No announcement yet.

#___ingwhileblack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Obama's "fault" per se, but I don't think it's a coincidence that they increased during his term. And I do sense that a segment of racists feel emboldened now that a fellow racist resides in the White House.

ETA: and if you dispute that Trump is a racist, congratulations for being so mentally dexterous.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
      I'd recommend you (re-)read my initial post on page one.
      Fair enough! But, then I'd ask everyone who posts in this thread to reread post #2 in which Ken says:
      I really want to know how often a similar scenario occurs that doesn't involve race, before we definitely label it. I'm confident that there are plenty of racists out there so there is no doubt that this could be happening and is happening, but before we label every single scenario, I like to see the objective analysis rather than just the emotion.
      When reading this thread, it started innocently enough. Unfortunately, it hasn't remained that way with some of the hyperbolic posts since!
      I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
        Not Obama's "fault" per se, but I don't think it's a coincidence that they increased during his term. And I do sense that a segment of racists feel emboldened now that a fellow racist resides in the White House.

ETA: and if you dispute that Trump is a racist, congratulations for being so mentally dexterous.
        I don't support Trump's behavior, or him, or those who support either, and if you feel the need to call him racist, feel free. I cannot disagree that racists are more embolden, but so are the Justice Warriors who promptly jump on anything negative to blame Trump and the GOP.
        I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
          Fair enough! But, then I'd ask everyone who posts in this thread to reread post #2
          Yes, everyone go back and read page one, lol.

Comment

I don't support Trump's behavior, or him, or those who support either, and if you feel the need to call him racist, feel free. I cannot disagree that racists are more embolden, but so are the Justice Warriors who promptly jump on anything negative to blame Trump and the GOP.
            Do you disagree then that he is a racist?
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
              Most of us aren't exposed to enough Black voices and Black perspectives, instead mostly reading exchanges about race and racism between white conservatives and white liberals (like this thread, lol).
              Never having lived in area with a large African-American population, most of what I know about black racial attitudes, I learned from the late, great Patrice O'Neal. For better or for worse.

(Warning: Very rough language, triggering commentary)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ib7sIHFYKPA" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
              "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
              "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
              "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

I don't know how racist he actually is, but he certainly panders to racists, which makes him far worse than a racist, IMO. Racists are simply ignorant. Politicians who pander to them are evil.
                "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Comment

Wasn't intending to castigate as much as point out the hyperbolic nature of this thread, the implied context to all things Trump, and that these incidents which are NOT new. Dumb white racists have always existed. And, while the internet is fast and often vicious in condemnation, information until now wasn't shared as widely or as quickly. As it is now, everyone gets to opine on stuff they have no real facts to support, well before they should.

I could post any number of events in Chicago wherein a "minority youth" breaks into an elderly white's apartment or home and steals stuff or beats them senseless. What purpose does that serve. Should we have a thread called "____ing while old"?

As the poster of many of these incidents, it's not so much that "these incidents are not new." You are obviously correct. It's that the agitators are far more brazen than they once were, continuing their harassment without a care while being filmed, as if they feel their actions are defended, and even appreciated, by the ruling party. Why do we feel that's the case? Because the belligerents are using the VERY SAME WORDS used by our beloved president.

In addition, it's not your typical old white drunkards as the belligerents, but soccer moms, grandmothers, and white collar types. It's not the drunk at the bar, but the midtown lawyer; the architect in the business park; and the stay at home mom walking in the park.

And it's the level of viciousness that we never knew, obviously helped by the proliferance of the smartphone camera and social media. Just a few years ago, it was just some off-kilter cops who got caught on camera doing a higher level of viciousness (I'm NOT throwing all cops under the bus, just the ones who partook). Now, it's the regular joes who immediately escalate normal situations by calling the police on virtually any minor wrongdoing -- or seeming wrongdoing.

Combine all three -- normal white people brazenly escalating minor situations because of racial profiling -- and yeah, I think this is new.

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                    I don't know how racist he actually is, but he certainly panders to racists, which makes him far worse than a racist, IMO. Racists are simply ignorant. Politicians who pander to them are evil.
                    Good point, but he publicly acted like a racist before entering the political arena.
                    - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      As the poster of many of these incidents, it's not so much that "these incidents are not new." You are obviously correct. It's that the agitators are far more brazen than they once were, continuing their harassment without a care while being filmed, as if they feel their actions are defended, and even appreciated, by the ruling party. Why do we feel that's the case? Because the belligerents are using the VERY SAME WORDS used by our beloved president.

In addition, it's not your typical old white drunkards as the belligerents, but soccer moms, grandmothers, and white collar types. It's not the drunk at the bar, but the midtown lawyer; the architect in the business park; and the stay at home mom walking in the park.

And it's the level of viciousness that we never knew, obviously helped by the proliferance of the smartphone camera and social media. Just a few years ago, it was just some off-kilter cops who got caught on camera doing a higher level of viciousness (I'm NOT throwing all cops under the bus, just the ones who partook). Now, it's the regular joes who immediately escalate normal situations by calling the police on virtually any minor wrongdoing -- or seeming wrongdoing.

Combine all three -- brazen, normal white people escalating minor situations because of racial profiling -- and yeah, I think this is new.
                      - Terence McKenna

Comment

Good point, but he publicly acted like a racist before entering the political arena.
                        Like what? I'm not doubting you, but I didn't pay attention to him before he started campaigning. I only vaguely knew him as an east coast real estate mogul/ celebrity reality star.

He's certainly comfortable speaking their language, so that's pretty damning in and of itself.

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                          Like what? I'm not doubting you, but I didn't pay attention to him before he started campaigning. I only vaguely knew him as an east coast real estate mogul/ celebrity reality star.

He's certainly comfortable speaking their language, so that's pretty damning in and of itself.
                          The Central Park Five is the most notable example.
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

I have never been in favor of labeling people, and I'll stick with this. I agree, that you seem to think he's a racist and that I don't choose to get into this muck with you. And, I am not trying to be offensive. His behaviors and communication skills are often lacking in creating a strong counter-argument to your contention.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

I have never been in favor of labeling people, and I'll stick with this. I agree, that you seem to think he's a racist and that I don't choose to get into this muck with you. And, I am not trying to be offensive. His behaviors and communication skills are often lacking in creating a strong counter-argument to your contention.
                              Having a high tolerance for racism doesn't make you a more tolerant person.
                              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

The Central Park Five is the most notable example.
                                And there was all the racial steering at his pop's Trump Village near where I grew up in Brooklyn. That's well documented.

All this discussing, we almost forgot it's time for today's episode of "TrumpWorld!" We have an exciting episode for everyone today, as we get lectured about who has civil rights and who doesn't by someone who is obviously not a lawyer:

"Riding the Bus While Muslim" -- starring a young, empowered-by-Trump, Staten Island cuisette (pronounced "coojette") as "Constitutional Cathy.":

"A woman wearing a Muslim head scarf on a New York transit bus going to Staten Island was subject to racial taunts from another passenger, according to a video posted to social media.

In the 30-second video, which begins and ends in the middle of the incident, a woman who identifies herself as Ashley tells the man recording on his cell phone: "I'm getting into a fight with some Muslim chick because she has an attitude. She thinks she has rights that she doesn't have."

A woman wearing a Muslim head scarf on a New York transit bus going to Staten Island was subject to racial taunts from another passenger, according to a video posted to social media.

Comment

Working...
                                X