No announcement yet.

2018 Midterm Election Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few races were called for the Democrats in California. But those were expected the more interesting news is in Utah where it may be moving to a toss up. The votes outstanding here seem to be causing some contradiction among the analysts. Funny thing is this is Mia Love’s seat and she is the one Trump so wittingly mocked at his post Election Day presser with his Mia Love didn’t show me love or something like that and he commented on her losing. She might win in one if those what do you call them? Vote counts!

CA 21 is being moved from previously called all her way down to lean r at 538. If Dems win that UT seat this seat is a path to +40. Should be interesting.

Comment

• https://nypost.com/2018/11/14/city-c...site%20buttons
      that Amazon new site in Queens, NY?

well.............

"The City Council is reviewing its legal options to challenge the epic deal to bring Amazon to Queens, as a growing number of Democrats voiced opposition Wednesday.

Council Speaker Corey Johnson said he had “very significant problems” with the way Gov. Cuomo and Mayor de Blasio, fellow Democrats, crafted nearly $3 billion in taxpayer-funded giveaways to the e-commerce behemoth to lure one of its two new headquarters to Long Island City.

Johnson also objected to plans that would exempt Amazon’s massive development from the city’s Uniform Land Use Review Process, which would require sign-offs from the local Community Board and other officials."

"John Kaehny of the government watchdog group Reinvent Albany said the council “has every reason to be extremely p—ed about this, and for the governor to just come in and big-foot them is just appalling.”

Kaehny also said the Democratic lawmakers who will take control of the state Senate in January “have a veto over this deal through the Public Authorities Control Board.”

The board’s unanimous approval is needed for Amazon to collect on up to $505 million in grant money promised by Cuomo — and the state Senate controls one of its three votes, he said."

[the PACB has been obscure for most of its life - but one of those three votes killed the NYC 2012 Olympic bid/Jets stadium on the west side of Manhattan a decade ago.]
      Last edited by Judge Jude; 11-15-2018, 12:23 AM.
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Are y'all having fun?

It has been right-wing wisdom for years that the reason Democrats oppose photo ID requirements is that it makes it harder to fake ballots. There is some very controversial video from Project Veritas to support the idea. A subset of that theory is that Democrats gather unused mail ballots to fill in. Florida is making that mindset seem less paranoid and more plausible.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
          https://nypost.com/2018/11/14/city-c...site%20buttons
          that Amazon new site in Queens, NY?

well.............

"The City Council is reviewing its legal options to challenge the epic deal to bring Amazon to Queens, as a growing number of Democrats voiced opposition Wednesday.

Council Speaker Corey Johnson said he had “very significant problems” with the way Gov. Cuomo and Mayor de Blasio, fellow Democrats, crafted nearly $3 billion in taxpayer-funded giveaways to the e-commerce behemoth to lure one of its two new headquarters to Long Island City.

Johnson also objected to plans that would exempt Amazon’s massive development from the city’s Uniform Land Use Review Process, which would require sign-offs from the local Community Board and other officials."

"John Kaehny of the government watchdog group Reinvent Albany said the council “has every reason to be extremely p—ed about this, and for the governor to just come in and big-foot them is just appalling.”

Kaehny also said the Democratic lawmakers who will take control of the state Senate in January “have a veto over this deal through the Public Authorities Control Board.”

The board’s unanimous approval is needed for Amazon to collect on up to $505 million in grant money promised by Cuomo — and the state Senate controls one of its three votes, he said."

[the PACB has been obscure for most of its life - but one of those three votes killed the NYC 2012 Olympic bid/Jets stadium on the west side of Manhattan a decade ago.]
          $3B tax break for the world’s richest man so he bring a couple thousand new jobs to a an over packed city with crumbling infrastructure all while being allowed to skirt land use laws.
          This atrocity probably deserves its own thread

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
            Are y'all having fun?

It has been right-wing wisdom for years that the reason Democrats oppose photo ID requirements is that it makes it harder to fake ballots. There is some very controversial video from Project Veritas to support the idea. A subset of that theory is that Democrats gather unused mail ballots to fill in. Florida is making that mindset seem less paranoid and more plausible.

J
            Project Veritas produced the FAKE bullshit video that convinced 1 lunatic to shoot up a planned Parenthood clinic and murder a dozen people. That's your source?

Get a clue.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

J
              :bullshit:

Comment

• When B-Fly calls bullshit on you, you should probably reconsider your future path of posting.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Golden officially declared the winner in Maine - 2 after the ranked voting for the third party candidates were counted. Golden won 50.5% to Poliquin's 49.5%.

So that puts the called races at 230-198, but I am still going to wait on CA-21 which is now under 2K votes separating them. So far then the gain is +35 and the final outcome is going to be somewhere between +38 and +40 in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                    :bullshit:
                    Please expand.

Are you saying it is not a common right-wing belief? Or, are you saying they believe a fantasy? I can get behind the second version.

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Please expand.

Are you saying it is not a common right-wing belief? Or, are you saying they believe a fantasy? I can get behind the second version.

J
                      Project Vertitas is verifiable bullshit. What's so difficult for you?
                      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                        Project Vertitas is verifiable bullshit. What's so difficult for you?
                        Personally, I think Project Veritas is exactly what it purports to be--activists seeking dirt. That does not make them wrong, but the reports need to be taken with skepticism.

However, I asked Brian what he was talking about. Your opinion was already on file.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Personally, I think Project Veritas is exactly what it purports to be--activists seeking dirt. That does not make them wrong, but the reports need to be taken with skepticism.

However, I asked Brian what he was talking about. Your opinion was already on file.

J
                          You and chancellor are really showing us the lowest lights of the right wing the last 2 days. Conspiratorial nonsense.

My complaint is at that a lunatic used the manure you're spreading to justify killing 12 people... you think it's still a fine source. I think you're fucking despicable for using such garbage.

Comment

Please expand.

J
                            Definitely the latter. As to the former, I think it's something a lot of right-wing people say. I can't tell to what extent they honestly believe it or are just saying it because they think it's in the interest of their "team" to say it...or because they know they can get a rise out of liberals/Democrats by saying it and that's their idea of a grand old time.

Comment

• Porter gets the win called over Walters in CA 45 and Cisneros takes the lead over Kim for the first time in CA-39. 231-198 as of now on called races.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                                Definitely the latter. As to the former, I think it's something a lot of right-wing people say. I can't tell to what extent they honestly believe it or are just saying it because they think it's in the interest of their "team" to say it...or because they know they can get a rise out of liberals/Democrats by saying it and that's their idea of a grand old time.
                                I can go with that, though I think there is a kernal of truth that keeps the myth alive.

J
                                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
                                X