama's interest in being his running mate.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
      Which Obama? I've pondered whether Biden would inquire about Michelle Obama's interest in being his running mate.
      I heard the same theory from my mom's Fox/Rush-living roommate.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Holy shite:

Code:
        Florida Democratic Presidential Primary	St. Pete Polls	Biden 61, Sanders 12, Bloomberg 14, Warren 5, Klobuchar 1, Buttigieg 1	[B]Biden +47[/B]
        And this counts 16 points going to Bloomberg/Klobuchar/Mayor Pete!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          Is there ever a really super awesome, perfect candidate? I guess I saw Obama like that--might be the only candidate I saw that way in my lifetime, and even he, in reality, was far from it. One man's perfection is another man's flaws.
          Then wouldn't it make sense for you to vote for the candidate that Obama endorses? Should be a no brainer.

Comment

Yep, Obama was that for me. I'm pretty sure I'll never love a candidate like I loved Obama.
            As I mentioned to Sour; shouldn't you just vote for the candidate that Obama endorses?

Comment

Can we get him again?!? Maybe Biden is a secret puppet candidate, and Obama will be controlling him from behind the current.
              you say that as if it's a joke.
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Yep, Obama was that for me. I'm pretty sure I'll never love a candidate like I loved Obama.
                How much did he live up to your expectations?
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• There's a clip from 2016 floating around of Joe Biden commenting on the Democratic primary between Sanders and Clinton. I was shocked at how eloquent, insightful, and well spoken Biden was. Truly unreal. He doesn't inject any of the common phrases he falls back to so often today. No "look man, here's the deal," , no stopping mid-sentence, none of the clear signs of senility we see today. I hear Biden demolished his opponents in the VP debates in '08 and '12. I almost couldn't bear to watch those after seeing how impressive Biden was in this clip. Perhaps I love Biden's eloquence more because he makes the case for Bernie's appeal to the working class, but it's something he's completely incapable of doing at this point. I dont think I'm biased. He sounds like a different man.

Today Biden claimed "I promise you cures for cancer, Alzheimer's, and diabetes!"

Whoa, Joe Biden is Jesus... who knew?! Who will even need Medicare For All when you can just get Joe Biden to CURE cancer, Alzheimer's, and diabetes.... in one term or two, Joe? You call Bernie's proposals unrealistic?

Trump will destroy him if he's Weekend-At-Biden's style dragged to the general election.
                  Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• TW, I've said all along you are right that Biden has lost a step from what he used to be just a few years ago. I'm not sure why others don't see it, but at this point, Biden looks destined to get the nomination, so I feel like I have to believe that even in less that tip top condition, he will beat Trump. The alternative is just a depressing acceptance of four more years of Trump, and I don't want to do that. Unless you think Bernie still can pull this out (and if so, why do you think that at this point?), this stuff just seems depressing and negative. We gotta go with the guy the voters picked and decided was up to the task, right?

Comment

• This one was also fascinating. From 2007, Joe Biden creepily rubbing the shoulders and nuzzling foreheads with a voter while making the case to her that universal health care for everyone is doable and affordable. What happened?

Man, if I'm in Bernie's campaign, I would be showing ads with these clips of Biden promoting your ideas... they would serve 2 purposes. 1) showing Biden advocated for M4A, so it can't be too crazy, and 2) look at Biden's mental decline. Boom.

Slim chance voters see his decline before it's too late and Trump is talking about how "Joe Biden should be in a home. It's sad. Go find a nice nursing home and get some rest... Sleepy Joe! Senile Joe!" It will fucking suck. But that looks likely at this point. I hear Trump has already started on his standup routine with those lines at 3 rallies. Terrifying.
                        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• One thing I have disagreed with you on TW is you're extreme hatred of Biden. I agree he is showing signs of decline. I agree his platform is not progressive enough. But I never agreed he was a scumbag as you often characterized him, and I'm not sure why you held him in lower esteem than other moderates for the last year or so. I know he has bad policy positions on his resume, but I always thought the attacks on him as some kind of horrible guy were over the top. He isn't ideal, I agree. But he isn't a bad guy and his policies represent positive movement from Trump's. It is a no brainer. I hope anyone who had the level of disdain you did for the guy can start to see that now that he is likely the nominee.

Comment

TW, I've said all along you are right that Biden has lost a step from what he used to be just a few years ago. I'm not sure why others don't see it, but at this point, Biden looks destined to get the nomination, so I feel like I have to believe that even in less that tip top condition, he will beat Trump. The alternative is just a depressing acceptance of four more years of Trump, and I don't want to do that. Unless you think Bernie still can pull this out (and if so, why do you think that at this point?), this stuff just seems depressing and negative. We gotta go with the guy the voters picked and decided was up to the task, right?
                            You've completely bought into the media narrative that Bernie is toast... they're tied in delegates! Maybe Bernie is slightly ahead once California is allocated... so mathematically, he's absolutely still in it. Saying that I shouldn't point out the iceberg straight ahead (Biden's mental decline) while there's still 60% of the delegates to be won, when its months to the convention, when Biden has hidden in debates or shat the bed in debates, and will now face 2 more 1-on-1 debates vs Bernie, the strongest throughout the debates, which have sometimes proven to cause massive vote swings, and when Biden is saying new insane shit every day that doesn't get reported... hell yes I'm going to point out the iceberg! Do not ignore Trump's play which seems crazy to you, but he's doing it already. His standup mocking Biden is no different than SNL or Jimmy Fallon, or anybody else. Because it's obvious. But just like 2016, the comics are all licking their chops, including the biggest joker of them all, Trump.

I know the math is tough, but Michigan and Washington could be wins or very competitive. Arizona... etc. Its not looking good, but neither is Biden... if they end up close to tied going into the convention and it's clear that Biden would not be physically well enough to function as President, despite his slim delegate lead, I would hope that the party would at least consider moving to Sanders on the 2nd ballot... but a more likely scenario is installing Stacey Abrahms in Biden's place (I assume that's his VP), and superdelegates swing to the VP at convention. I think a completely unknown factor as a last minute replacement for Biden might be the only play that could beat Trump aside from Sanders... obviously I would prefer the superdelegates swing the votes to nominate Sanders, but that's a fantasy. They already admitted they'd never nominate him if allowed to decide it. The VP switcheroo seems more likely.... consider this is how strongly I believe Biden is unwell that I've gone this many levels down the rabbit hole... either Biden is unwell or I'm unwell. I'm making the joke before someone else does.

Anyway, I'm not being disrespectful to point out the strategy Trump is already running, and will crush Biden with. I think its disrespectful of his campaign staff and family to hide him and pretend all is well. They're endangering the country. Just my take. Only 8 months to see it all play out.

Comment

One thing I have disagreed with you on TW is you're extreme hatred of Biden. I agree he is showing signs of decline. I agree his platform is not progressive enough. But I never agreed he was a scumbag as you often characterized him, and I'm not sure why you held him in lower esteem than other moderates for the last year or so. I know he has bad policy positions on his resume, but I always thought the attacks on him as some kind of horrible guy were over the top. He isn't ideal, I agree. But he isn't a bad guy and his policies represent positive movement from Trump's. It is a no brainer. I hope anyone who had the level of disdain you did for the guy can start to see that now that he is likely the nominee.
                              It won't matter. I love the Biden of 2016 from the clip. I could at least trust that guy (*the other Biden) to have a nuanced and intelligent understanding... man, it really shocked me because I never saw that Biden at the time. I tuned out for the Obama years, so I wasn't really aware of his prior way with words. I love the Biden that could beat the snot out of an opponent on the debate stage... it's seriously concerning that people are basing their support on a memory of who he used to be. He will be revealed as a shell of himself. Above all the policy differences are a much lower concern... my God, Amy Klobuchar has the same platform, sure! Klobuchar is fine by me over Biden (not that she's any more likely to beat Trump than Biden's corpse)... She promises nothing, but I trust her general ability to function at a high level administrative capacity that Biden simply cannot anymore... by the convention in June, the whispers about Biden's mental issues will reach a roar... he will likely have a delegate lead. The DNC will likely go with him anyway. But in the meantime, no reason not to try to avert disaster by coalescing around Bernie, or at least find alternative paths, even if they aren't Bernie! That's how much I believe Biden will get embarrassed. If Biden showed the level of mental rigor today that he did in 2016, I would support him. Until he passes 1991 delegates at the convention in June, I'll hope voters see it and avoid the disaster, slim as my hope may be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                                Trump will destroy him if he's Weekend-At-Biden's style dragged to the general election.
                                This is why I'm excited to watch Biden for the next 8 months, countless Weekend at Biden's memes. I think its very obvious that he's either had a stroke (or more than one) or he's suffering from early stage dementia. All that said, I wouldnt be at all surprised if Weekend at Biden's won in November and then I'll be so disappointed that I was excited about this.
                                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Working...
                                X