#___ingwhileblack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    That's a big logical leap to assume. If the situation truly was a surprise and a mistake it is much more likely that the adrenaline played a huge role than it is that the officer took race into account.

Here's an article of the reverse situation happening recently. Police went to the wrong house and shot the homeowner (who was white, and they were looking for a black suspect).

https://www.myajc.com/news/local-gov...QgIKhiVzRiMHJ/
    She thought she was entering her own apartment, despite that her keys presumably didn't work in the door, and didn't realize her error immediately upon seeing the apartment. It's much more likely that drugs or alcohol played a huge role.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
      She thought she was entering her own apartment, despite that her keys presumably didn't work in the door, and didn't realize her error immediately upon seeing the apartment. It's much more likely that drugs or alcohol played a huge role.
      Right, I noted a few posts back that we were missing something here...

Comment

• How fucking wasted to you have to be to not recognize your own furniture? "This bastard broke in and changed all my furniture.....blam blam blam"
        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
          How fucking wasted to you have to be to not recognize your own furniture? "This bastard broke in and changed all my furniture.....blam blam blam"
          For real, this is a clear cut case of murder--at the very least negligent homicide. I hope it is prosecuted as such.

And I agree that it is hard to know if race played a factor in how fearful this cop was, and whether she would have pulled the trigger or not if the person's home she broke into was white, or a woman, for that matter. I think it does clearly speak, once again, to how wrongly police are trained to react to high stress situations in this country. Yes, many situation are exacerbated to blatant and latent racial biases, but many are also primarily the product to just the entire mindframe of training of our LEOs, and not only black folk suffer from this training, we all do. The way they are trained, everyone is a potential threat. Everyone is a potential enemy. Escalate, control, neutralize. Its all so militaristic, and so different than it needs to be, and what has proven more effective in the past, and in other countries. Her instinct when frightened was to shoot and kill. That was her reflex. And, of course, on top of that, she must have been super fucked up to enter the wrong place and think it was hers.
          Last edited by Sour Masher; 09-07-2018, 03:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            For real, this is a clear cut case of murder--at the very least negligent homicide. I hope it is prosecuted as such.

She's currently being charged with manslaughter.

Here's a strange part of the story:

Two women who live on the second floor near where the shooting happened said they heard a lot of noise late Thursday.

"It was, like, police talk: 'Open up! Open up!'" 20-year-old Caitlin Simpson told The Dallas Morning News.

Yazmine Hernandez, 20, was studying with Simpson when they heard the commotion.

"We heard cops yelling, but otherwise had no idea what was going on," Hernandez said.
            Why would she be yelling Open up at her own apartment?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
              She's currently being charged with manslaughter.

Here's a strange part of the story:

Why would she be yelling Open up at her own apartment?
              Yeah, hard to speculate with so little info. Maybe she knew full well it wasn't her place. Maybe she was pissed he took her paper or played loud music and shot him over it, but thinks the defense of claiming confusion/perceived self-defense is a better legal strategy.

Comment

• How did she even enter without keys?
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Today's episode: "Going to a Party While Black" starring Elevator Ernie:

"A hotel manager in Florida has been fired after a pulling a gun on college students trying to use an elevator at an off-campus housing complex, video shows.

The man, identified on social media as Don Crandall, is seen in the footage blocking the four students from Florida A&M – three of whom are black – from getting on an elevator at the Stadium Centre apartment complex in Tallahassee because they didn’t have a key to the building with them.

“Right there is my key,” Crandall told the students late Saturday. “There’s my key.”

“Sir, you bringing out your gun, what’s your purpose for that?” one student replied.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” Crandall said. “Excuse me. Forgive me.”
                  A hotel manager in Florida has been fired after a pulling a gun on college students trying to use an elevator at an off-campus housing complex, video shows. The man, identified on social media as D…

Comment

• Today's episode: "Driving While Filipino" starring a young hottie as "Empowered Edith":

A woman has been filmed smiling as she racially abuses a Filipino-American woman in a parking lot.

Selina Cairel was returning to the parking lot after buying donuts with friends in Portland, Ore., when the woman launched her racist tirade.

“I normally don’t share anything around here, but I’m very upset,” Cairel posted on Facebook on Wednesday. “I was out with some friends last night in Portland and had a terrible encounter with a girl who was saying the nastiest, most racist thing possible.

“I literally just got back to my car from getting some Voodoo Donuts and just wanted to go home.”

According to Cairel, the woman in the car next to her started making racist comments, saying, “She’s Asian. She can’t see — that’s why she can’t drive.”

Comment

• Today’s episode of “TrumpWorld”: “Canvassing While Black” starring an anonymous, terrified whitey as “Parking Patrol Paul”:

A Madison, Wisconsin, politician was campaigning like any other — canvassing for votes in a neighborhood she wants to represent — when a constituent called the cops, claiming he witnessed a suspected drug deal and a suspicious vehicle.

Dane County Supervisor Shelia Stubbs was knocking on doors on Aug. 7 in what she told the Capital Times was a “predominately white community,” when a Madison police officer arrived at the scene.

In an interview with CNN, Stubbs said she was speaking to a voter when she noticed the police car. After excusing herself to speak to the officer, she was shocked to learn that someone was concerned with her presence there.

I’m like, ‘a drug dealer! Are you serious, they think I’m a drug dealer? No!” was her initial reaction, Stubbs told CNN.

Stubbs’ 71-year-old mother, Linda Hoskins, and 8-year-old daughter were in the car waiting for her.

The police officer did not believe Stubbs or her mother’s claims that they were campaigning, despite Stubbs showing the cop her name tag and campaign fliers. Only when Stubbs showed the policewoman a list of the addresses she had visited was the officer convinced and apologetic.

“I felt humiliated. I felt outraged. I felt angry. I felt embarrassed,” Stubbs told CBS News.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Today’s episode of “TrumpWorld”: “Canvassing While Black” starring an anonymous, terrified whitey as “Parking Patrol Paul”:

A Madison, Wisconsin, politician was campaigning like any other — canvassing for votes in a neighborhood she wants to represent — when a constituent called the cops, claiming he witnessed a suspected drug deal and a suspicious vehicle.

Dane County Supervisor Shelia Stubbs was knocking on doors on Aug. 7 in what she told the Capital Times was a “predominately white community,” when a Madison police officer arrived at the scene.

In an interview with CNN, Stubbs said she was speaking to a voter when she noticed the police car. After excusing herself to speak to the officer, she was shocked to learn that someone was concerned with her presence there.

I’m like, ‘a drug dealer! Are you serious, they think I’m a drug dealer? No!” was her initial reaction, Stubbs told CNN.

Stubbs’ 71-year-old mother, Linda Hoskins, and 8-year-old daughter were in the car waiting for her.

The police officer did not believe Stubbs or her mother’s claims that they were campaigning, despite Stubbs showing the cop her name tag and campaign fliers. Only when Stubbs showed the policewoman a list of the addresses she had visited was the officer convinced and apologetic.

“I felt humiliated. I felt outraged. I felt angry. I felt embarrassed,” Stubbs told CBS News.
                        Whitey?

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                          Whitey?
                          Would fuckhead racist be preferable?
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                            No, it wouldn’t. I prefer to know exactly who people are

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                              No, it wouldn’t. I prefer to know exactly who people are
                              There are millions of white racists in our country and they're all interchangeable in these types of stories.
                              - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                                Probably so - no need to use racist terms like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X