2018 Midterm Election Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    I can go with that, though I think there is a kernal of truth that keeps the myth alive.

J
    Like the myth of Obama being Kenyan? Like the myth of Hillary and George Soros secretly running a global pedophilia ring?
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• or when Hillary Clinton was a student at Wellesley college, classmates traveled to NYC and were zombie extras in Michael Jackson's Thriller music video. Bill Clinton wasn't allowed to be an extra because the night before the actors guild caught him smoking but lying and saying he didn't inhale.

oh..i made that up. heh... 'Cause this is thriller, Thriller night..!

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
        I think you're fucking despicable for using such garbage.
        smh...and you wonder why people think you need to relax. Disagree with people, but stop with the ad hominem attacks.
        "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
        - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
        - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• I waiting for one of you to bust out the Protocols of the Elders of Zion next. I'm both appalled and intrigued by the level of stupidity I see on this board, which is really the only place I encounter it other than when our president speaks. I guess I'm lucky that I don't run into it in my daily life, but I credit the general level of intelligence and success of my friends for that.
          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
            smh...and you wonder why people think you need to relax. Disagree with people, but stop with the ad hominem attacks.
            If you think using Project Veritas, the source that lead to the murder of 12 people, isnt absolutely fucking despicable, I cannot help you.

I equate posting Project Veritas to posting about Sandy Hook being a false flag. If you dont see it as a big deal, that's just a difference of opinion. I'll call scumbags as I see them, thanks.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
              I waiting for one of you to bust out the Protocols of the Elders of Zion next. I'm both appalled and intrigued by the level of stupidity I see on this board, which is really the only place I encounter it other than when our president speaks. I guess I'm lucky that I don't run into it in my daily life, but I credit the general level of intelligence and success of my friends for that.
              I think the inability to see the world through the perception of others is one of our worst issues right now. It's disappointing when people see a differing opinion and call it "stupidity" rather than realizing that we aren't all the same, we all come from different backgrounds and different life experiences, and that it's valid to have a differing opinion. There's extremely intelligent individuals on every side of the aisle.

If you really find those that you are conversing with here as stupid, why bother participating? Maybe this isn't the place for you. Something to consider.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                I'll call scumbags as I see them, thanks.
                Gross.

That's troll behavior. If you want to have a fight and call names like a petty child, take it to PMs. No one wants to see that garbage, it's a waste of everyone's time while you grandstand.

More than anything, this speaks really negatively towards your character which I don't think is indicative of how you really are. There's no need for the childish banter, be better.
                Last edited by Ken; 11-16-2018, 06:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  Gross.

That's troll behavior. If you want to have a fight and call names like a petty child, take it to PMs. No one wants to see that garbage, it's a waste of everyone's time while you grandstand.

More than anything, this speaks really negatively towards your character which I don't think is indicative of how you really are. There's no need for the childish banter, be better.
                  What was that you were saying about grandstanding?

B-Fly called the article bullshit and I called 1J despicable for posting it. I've been crystal clear in my opinion, so let's move on.
                  Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• meanwhile, the "Off-Topics" thread at baseballthinkfactory.org got shut down this week after many years.

turns out that a few posters were so angry and hostile over political differences that the host decided it wasn't worth his while to keep the thread going.

interesting.
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I think the inability to see the world through the perception of others is one of our worst issues right now. It's disappointing when people see a differing opinion and call it "stupidity" rather than realizing that we aren't all the same, we all come from different backgrounds and different life experiences, and that it's valid to have a differing opinion. There's extremely intelligent individuals on every side of the aisle.

If you really find those that you are conversing with here as stupid, why bother participating? Maybe this isn't the place for you. Something to consider.
                      I went to a political meetup recently, and ended up having half of the runtime taken up by a guy talking in my group talking to me about flat earth theory. This hardcore lefty... is a fucking moron. It was incredibly disappointing, but it is what it is. I have no respect for idiocy, regardless of background or political affiliation.

Comment

I waiting for one of you to bust out the Protocols of the Elders of Zion next. I'm both appalled and intrigued by the level of stupidity I see on this board, which is really the only place I encounter it other than when our president speaks. I guess I'm lucky that I don't run into it in my daily life, but I credit the general level of intelligence and success of my friends for that.
                        There was a dude that came on here and posted a ton leading up to the election and than totally disappeared right after that totally did bust out the Protocols of the Elders of Zion. I had to dig a bit to get him to admit his sources, but he did. He was a big Trump guy. He seemed to be devoted to getting converts, but didn't stick around after Trump won.

Comment

• Even as she ends her campaign, Stacy Abrams does not go quietly into the night...

"To watch an elected official who claims to represent the people in this state baldly pin his hopes for election on the suppression of the people’s democratic right to vote has been truly appalling. So let’s be clear: This is not a speech of concession."
                          Last edited by Hornsby; 11-17-2018, 11:26 AM.
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

again, one of the main reasons I've stuck here is because I get to hear opinions so far off of what I deem "normal human discord". My peer group is smart and successful and broad and diverse. I view the Sports Bar in someways as a freakshow of biblical literalism, racial intolerance, selfish conservatism,antiscience, immigrant fearmongering, and furious Trumpitude that I am seriously not exposed to on a regular basis. I think that staring into the abyss, seeing the monsters, and smelling the fear to be something positive
                            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

I think that staring into the abyss, seeing the monsters, and smelling the fear to be something positive
                              Did you mean to post this in the "Democratic Party 2017 and beyond" thread?
                              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                                Did you mean to post this in the "Democratic Party 2017 and beyond" thread?
                                dude, I actually truely feel bad for you, you are like a sad character in a russian novel that I can't stop reading if only to make myself feel better about not being you. You'd be funnier if you weren't such a tragic selfish virgin

Comment

Working...
                                X