Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    B-O-O H-O-O

Happy this guy is paying the consequences. "It's ruined my life". No, that's YOU dipshit.
    Yup he dug his own grave and deserves the consequences.

That said, and I'm not defending him... I'm sure glad the worst things I've done in life aren't public knowledge. Never anything along this vein or anywhere close to this extent, but I suspect everyone has done something stupid and embarrassing that they wish they had not. And something that would be devastating if it was public knowledge. I don't know how to reconcile the two to be honest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post

That said, and I'm not defending him... I'm sure glad the worst things I've done in life aren't public knowledge. Never anything along this vein or anywhere close to this extent, but I suspect everyone has done something stupid and embarrassing that they wish they had not. And something that would be devastating if it was public knowledge. I don't know how to reconcile the two to be honest.
      Of course we've all done things that would be embarrassing or shameful in our lives. But the difference is people are aware that they could be filmed at any time, yet continue to engage in appalling behaviors. And I'm certainly no angel, but I've never done anything remotely as awful as this POS. And, thankfully, I'm not famous so no one would care about what I've done anyway.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

that's an honest thought.

this guy has some SERIOUS issues, obviously.
        but would I give him a life sentence in the court of opinion?
        not automatically.
        if he truly repents and changes - well, I think I'm talking years and a metric shit ton of voluntary community service....

man, this is so terrible, though.
        still, we all live in glass houses. am trying to talk myself into the idea of this guy becoming a better person someday - yet it's not easy.
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
          that's an honest thought.

this guy has some SERIOUS issues, obviously.
          but would I give him a life sentence in the court of opinion?
          not automatically.
          if he truly repents and changes - well, I think I'm talking years and a metric shit ton of voluntary community service....

man, this is so terrible, though.
          still, we all live in glass houses. am trying to talk myself into the idea of this guy becoming a better person someday - yet it's not easy.
          Yeah, my sense is he ain't there yet. It seems pretty clear he is sorry he got caught on camera and that his actions ruined his life. He actually doesnt seem sorry about his actions at this point,.other than they hurt him and his family. I'd bet he only regrets that he was filmed.

Comment

• How about "Trying to Get Medical Care While Black"

https://nypost.com/2018/07/29/mom-sa...ord-ambulance/

This is a two-fer showing the devastating inhumanity of a country that allows people to die over a few hundred bucks, with a sprinkling of racism for flavour.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              Yeah, my sense is he ain't there yet. It seems pretty clear he is sorry he got caught on camera and that his actions ruined his life. He actually doesnt seem sorry about his actions at this point,.other than they hurt him and his family. I'd bet he only regrets that he was filmed.
              This. Rarely do people change.
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                How about "Trying to Get Medical Care While Black"

https://nypost.com/2018/07/29/mom-sa...ord-ambulance/

This is a two-fer showing the devastating inhumanity of a country that allows people to die over a few hundred bucks, with a sprinkling of racism for flavour.
                I stopped reading at "flavour"
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                  I stopped reading at "flavour"
                  You're offended at my use of the term "sprinkling of racism for flavour"? Honestly, its purposefully meant to imbue the disgust that the story carries... not sure how my wording is more offensive than the horrific story I've posted.

Please enlighten me.
                  Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

You're offended at my use of the term "sprinkling of racism for flavour"? Honestly, its purposefully meant to imbue the disgust that the story carries... not sure how my wording is more offensive than the horrific story I've posted.

Please enlighten me.
                    I think heyelander is making a joke about your Canadian spelling of the word. I admit, I haven't always been sharp at picking up heyelander's sometimes subtle humor, but I got chuckle at this one--it works at a couple of levels, and I found it most funny, because if he stopped after that word, he'd read it all .

It was a way of pointing out that your criticism is coming from without, I think. I suspect it was at least partially tongue in cheek, but it may have underneath it some legitimate push back on the notion of an "outsider" critiquing our health care system. Or maybe it was more a gentle jab that worked well, because, again, "flavour" was the last word, so he could echo what others say when they see "trigger" words, but do it in an absurd way, highlighting the very last word typed. IDK.

Edit: Of course, the subject of the link your provided isn't funny at all. It is tragic. I just posted one of my notoriously long blocks of texts in the other thread advocating for a single payer system, because of stories like this.
                    Last edited by Sour Masher; 08-01-2018, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Please enlighten me.
                      To be fair it was the last word of your post, so I'd be more surprised if he found a way to continue after it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        I think heyelander is making a joke about your Canadian spelling of the word. I admit, I haven't always been sharp at picking up heyelander's sometimes subtle humor, but I got chuckle at this one--it works at a couple of levels, and I found it most funny, because if he stopped after that word, he'd read it all .

It was a way of pointing out that your criticism is coming from without, I think. I suspect it was at least partially tongue in cheek, but it may have underneath it some legitimate push back on the notion of an "outsider" critiquing our health care system. Or maybe it was more a gentle jab that worked well, because, again, "flavour" was the last word, so he could echo what others say when they see "trigger" words, but do it in an absurd way, highlighting the very last word typed. IDK.

Edit: Of course, the subject of the link your provided isn't funny at all. It is tragic. I just posted one of my notoriously long blocks of texts in the other thread advocating for a single payer system, because of stories like this.
                        Dann, you put almost as much thought into that than I did. I think as much as anything I originally thought it kind of a dark comment on how the message would be dismissed by some as the view of an outsider with no right to be commenting. And basing that view on the European spelling of a word seemed sufficiently ethnocentric to be funny to me. But alas I realized it was really just a dick comment that would probably be misconstrued so I scuttled the idea... But then I realized it was actually the last word of the post and it became hysterical on a whole new level.

I really should stop posting
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Dann, you put almost as much thought into that than I did. I think as much as anything I originally thought it kind of a dark comment on how the message would be dismissed by some as the view of an outsider with no right to be commenting. And basing that view on the European spelling of a word seemed sufficiently ethnocentric to be funny to me. But alas I realized it was really just a dick comment that would probably be misconstrued so I scuttled the idea... But then I realized it was actually the last word of the post and it became hysterical on a whole new level.

I apologize, I'm pretty dense at times, and this flew right over my head. I was just confused.

It's legit funny if you're able to follow the bouncing ball... I just wouldn't have a 2nd thought about my spelling of flavour. Cheers.

Comment

... But then I realized it was actually the last word of the post and it became hysterical on a whole new level.
                            I caught the humor!

Comment

I caught the humour!
                              fixed.
                              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

I also saw the humor, u provided.
                                "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                                - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                                - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Working...
                                X