Gun violence epidemic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
    Hey 1J, nobody here takes you seriously. You are a joke, every single day you post. Possibly the only poster more reviled than I am...

Whatever floats your boat. I have zero interest in you, so stop humping my leg. Nobody was talking to you.
    I disagree totally. I think he is as valuable as anyone else on here. Not many people here are unabashedly conservative and Republican. Very few (if anyone) gets as scoffed at as he does, yet he continues to post without animosity to others. While I think a lot of his posts are too clever by half, I am glad he is in here because I don’t have any friends that come from his perspective.
    Tolerance of others is a two way street.

Comment

Originally posted by nots View Post
      I disagree totally. I think he is as valuable as anyone else on here. Not many people here are unabashedly conservative and Republican. Very few (if anyone) gets as scoffed at as he does, yet he continues to post without animosity to others. While I think a lot of his posts are too clever by half, I am glad he is in here because I don’t have any friends that come from his perspective.
      Agree to disagree. Plenty of folks here despise me and I accept that.

You might tolerate unapologetic folks who post conspiracy theory nonsense. I have less tolerance.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
        How does one reduce the illegal acquisition of guns? One way is with serial numbers on both guns and ammo, linked to accomplice-like liability for legal gun owners who, either deliberately or through negligence, allow an unauthorized person to get a hold of their firearm and ammo.
        Guns made after 1968 (I believe) are produced with a serial number. I believe that is how they actually can trace the identity of the owner to a firearm. I dont have any issue with guns having serial numbers located on them.

Are you suggesting we place a serial number on each individual bullet? Im not sure about the efficacy of that idea for multiple reasons the first being most bullets are damaged when they contact the object being shot at. Also, this would limit the individuals ability to load their own bullets. Similar to rolling your own cigarettes, there are many people that load their own bullets - possibly at a lower cost to buying them pre-made.

Also, Im not sure how successful it would be related to shotgun type shells that shoot BB's rather than a full slug.

Guns however are traceable to the owner via the serial number. Of course it is possible to have that number scratched off (which is illegal).
        It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
        Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

It would be nice if the Democratic party understood this.

Fopr the record, I am neither unabashedly conservative nor Republican. My views on immigration, drug laws, abortion, and guns do not sit well with either group.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
            It would be nice if the Democratic party understood this.

Fopr the record, I am neither unabashedly conservative nor Republican. My views on immigration, drug laws, abortion, and guns do not sit well with either group.

J
            I 'll bite what are your views on those four topics?

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
              I 'll bite what are your views on those four topics?
              I favor amnesty, legal weed and sharply reduced limits on other controlled substances, recognize choice, and don't care much about gun laws.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

I agree it is good to have conservative posters here, for sure. But I also think it would be nice to have some that didn't actively troll as much as I believe 1jay does (him telling TW he sounds like Trump is but the latest example of this, although I suppose trolling is a fair response when one is attacked as 1jay often is).

It would also be lovely to have some post more facts and data, as Chance does, rather than make bold claims as if they are axiomatic without the slightest bit of evidence, as 1jay often does (I think this is sometimes trolling as well). But beggars can't be choosers, I suppose. While I count just as many moderate conservatives as dems in these parts, very few unabashed Trump supporters are here. Without 1jay, we'd be down to just Chance. I do wish both would address more claims against Trump head on and with facts rather than cherry pick the ones they think work best for them, but that is a big ask, considering how many of us post against Trump. It is a heavy burden to bear, here, with so few Trump-loving allies.
                Last edited by Sour Masher; 11-23-2018, 10:39 PM.

Comment

But TW does express himself in a Trump-like manner.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

J
                    Given your admiration of Trump, do you say that as a compliment or insult?

Comment

Hey 1J, nobody here takes you seriously. You are a joke, every single day you post. Possibly the only poster more reviled than I am...

Whatever floats your boat. I have zero interest in you, so stop humping my leg. Nobody was talking to you.
                      Is this something to be proud of? Coming in second?

Do you think you are the second most reviled poster because of your views or the way you present them?

Comment

J
                        Listen. Yesterday, Bernie Brewer posted that I "sound like Trump." I responded by saying that I considered it pretty insulting. Within an hour, you post the same thing that I've just called insulting, in 2 different threads. You are a troll.

If I'm so much like Trump, why is my PM box filled with apologies to other posters for crossing a line? Seems to me, the only folks around here who post insulting garbage without ever, EVER... apologizing, are the holy trinity of unapologetic right wingers. 1J, Chance, and CBB. That's 100% Trump's style you're owning.

So kindly leave me alone. Your content is trash, and your methods are to troll. You bore me. We done here.
                        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          Is this something to be proud of? Coming in second?

Do you think you are the second most reviled poster because of your views or the way you present them?
                          Gregg, I'm done being tone policed by you. Sorry, I treat good posters well, and I treat others as they treat me.

Anybody wants to troll me, then need to reconsider doing so in the first place. You dont get rid of a bully by giving him your lunch money every day. I'm sick of 1J's bullshit. I deserve the right to voice my disgust. I have, so let's move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                            Given your admiration of Trump, do you say that as a compliment or insult?
                            No.

Gregg, I'm done being tone policed by you. Sorry, I treat good posters well, and I treat others as they treat me.

Anybody wants to troll me, then need to reconsider doing so in the first place. You dont get rid of a bully by giving him your lunch money every day. I'm sick of 1J's bullshit. I deserve the right to voice my disgust. I have, so let's move on.
                            When you voice your distrust you come across as Trump-like. If you continue to do so, we cannot move on.

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

No.

When you voice your distrust you come across as Trump-like. If you continue to do so, we cannot move on.

J
                              Well, you've done it again, insulting me yet again with the same baseless bullshit... so what can I say?

I think you're delusional, and have a childlike understanding of government, just like Trump.

You provide zero insight to anything, other than the mind of the most brainwashed Trump fans. So you can continue to troll, and be an Alex Jones-esque joke, posting Project Veritas nonsense... but dont expect any response from me going forward. You bore the shit out of me.

Comment

You do not treat good posters well. You treat those who agree with you well. You name call those who disagree with you. When it comes to bullying you need to look in the mirror.

You justify calling names because you believe you are right to do so. From that perspective you are like Trump who also believes he is right and that gives him the right to call names. Both of you would be wrong.

I do believe that the ones calling you names are doing so in retaliation and did not throw the first volley.

Comment

Working...
                                X