Clear All

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
    The 2017 Heavy-Handed Euphoria Tour

Featuring:

...Chem’s Sister!
    ...Sour Dubb!
    ...Chocolate Diesel!
    ...and special guest...Sticky Icky!
    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
      [/B]

I reject premise. The second photo doesn't clearly illustrate anything. It could just as easily be a picture of person who decided to take snaps of some guys who interrupted her internet surfing.

I already said in my post that the whole thing was no big deal, but this "taking a picture" explanation is just too much. Nobody in the administration accepts responsibility for anything. It's always "what about Obama?", or "everyone else does it", or "the Generals ate my homework". In the oft-repeated words of our dear leader, gimme a break.
      Lucky, it's as if you don't recall the last 8 years of, "Well what about Bush? Or We'll, Bush was worse!" Come on man, you think this, what is it you keep referring to it as "GOP Whataboutery" or something silly like that, you really think this is new? More likely it just pisses you off more because the other guys are now doing it to your guy. Us Bush people had to swallow boat loads of that crap for years.

Ok. Hanging and listening again. But before I do, a general comment: some of the posters here have real genuine stamina. I posted regularly for about a week and got burned out. Some of you can really keep the level of Trump Derangement Syndrome outrage high for days on end.
      I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
        Actually, it was one of your liberal wolfpack mates who seized upon the idiotic tempest to score some points. I called him on it in one post and was ready to be done with it, until the rest of pack felt compelled to rush in and defend his nonsensical statement.

I don't comment on Trump in this forum for several reasons, largely because:

1) The bad/ wrong/ stupid things he does are self-evident, and you all wallow in them daily, so I don't think it adds much value for me to chime in when I agree with you.
        2) You all are not particularly receptive to viewpoints that are not virulently anti-Trump, so it's a frustrating headache to chime in when I disagree with you, knowing I will get zero acknowledgement.
        3) I'm a contrarian, and I usually only post when I disagree. In general, I agree that he sucks.
        4) He's not particularly interesting to me. He is who he is - a petty, petulant, insecure, reactionary egomaniac. Everything he does and says flows very predictably from that. Not too many layers to his onion.
        5) Aside from the original travel ban, he hasn't actually done much of anything yet. I don't see the value in reacting to every idiotic comment and tweet. His words mean nothing; I'm more interested in his actions.

If you want to know what I think about a topic, you can skip the weak "calling out" snark and just ask.

1) No comment on Trump's accusation that the previous President allegedly violated several laws? He's lying, I'm sure. He has adopted Fox News' modus operandi - take some nugget of truth (Obama's handful of questionable FISA requests) and blow it up into a favorable fantasy narrative.

That the FBI is asking the Justice Department to essentially denounce Trumps accusations by simply saying that the FBI had NEVER requested such a wiretap? Good. That's exactly the kind of calm, level-headed blowback that will expose his blustering.

That the President again, spent taxpayers money on what is nothing more than a glorified vacation? It's wrong, and he's a hypocrite with no sense of propriety. Are you surprised? I'm not.

That the people inside the White House are so desperate for some sense of order that they're leaking like a sieve, hoping that something, somewhere, sticks and makes a difference? Possible, but unproven. There are a lot of leaks, but I'm not ready to assign an overarching motive until I get a better sense of where they're coming from.

That the Administration is proposing slashing agencies budgets to the bone, and beyond? Much as I want to see the size and scope of government reduced, I don't trust him to do it wisely. I expect he'll make a wreck of it, and damage the concept in the process.

That there's more linking Trump associates to Russia just about every day? I'm all for a full and fair investigation.

I've been hit with the "defending Republicans" accusation ever since I've posted here. I don't defend them, I attack weak arguments against them, simply because I hate weak arguments. Stick to factual, reasoned, substantive arguments, and you'll rarely hear a peep of protest from me.
        Sorry. I'm still catching up. This was one of the best posts I've read in a long time. Well done and said.
        I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• I'll just leave this here, from everyone's favorite politician, Steve King: "Wilders understands that culture and demographics are our destiny. We can't restore our civilization with somebody else's babies." The tweet got a stamp of approval from David Duke, so there's that.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...bxi?li=BBnbcA1

Comment

• Looks like the GOP might be waking up to the damage that has already been done to their party by Trump. The House Intelligence Committee is asking the WH to produce evidence for Trump's claim that Trump Towers was wiretapped. John McCain is also asking the President to either supply the information or issue a public retractation of his claims. Too little, too late, IMO...

WASHINGTON — The House intelligence committee is asking the Trump administration for evidence that the phones at Trump Tower were tapped during the campaign as its namesake has charged, a request reinforced Sunday by an influential Republican senator who says the president must either come up with the evidence or retract his claim.

"I think the president has one of two choices: either retract or to provide the information that the American people deserve, because, if his predecessor violated the law, President Obama violated the law, we have got a serious issue here, to say the least," Sen. John McCain said.

President Donald Trump asserted in a tweet last week: "Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my 'wires tapped' in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!" He continued the allegation against former President Barack Obama in other tweets but offered no evidence.

The request for evidence by Monday was made in a letter sent to the Justice Department by the House committee chairman, Rep. Devin Nunes, R-Calif., and the panel's ranking Democrat, Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., a senior congressional aide said Saturday. The aide wasn't authorized to discuss the request by name and requested anonymity.

Obama's director of national intelligence, James Clapper, has said that nothing matching Trump's claims had taken place, but that has not quelled speculation that Trump's communications were monitored by the Obama administration. Trump has asked Congress to investigate.

Early this past week, Schiff said the committee would answer the president's call to investigate the claim. He also said he would ask FBI Director James Comey directly when he appears later this month before the full committee, which is investigating Russian activities during the election.

On Sunday, Schiff said he doubted there was any evidence of wiretapping, but that Comey and others called to testify at the upcoming hearing "would be in a position to have to know."

"I think on March 20 if not before we'll be able to put this to rest," Schiff told George Stephanopoulos on ABC's "This Week." ''I don't think anyone has any question about this, George. The only question is why the president would make up such a thing."
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• anything new on Sessions explanation letter that he promised last Monday?

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                anything new on Sessions explanation letter that he promised last Monday?
                That's above his pay grade.
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
                  Lucky, it's as if you don't recall the last 8 years of, "Well what about Bush? Or We'll, Bush was worse!" Come on man, you think this, what is it you keep referring to it as "GOP Whataboutery" or something silly like that, you really think this is new? More likely it just pisses you off more because the other guys are now doing it to your guy. Us Bush people had to swallow boat loads of that crap for years.

Ok. Hanging and listening again. But before I do, a general comment: some of the posters here have real genuine stamina. I posted regularly for about a week and got burned out. Some of you can really keep the level of Trump Derangement Syndrome outrage high for days on end.
                  An odd post.

Certainly I remember many times during the Obama administration when Bush received blame for various situations and circumstances. Bush was blamed for both the terrible economy and for the wars we were fighting when Obama took office. The economy, the wars...sure, Bush had responsibility for some of it, but not for all of it. I think Bush caught the most hell for what many thought was cheerleading us into war by dishonest means.

I'm talking about something different with Trump. When a member of Team Trump sticks their finger in a light socket, they immediately try to find a way to blame it on Obama, or say that Obama did the same thing. 'Obama planned the raid, not us.' 'Obama picked the seven countries.' 'Obama put his feet on the desk.' 'Obama wiretapped me.' 'Obama appointees are secretly ruining my administration.' 'Obama is controlling the protestors.' 'Hey, nobody knew health care was so complicated!'

I can see how a person would get burned out trying to defend this guy, with his wildly inappropriate behavior, virtually non-existent impulse control, grade school concept of government, and tendency to lie at every opportunity.
                  If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

An odd post.

Certainly I remember many times during the Obama administration when Bush received blame for various situations and circumstances. Bush was blamed for both the terrible economy and for the wars we were fighting when Obama took office. The economy, the wars...sure, Bush had responsibility for some of it, but not for all of it. I think Bush caught the most hell for what many thought was cheerleading us into war by dishonest means.

I'm talking about something different with Trump. When a member of Team Trump sticks their finger in a light socket, they immediately try to find a way to blame it on Obama, or say that Obama did the same thing. 'Obama planned the raid, not us.' 'Obama picked the seven countries.' 'Obama put his feet on the desk.' 'Obama wiretapped me.' 'Obama appointees are secretly ruining my administration.' 'Obama is controlling the protestors.' 'Hey, nobody knew health care was so complicated!'

I can see how a person would get burned out trying to defend this guy, with his wildly inappropriate behavior, virtually non-existent impulse control, grade school concept of government, and tendency to lie at every opportunity.
                    First, no harm was intended, Respectfully, if you're implying that I'm an Trump defender, I don't believe I've ever defended Trump at least not intentionally. What I was attempting to point out to you was that you seem surprised at the level of GOPwhataboutery or whatever you called it when shit gets thrown at the feet of the GOP (not the party but the people/voters who identify with it). This whataboutery isn't new, it was Teamobamawahataboutery before this and bush2whatabouturey before that and so on. Nothing new here. Is it more prevalent today, how does one begin to measure this? Most certainly it is because only during Obama did we have social media near the current levels. Also it's much easier to spot when you're in the out of power side.

My second comment of stamina wasn't focused at you. Just a general observation.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

First, no harm was intended, Respectfully, if you're implying that I'm an Trump defender, I don't believe I've ever defended Trump at least not intentionally. What I was attempting to point out to you was that you seem surprised at the level of GOPwhataboutery or whatever you called it when shit gets thrown at the feet of the GOP (not the party but the people/voters who identify with it). This whataboutery isn't new, it was Teamobamawahataboutery before this and bush2whatabouturey before that and so on. Nothing new here. Is it more prevalent today, how does one begin to measure this? Most certainly it is because only during Obama did we have social media near the current levels. Also it's much easier to spot when you're in the out of power side.

My second comment of stamina wasn't focused at you. Just a general observation.
                      No, I don't count you among the Trump Defenders.

As for those who seem to blame Obama for everything, I wasn't even talking about the millions of social media posters who have made this a passion. I'm speaking of the Trump Administration itself. And we are only 50 days in.

Comment

As for those who seem to blame Obama for everything, I wasn't even talking about the millions of social media posters who have made this a passion. I'm speaking of the Trump Administration itself. And we are only 50 days in.
                        every day I still wonder why this and the lies are still acceptable to so many people both civilians and government people

Comment

every day I still wonder why this and the lies are still acceptable to so many people both civilians and government people
                          But are they? Who is finding it acceptable? Maybe his Admin staff and appointees, which is very disappointing but we're we really expecting anything less from people leaching on his power? Maybe is fiehard supporters, but most people are calling bullshit in him everyday. Unfortunately there isn't anything the vast majority can do about...yet. But that day is coming.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

But are they? Who is finding it acceptable? Maybe his Admin staff and appointees, which is very disappointing but we're we really expecting anything less from people leaching on his power? but everyone is calling bullshit in him everyday. Unfortunately there isn't anything the vast majority can do about...yet. But that day is coming.
                            I dream that day is coming, but I really dont see elected GOP officials calling him on his bullshit and doing anything about it and those few like McCain have said something but have done nothing acting on it (hopefully behind the scenes).

Make me happy - post a few example - please

Comment

No, I don't count you among the Trump Defenders.

I know that this apples to oranges, given the growing economic crisis that the country in the world were facing, but with the early days of the Obama ministration there was a lot of Bush bashing going on. And, I know we may not agree on this, at least not to the extent of fault, I don't believe that Bush administration was solely responsible for the economic crisis. Certainly it was easy to blame George W. Bush and his policies, but that would excuse 25 years of policymaking prior that led to the perfect storm. Let's be honest if somebody in the Trump administration actually came out and said that's a lie and he knows it how long do you think that person would be in the Trump administration? End of week, end of day or end of hour? Sadly this is politics as usual, and as Dr. Gregory House once said, "everybody lies."

Ronald Reagan

Comment

I dream that day is coming, but I really dont see elected GOP officials calling him on his bullshit and doing anything about it and those few like McCain have said something but have done nothing acting on it (hopefully behind the scenes).

Make me happy - post a few example - please
                                It only takes a spark to get the fire going. I personally feel as if McCain, Lindsey Graham, Marco Rubio (as I take these names I thought occurs to me, for shit sakes anyone of those would've been a better better president!) and a few others are sparking. I'm hoping Paul Ryan will soon join the growing chorus.

Well these are not necessarily the examples you're looking for, I personally believe there is hope for a growing chorus of dissension. Unfortunately, these things take time to take Root and there is always a "honeymoon" of sorts even for Trump, as the rest of the party tries to figure out exactly how to work with him. When they find they can't, the shit will hit the fan.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Working...
                                X