Economic, taxes, and tariffs discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Repeating this nonsense doesn't make it any more credible.
    I understand that we have a difference of opinion regarding this. I will continue to make jokes about it - and you can continue to call it nonsense.
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
      I have posted this before, but the 91% is totally misleading.
      Richest 1% paid about 42% effective tax rate when the rate was 91%.
      https://taxfoundation.org/taxes-rich-1950-not-high/
      What do the 1% pay now ?
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Folks complaining about their $20,000 property taxes and state income tax no longer being deductible make me laugh.....who exactly should be paying more if not those folks?

Comment

I have posted this before, but the 91% is totally misleading.
          Richest 1% paid about 42% effective tax rate when the rate was 91%.
          https://taxfoundation.org/taxes-rich-1950-not-high/
          So is even a 5.6% decline justifiable when income inequality is rising?
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
            I understand that we have a difference of opinion regarding this. I will continue to make jokes about it - and you can continue to call it nonsense.
            every day when i drive in to work i wonder, why do i live in a country that treats its billionaires so poorly ? What is wrong with us ?
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              What do the 1% pay now ?

Graph is included in the article. Looks like 36 or 37%.
              Not saying the richest folks shouldn’t pay some more. But citing the 91% without context is silly.

Comment

So is even a 5.6% decline justifiable when income inequality is rising?

I didn’t say it was..,I just refuted your snarky Eisenhower 91% comment. If you want to have a real discussion, let’s have at it. If you want to post Huff Post talking points without context, you’re just being a troll.

Comment

Not saying the richest folks shouldn’t pay some more. But citing the 91% without context is silly.
                  No what's silly is talking about our tax code being unfair to the rich given the unmistakable trend of increasing inequality.

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

No what's silly is talking about our tax code being unfair to the rich given the unmistakable trend of increasing inequality.

Again, I didn’t say anything about the tax code being unfair to the rich, though I do appreciate your attempt to quickly move the goalposts onyour 91% tax rate fallacy.

Comment

It's also silly to pretend that anyone would actually pay 70% or that proposing a 70% tax bracket is equivalent to communism, but you know that is how this is being spun (not by you,just in general)
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

It's also silly to pretend that anyone would actually pay 70% or that proposing a 70% tax bracket is equivalent to communism, but you know that is how this is being spun (not by you,just in general)
                        I strongly disagree with a 70% tax rate, but if you think you have the votes, have at it. I think the top bracket should be somewhere in the 40s.

Comment

Again, I didn’t say anything about the tax code being unfair to the rich, though I do appreciate your attempt to quickly move the goalposts onyour 91% tax rate fallacy.
                          I was responding (and referring) to BG but way to assume it's all about you.
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

I strongly disagree with a 70% tax rate, but if you think you have the votes, have at it. I think the top bracket should be somewhere in the 40s.
                            I never said I supported 70% tax bracket. I simply pointed out that both sides will be putting their own spin on it.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I was responding (and referring) to BG but way to assume it's all about you.
                              Well since you quoted me (with graph) in posts 379 and 383, yeah I am going to assume you were talking to me. Funny that.

Comment

I never said I supported 70% tax bracket. I simply pointed out that both sides will be putting their own spin on it.

No argument there

Comment

Working...
                                X