#___ingwhileblack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    What would you call Teenwolf getting his ass kicked by black people just because he is married to a black woman?
    Did this happen?
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
      I'm in no way defending what your co-workers did, nor any hate-based verbal or physical aggression towards white people by people of color. What I'm saying is, those behaviors don't have centuries of state protection behind them. It's arguably a semantic differentiation, but I still feel it's an important distinguishment.
      It doesn't matter to the one being abused, bullied, beaten what the history is. We all agree that it is wrong.

When I read this entire thread, I do not see anybody that is racist. I do see that some are offended and angry that others are not exhibiting enough rage against the problem. This anger has resulted in name calling in this thread. That is offensive to me.

There is really nothing I can do about it except call it out.

Comment

What would you call Teenwolf getting his ass kicked by black people just because he is married to a black woman?
        I would call that a weird fantasy completely detached from reality.

I'm curious what the point of your analogy is.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

I would like to add that most white people have inverted this and view individual racists as the problem. That allows them to feel better about themselves since they don't engage in racist behaviors. They also generally get very defensive when confronted with the fact the they have benefited their entire lives from our racist system because they associate racism only with "bad people".
          This is true, in my experience as well.

Comment

Did this happen?
            No. I used some of my own, family, and friends life experiences and framed the question around Teenwolf and his wife for a more personal RJ effect.

Hey, maybe that stuff doesn't happen in Canada. It does in Chicago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
              I would call that a weird fantasy completely detached from reality.

I'm curious what the point of your analogy is.
              Weird fantasy?! Of course not. It may not be a potential reality for you (I am glad if that is true) where you live. In Chicago it would carry some high probability.

Comment

Weird fantasy?! Of course not. It may not be a potential reality for you (I am glad if that is true) where you live. In Chicago it would carry some high probability.
                Really? I lived their five years and don't recall ever hearing about a situation like this.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

High probability that I'd be beaten for being married to a black woman?! That's pretty crazy.

Source? I'd assume it's an epidemic happening regularly if my beating would be highly probable.
                  Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Really? I lived their five years and don't recall ever hearing about a situation like this.
                    I am glad.

Maybe I and mine hang out it the wrong places.

Comment

I am glad.

Maybe I and mine hang out it the wrong places.
                      How many times have you witnessed this happen? How many times has it been reported in the paper?

Comment

How many times have you witnessed this happen? How many times has it been reported in the paper?
                        See my post #245.

I have no idea on the paper question.

Comment

So the gal who accused Kavanaugh should be fully believed - it is unclear in her story if there are witnesses who can corroborate or not. It certainly wasnt in the paper until just a week or so ago. Yet Gregg, who has indicated that he is aware of situations where a white guy married to a black woman gets beat up in the black neighborhood, has to provide you with stats and newspaper citings?

Just making sure we are being consistent here.....
                          It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                          Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                            So the gal who accused Kavanaugh should be fully believed - it is unclear in her story if there are witnesses who can corroborate or not. It certainly wasnt in the paper until just a week or so ago. Yet Gregg, who has indicated that he is aware of situations where a white guy married to a black woman gets beat up in the black neighborhood, has to provide you with stats and newspaper citings?

Just making sure we are being consistent here.....
                            Streeeeeeeetch
                            - Terence McKenna

Comment

I would like to add that most white people have inverted this and view individual racists as the problem. That allows them to feel better about themselves since they don't engage in racist behaviors. They also generally get very defensive when confronted with the fact the they have benefited their entire lives from our racist system because they associate racism only with "bad people".
                              Ok. Now we are getting somewhere. How do middle class white men make a difference in the battle against racism?

Comment

Sorry, but I disagree. Systemic racism is the fundamental problem, individual racists are symptoms of that problem.
                                Odd, that's not disagreeing. I think systemic racism is the fundamental problem and that individual racists are symptoms.

But that was not the topic. It does not preclude a minority from being a racist. If over the next 50 years the race dynamics flip and caucasians become the minority race in the US, and there are systems put in place that severely disadvantage white people, Richard Spencer is still a racist moron. It's an attribute of him and of his actions regardless of everything else going on around him. Even if you were to throw out all the history of racism, he's still a racist. I'm not sure how that's even up for discussion. It's his prejudiced views and actions that make him a racist, not the system he lives in.

We can be intelligent individuals and realize that the system is the core problem to fix - the problem that created the racists, and we can still be smart enough to condemn the actions of the individual racist without the context. It's okay to hate both types.

Comment

Working...
                                X