Giving Credit to Fox News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revo View Post
    You're right -- where can we kick Trump to?
    The White House?
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      Take it easy on him -- CBB is backed into a corner and has resorted to almost constant use of the Pee Wee Herman "I-know-you-are-but-what-am-I" defense.
      when you make a statement that so perfectly fits the opposite side, its fair game.
      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
        Oh and all his white male snowflake supporters.
        Off topic (and to be up front about this again, I don't support Trump in any way so I'm obviously not offended at all by this one), but what's the intended connotation behind the "snowflake" term here. I've seen it used a few different ways but mostly pointing at the left (mostly the younger generation) for being too easily offended.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
          Off topic (and to be up front about this again, I don't support Trump in any way so I'm obviously not offended at all by this one), but what's the intended connotation behind the "snowflake" term here. I've seen it used a few different ways but mostly pointing at the left (mostly the younger generation) for being too easily offended.
          I mostly direct the term snowflake at white male Trump defenders because they themselves love using the term to describe anyone who disagrees with them and mainly because it really pisses them off. I've mainly given up trying to engage cbb in rational dialogue.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Trump of course epitomizes the snowflake mentality. He would be nothing without the media yet labels them "enemy of the people" because he doesn't like what they're saying about him.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Comment

Along with white people in general who think they are the victims of racism in America.
              - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                There's a huge difference between objectivity and a 50/50 split in "positive" or "negative" stories about the administration in power. I certainly don't mean to suggest that CNN or MSNBC have been objective, but Fox clearly has not been either. I ultimately think true objectivity is a pipe dream and that accuracy is both a more achievable and more important measure of credibility. There are enough different sources out there across the political spectrum for a consumer of news to largely get around problems of baised news curation/emphasis and even the insertion of opinion/editorializing in the delivery of fact reporting. The key is accuracy. Can the facts being reported by a given news source be trusted?
                You brought in objectivity. The article speaks of lack of balance and Trump's ability to dominate the coverage regardless.

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                Wah poor wittle Trumpy can't stand the heat, he's the only true victim here. Oh and all his white male snowflake supporters.
                Maybe yes and maybe no. Do you have to resort to racist pejoratives to say it?

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                  You brought in objectivity. The article speaks of lack of balance and Trump's ability to dominate the coverage regardless.

Maybe yes and maybe no. Do you have to resort to racist pejoratives to say it?

J
                  Racist pejorative?

If you wanna use $5 words, try to make sense. "Snowflake" is referring to sensitivity. Saying his supporters are white and Male is just reality. Get a fucking clue. Racist pejorative.... wow.

Sour Masher and others can likely crush this nonsense better than I can, but I think your claim of racism is highly inappropriate, and I hope karma finds you and curbstomps your face.
                  Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                    I hope karma finds you and curbstomps your face.
                    Gross.

Comment

Gross.
                      How predictable that someone who constantly fucking cries about me "calling people racist" would be more offended by my response than 1J's actual claim of racist language. Truly predictably pathetic, even for you. You realize that Karma isnt a real person, but merely a mythical understanding of rebalancing all the worlds good and bad, right? Like... when someone acts like a scumbag I hope for karmic rebalancing.

You sensitive soul. Seems this place is getting to be too much for you.
                      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

CBB and others who seemed supportive of the WH banning Acosta, what do you think of the universal support from the media CNN got in this case? Personally, I think it was a good rallying of the troops for Freedom of the Press, regardless of your opinion on Acosta. Does anyone think it was telling that even Fox supported CNN in this case?

Does anyone have concerns with the WH padding the press core with bloggers who are supportive of the president? How will tough questions ever get asked and answered, if they can just call on their cheerleaders all of the time?

Comment

Racist pejorative?

If you wanna use $5 words, try to make sense. "Snowflake" is referring to sensitivity. Saying his supporters are white and Male is just reality. Get a fucking clue. Racist pejorative.... wow.

Sour Masher and others can likely crush this nonsense better than I can, but I think your claim of racism is highly inappropriate, and I hope karma finds you and curbstomps your face.
                          It's a pejoritive, it's racist and sexist, because white males are specified. They do not come much clearer.

BTW I purchased "pejorative" at the library sale. I got it with "erudition" and "stochastic" in a 3/$5 bundle.

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                          CBB and others who seemed supportive of the WH banning Acosta, what do you think of the universal support from the media CNN got in this case? Personally, I think it was a good rallying of the troops for Freedom of the Press, regardless of your opinion on Acosta. Does anyone think it was telling that even Fox supported CNN in this case?

Does anyone have concerns with the WH padding the press core with bloggers who are supportive of the president? How will tough questions ever get asked and answered, if they can just call on their cheerleaders all of the time?
                          I'm glad you blue tinted glasses are working well for you. It's still funny that anyone capable of typing the post would consider the WH press corps to be cheerleaders of Trump.

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                            It's a pejoritive, it's racist and sexist, because white males are specified. They do not come much clearer.

BTW I purchased "pejorative" at the library sale. I got it with "erudition" and "stochastic" in a 3/$5 bundle.

I'm glad you blue tinted glasses are working well for you. It's still funny that anyone capable of typing the post would consider the WH press corps to be cheerleaders of Trump.

J
                            Are you ever going to acknowledge that you flat out contradicted yourself only a few posts apart, saying you did not say something that was demonstrably obvious you said only a few posts above in the Democratic party 2017 and Beyond thread? How is anyone supposed to engage you if you just say something and then say you didn't say it, when what you said is still typed for all to see in a previous post? It's as crazy and Trump claiming he doesn't know Whitaker and didn't know his stance on Mueller.
                            Last edited by Sour Masher; 11-18-2018, 11:06 PM.

Comment

How predictable that someone who constantly fucking cries about me "calling people racist" would be more offended by my response than 1J's actual claim of racist language. Truly predictably pathetic, even for you. You realize that Karma isnt a real person, but merely a mythical understanding of rebalancing all the worlds good and bad, right? Like... when someone acts like a scumbag I hope for karmic rebalancing.

You sensitive soul. Seems this place is getting to be too much for you.
                              Gross.

Comment

Gross.
                                You have nothing to contribute of value here, only your personal grievances.
                                Last edited by Teenwolf; 11-19-2018, 02:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X