2018 Midterm Election Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
    but there was definitely an aspect of the campaign that sought to DEMAND woman of all ages to turn out for Hillary Clinton
    Fixed....
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• there's a new book out that says campaign staffers seriously considered "Because it's her turn" as her campaign motto in 2016, given the pushback that even a lot of Democrats felt about her.
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
        there's a new book out that says campaign staffers seriously considered "Because it's her turn" as her campaign motto in 2016, given the pushback that even a lot of Democrats felt about her.
        I don't know, that just doesn't seem like how She would think about it. I just don't picture Her feeling that entitled.
        --------------------------------------
        You know a girl in a hat is just so…vogue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hi.I'm.Mandy View Post
          I don't know, that just doesn't seem like how She would think about it. I just don't picture Her feeling that entitled.
          ok that made me smile
          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Fingers crossed.
            While the New Jersey Senate race appears much closer than Democrats would want it, the state's partisan leanings still favor Menendez over Hugin. 

Comment

• Beto O'Rourke pulls within 1 of Ted Cruz in the latest poll on the Texas Senate race, with a hefty number of undecided still in play.

Which is now the more likely of two previously impossible sounding seismic events in the Senate: Texas electing a Democrat or New Jersey electing a Republican? And whether O'Rourke wins or not, are we seeing the beginning of a longer-term purpling of Texas due to demographic change?

Comment

Beto O'Rourke pulls within 1 of Ted Cruz in the latest poll on the Texas Senate race, with a hefty number of undecided still in play.

Which is now the more likely of two previously impossible sounding seismic events in the Senate: Texas electing a Democrat or New Jersey electing a Republican? And whether O'Rourke wins or not, are we seeing the beginning of a longer-term purpling of Texas due to demographic change?
                Cruz is purposely trying to lose so he can run for, and win, the presidency in 2020 on the OneJ party line.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                  Cruz is purposely trying to lose so he can run for, and win, the presidency in 2020 on the OneJ party line.
                  Excellent strategy

Comment

• O is a good letter for Democrats. Maybe if Beto can pull this win off we can go with an all-O lineup of O'Rourke/Ocasio-Corez in 2024 or 2028. (Ocasio-Cortez will turn 35 around four weeks before Election Day 2024.) Meanwhile, O'Malley seems likely to run for the Democratic nomination in 2020.

Comment

Beto O'Rourke pulls within 1 of Ted Cruz in the latest poll on the Texas Senate race, with a hefty number of undecided still in play.

I hate to get my hopes up, but losses by both Cruz and Menendez on the same night would probably the highlight of my 35 years of following politics.

Comment

• if the Democrats retake the House, and are able to impeach Trump and Pence, your new president is my former local rep, the mighty Nancy Pelosi!
                        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                          if the Democrats retake the House, and are able to impeach Trump and Pence, your new president is my former local rep, the mighty Nancy Pelosi!
                          LOL. On what grounds do you think Pence would be impeached? Political priorities for the Democrats, IMHO:

1) Win back the House leadership in November.
                          2) Win back the Senate leadership, too, if possible (much longer odds).
                          3) Propose sensible gun reform and immigration reform bills, and an infrastructure bill; float Medicare for all
                          4) Win back the White House in 2020.

At this point, I think an impeachment effort would backfire, much as it did when the GOP House tried to impeach Bill Clinton.

Comment

LOL. On what grounds do you think Pence would be impeached? Political priorities for the Democrats, IMHO:

3) Propose sensible gun reform and immigration reform bills, and an infrastructure bill; float Medicare for all

At this point, I think an impeachment effort would backfire, much as it did when the GOP House tried to impeach Bill Clinton.
                            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Pence is 100% part of the Russian hacking treason
                              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

I agree with Horns, good post....but, do you think there is any reasonable hypothetical where the dreaded "I" word would not be a loser with Dems? Trump has so many pots boiling now, I could think of a few that, if they boil over, impeachment would be appropriate. But is the point that even if he should be, he shouldn't be for political reasons?

Comment

Working...
                                X