This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
    The fact that you see it that way (if you actually do) says a lot about the problem.
    You don't see it this way? Do you think cnn and msnbc are impartial?
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
      You don't see it this way? Do you think cnn and msnbc are impartial?
      Read your own post. I'm not answering any of your alternative fact-based question. You said a Trump voter had a choice between Fox and "democrat news (everyone else)". Not CNN/MSNBC.

So your are stuck with defending what you said, unless you want to retract your statement.
      If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Read your own post. I'm not answering any of your alternative fact-based question. You said a Trump voter had a choice between Fox and "democrat news (everyone else)". Not CNN/MSNBC.

So your are stuck with defending what you said, unless you want to retract your statement.
        fox is a cable news network, there are two others it competes with.
        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Most news outlets have a preferred bias - its what drives their clickbait and who their target audience is.

The sooner we come to realize that the NEWS INDUSTRY is just that - another advertising market - we can at least understand why they appear to have lost much of their neutrality.
          It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
          Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Sean Spicer is such an insult to our intelligence. I feel my brain cells melting away every second I watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
              Most news outlets have a preferred bias - its what drives their clickbait and who their target audience is.

The sooner we come to realize that the NEWS INDUSTRY is just that - another advertising market - we can at least understand why they appear to have lost much of their neutrality.
              The News Industry has always been monetized, it's what allowed them to buy ther equipment they needed, to emply the best in their field, and to pursue stories no matter where they may lead. Are the cable nets different? Sure...that have to try to attract viewers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. And Fox has figured out a way to have a loyal audience simply by pandering to them. Yet they still have their independent voices, Chris Matthews, Shepard Smith and the like...even Bill O'Reilly has his moments. Unfortunately, they also have Sean Hannity and Fox and Friends, the most insipid and partisan hackery in the business.

MSNBC made the unfortunate choice to try to become the liberal Fox News, and it hasn't worked. CNN was called the Clinton News Network...do you realize how long it's been since he was President? They've made a lot of changes and now play things pretty much down the middle, you may not think so, but it's pretty true.

And there's also a big difference between actual news, and opinion shows.

This President is the best thing for independent journalism...that's why sycophants like Trey Gowdy are more concerned with getting the FBI Director to try to find, and prosecute, the "leakers" and the journalists who publish their information.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• It was telling to listen to the questioners in the hearing today...and the antics of some. And despite all we've seen, I was still shocked that the President, while the hearing was ongoing, was tweeting things which were factually contrary to the actual testimony taking place. So the Congressman would read the tweet and ask..."Did you express that opinion?" And the witness would say "No, I didn't".

Trump still says he has evidence. Why doesn't he bring it forth and put us all out of our misery? (But I'm guessing that he will claim what he meant was that Obama hires still in the White House were spying on him and giving information to journalists on the outside...something plausible for which he would never provide concrete proof, and something which could never be disproven. He's now making a big deal about putting the phone tapping allegation in "quotes" two out of the four times.)
                If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Sean Spicer is such an insult to our intelligence. I feel my brain cells melting away every second I watch.
                  Spicer today, even more outrageous than usual, was trying to distance the White House from Manafort and Flynn, essentially characterizing them as a couple of random guys who were just hanging around the campaign.

Comment

Spicer today, even more outrageous than usual, was trying to distance the White House from Manafort and Flynn, essentially characterizing them as a couple of random guys who were just hanging around the campaign.
                    Chief of Staff is just some clinger around the campaign. LOL

Comment

• Spicer answered a question about the hypocrisy of Trump's golfing habits by saying he "uses the game differently than Obama did. He uses it to conduct international diplomacy."

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Did this guy really just imply that Obama wasn't or couldn't have been doing the same? Like playing golf with key executives/diplomats is some newfangled thing The Donald discovered?

This Spicer guy makes my ears bleed with his nonsense.

Comment

• Why does he do these rallies? Is it simply to make him feel good? How much do these cost taxpayers?

Comment

• The more I read about the budget, the bans, the tweets it is becoming clear to me--Trump is setting the country up to be cleaned out by corporations and the wealthy. He's making the Government a profit generator for those who can and will take advantage of it.

Just like his other businesses, he'll doubletalk his way into a deal, bilk it dry and defraud people to make off with more and more money.

Try not being distracted by his bluster and bullshit because Trump is a good showman, he knows how to keep you distracted while he picks your pocket. He's been doing it for decades.

Sure we'll rally and fix the problem in 2 or 4 years, but he and his cronies will be gone and with it, Billions of our dollars.
                          Last edited by Moonlight J; 03-21-2017, 09:15 AM. Reason: last line was outside the scope of our social contract
                          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                            To those of you still supporting this...##redacted##.
                            Can't stand Trump, but....

Comment

• Let's review, shall we?

> The FBI is investigating all ties to Russia, including Trump insiders.

> The FBI said definitively that there was Russian involvement in the Presidential Campaign.

> Comey said that it was a "fairly easy judgement" that the Russians wanted Trump to win.

> Comey Said that there was NO wiretapping of Trump or Trump Towers.

> The GOP seems to be far more interested in the leaks, and potentially prosecuting the reporters who report those leaks, than actually focusing on subject of said leaks.

> Oh yeah, most importantly, Ivanka Trump is going to get West Wing office.
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• The hearing was a tale of 2 cities. One side of aisle is interested in finding out about the unprecedented attack on our country, and the layers of ties within WH. Other, not so much, just want to talk leaks.
                                Twitterverse:
                                The house is on fire, Trump is running around with a box of matches, and the GOP demands to know who called the fire department.
                                — Garry Kasparov

Comment

Working...
                                X