#___ingwhileblack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
    Look at how this police officer responds to an 11 year old girl with special needs, for the crime of taking too much milk.

So the cop in this video quit. No charges, no reprimands, nothing in his file to stop him from getting another job as an officer elsewhere. Zero accountability.

That POS really needs a beatdown.

ETA: Undoubtedly a civil suit will be forthcoming.
    Last edited by DMT; 10-24-2019, 12:28 PM.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Look at how this police officer responds to an 11 year old girl with special needs, for the crime of taking too much milk.

So the cop in this video quit. No charges, no reprimands, nothing in his file to stop him from getting another job as an officer elsewhere. Zero accountability.

Another example of how many officers are poorly trained to handle situations that don't fit neatly in the boxes the system identifies for them. This guy probably thought--I tell someone what to do, they don't do it, I make them to it. Really simple until you add to the equation this girl is 11 and has special needs, so may not fully appreciate your commands or understand the need to follow them. I assume this is not only an example of one person who lacks the compassion and understanding to know how to be decent, but also a lack of proper training, but I am not sure what sort of training he went through to deal with preteens and those with disabilities. To most of us, it may seem like common sense, but officers need to be trained in how to handle these populations, obviously. When those in charge see a video like this and their response is, "the officer did what he was trained to do, so he isn't in trouble" clearly new training is needed. We need to stop training officers to be hammers that see everyone as a potential nail.

Comment

• Swingset Susan has been charged with impersonating an officer. As a parent of young children, I get the impulse to rein in older kids from playing on a playground too rough, but the lesson of the day--don't pretend to be a cop during your profanity laced tirade toward minority kids on the playground. Also, try to avoid the obvious hypocrisy of pretending to keep things younger kid friendly when you are cursing up a storm at older kids. And also again, maybe not be the pretend police for kids that aren't yours when you were charged with assaulting your own family days early and have had multiple DWIs endangering children:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/wo...und/ar-AAJiSKP
        Last edited by Sour Masher; 10-24-2019, 06:56 PM.

Comment

• Why would the school feel the need to call in the cops for an 11 year old taking an extra pint of milk? Are we missing important details from this story? Not only do the police need better training, but so do the school employees.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
            Why would the school feel the need to call in the cops for an 11 year old taking an extra pint of milk? Are we missing important details from this story? Not only do the police need better training, but so do the school employees.
            I assume it escalated for the same reason. She took it, as kids do, was caught, was told to put it back, said no. Most kids will correct behavior when caught. Adults get mad and feel shown up when they refuse. So it escalated. The more you insist and the more she refuses, the more the adult raises the stakes and feels they must get compliance or lose respect.

ETA: Or not. Just saw Ken's post.
            Last edited by Sour Masher; 10-25-2019, 08:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
              Are we missing important details from this story?
              A New Mexico police officer resigned earlier this month after body camera footage showed him throwing an 11-year-old girl to the ground after she had an alleged altercation with the school principal — which was reportedly sparked when she took more milk from the cafeteria than she was supposed to.

A New Mexico police officer resigned earlier this month after body camera footage showed him throwing an 11-year-old girl to the ground following an altercation she had with the school principal, reportedly because she took more milk from the cafeteria than she was supposed to.

Farmington Police Officer Zachary Christensen said he became involved in the Aug. 27 situation at Mesa View Middle School after the sixth grader "assaulted" two school employees. Video of the incident shows the alleged assault involved the student brushing past the school principal as he holds a door shut.

"You can't push him out of the way," the officer says. "OK, I've had enough of this."

Comment

• If you look at the video, it doesn't look like she even brushed him. I don't think there was any contact at all--he tried to make the space small so she couldn't get by, but she carefully did get by without contact. The officer watching got mad, because she was being defiant. Authority doesn't like when it is not listened to. I have felt that as a parent, but then I calm down and take a different path. I'm glad I waited to have kids till I got older. I may not have had the patience to always do that in my younger days. You can't act in anger or you end up doing the wrong thing, like this cop did, and then it just gets worse and worse, because at the point he grabbed her, he committed to putting cuffs on her. I have never seen an officer try to subdue someone and then halfway through say, you know what, this is getting out of hand in relation to why I started this, I give up, lets reset. Once you start resisting, you are going to get put down. It doesn't matter if you are 11 and did nothing to warrant being cuffed in the first place.

There are situations when even an 11 year old girl would have to be subdued by force. This doesn't even come close to one of those, though. She never initiated any violence and was in no way aggressive to anyone.
                Last edited by Sour Masher; 10-25-2019, 08:45 AM.

Comment

• I found this video informative.

I meant to put this into the police officers are parasites thread, as I'm not sure the student is a minority.

The crazy part is seeing the police report that claimed 2 instances of assault from simply walking past authority figures. How common do you think that type of thing is, making up charges to take out personal vendettas? You guys think only 11 year old special needs kids are having bogus charges levied against them? The only reason he faced any accountability is that it was all caught on tape. This is someone who's been stationed in a school for 4 years, if you want to use the excuse that officers face stress from the fear of death and horror scenes they see daily... this guy was responding LITERALLY to spilt milk! The fact that some people within this thread were willing to believe an 11 year old kid was deserving of the beatdown based on the blatant lies of the police report should be a wakeup call. Police tell the version of the truth which justifies their actions. That's it.

Oh my God, the officer claiming the 11 year old girl was stronger than him... I can't believe this piece of shit loser.

Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Who in this thread defended this officer? Come on dude.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      Who in this thread defended this officer? Come on dude.
                      I was wondering that too

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        Who in this thread defended this officer? Come on dude.

Comment

• "Are we missing important details from this story?" asked by Madducks seems like it was buying into the police narrative. Ken posted the same bullshit narrative that the student assaulted two school employees from a Fox News source, and he didn't push back against the article.

Seems like 2 posters here wanted to defend the cops actions, as they pointed to the bullshit sources claiming assault against school employees. I bring it up to show the bias in police accounting of incidents as well as media parroting police lies. It happens all of the time.

Edit: I will say that the police narrative frequently disagrees with video evidence of events. If there is no video, the only thing we get is an article, and people playing devils advocate more often than not defer to the police lies of what happened. Madducks question of "there must be more to the story" seems the common response from folks who want to find a way to defend the police. Though I may have jumped the gun assuming that was the case here.
                          Last edited by Teenwolf; 10-27-2019, 03:37 PM.
                          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

"Are we missing important details from this story?" asked by Madducks seems like it was buying into the police narrative. Ken posted the same bullshit narrative that the student assaulted two school employees from a Fox News source, and he didn't push back against the article.

Seems like 2 posters here wanted to defend the cops actions, as they pointed to the bullshit sources claiming assault against school employees. I bring it up to show the bias in police accounting of incidents as well as media parroting police lies. It happens all of the time.

Edit: I will say that the police narrative frequently disagrees with video evidence of events. If there is no video, the only thing we get is an article, and people playing devils advocate more often than not defer to the police lies of what happened. Madducks question of "there must be more to the story" seems the common response from folks who want to find a way to defend the police. Though I may have jumped the gun assuming that was the case here.
                            The article Ken posted, including the text he quoted emphasize the alleged assault wasn't one. It puts "assault" in quotes, and describes what it really was--nothing worth triggers a wannabe tough guy throwing a kid around.

As far as Madducks, he ended his comment saying this seems like a case where school officials are also to blame for getting a cop involved, escalating this. The first part asking if we are missing something is just the reaction of a normal human being who can't fathom why a 11 year old girl taking an extra milk at lunch could possibly escalate to this assault by a grown ass adult on an 11 year old girl who is clearly not acting aggressively and just wanted to wait for her mom to pick her up outside. Incredulity in the face of such an action is the reaction most folks would have who are not completely pessimistic about the police.

As far as your ETA: I will agree with that, and it makes me glad we have the tech now to try to hold police accountable (when they don't turn it off), and it breaks my heart to think of all many got away with, potentially ruining the lives of their victims. I have to admit in my younger days, if I read an account of something like this, I'd assume there had to be a decent reason why a grown ass man would decide to try to take down an 11 year old girl. That doesn't come from being racist or sexist or being an apologist for the police. It comes from being an optimist that hopes that most cops, and most people for that matter, are not on a continuum of incompetent to evil. I've become a bit more pessimistic as I have aged and seen more evidence to refute my optimism. But I hope I never get to the point of assuming the worst, always, and even reveling in the worst being true, because it validate my worldview. In this case though, this guy....he wouldn't last 30 seconds on a beat with actual criminals. Instead, he took an easy gig and got bored so tried to act tough with an 11 year old girl. And he claims she is stronger than him?! That alone, even if he didn't do what he did, should disqualify him from being a cop.
                            Last edited by Sour Masher; 10-27-2019, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Wow, you just love to tear down other people don't you? That's absolutely ridiculous.

Madducks pointed out there must be more to the story which would lead to the school being partially culpable AS WELL. He was 100% correct, they involved the police because the 11 year old special needs kid brushed up against the principal and they called it "assault". They should not have ever needed to call the police.

I posted an article that was trashing that notion noting that at most they she brushed by the principal and they put assault in quotes because of how silly it is.

And somehow that makes me "defending the cops action"???? What the actual hell.

You are either incredibly stupid, or just incredibly hateful towards other people here who don't deserve it and you are so interested in tearing people down that you make up your own narrative in order to insult others. It's absolutely gross and you need to stop.

I work with special needs kids regularly and the second I saw this article it upset me immensely. I can't stand the actions of the police and I can't stand the actions of the school. It's reprehensible, and everyone involved should be re-thinking if they can handle the responsibilities they have been given in their respective positions. The cop should be prosecuted for assault.

But aside from that, the fact that you want turn it around on me for posting a link to the first google result about this incident - an article that pointed out the facts, which to any sane person suggest that the school should be embarrassed for even calling the cop - is disgusting. You owe Madducks an apology and you owe me one too. That's grotesque that you would post something like that. Absolutely grotesque.

Comment

• Teenwolf, you misunderstood my post. Or maybe i wasn't clear enough. I was not condoning the officer's actions, i was trying to figure out the reason for his actions and what i thought were the actions of the school administrators. I was merely trying to get the missing part of the story before passing judgement.

I initially thought that the officer was called in from outside of the school by school employees, which seemed to imply that there was more to the story. Those important details were missing from the first video that you posted. The second video that you posted with the prior 1:30 of footage made it clear that the officer had an everyday work assignment at the school and was already on the scene. It also made it clear that assault charges were fabricated by the officer. So those are the details that i was looking for.

I agree that the officer should be prosecuted and sued for assaulting a child. And he shouldn't be allowed to work in law enforcement again.
                                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X