This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    Yeah, I think that in early '18 he'll have poisoned the well to an extent that even the GOP can't hold their noses anymore...
    This entire administration reminds me of someone or a group of someones who knows the jig is up and they're scurrying around trying anything to avoid thier impending doom.

Comment

• FBI Director James Comey is asking the Justice Department to publicly reject Trumps claims about President Obama wiretapping Trump Tower prior to the election.

WASHINGTON — The F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, asked the Justice Department this weekend to publicly reject President Trump’s assertion that President Barack Obama ordered the tapping of Mr. Trump’s phones, senior American officials said on Sunday. Mr. Comey has argued that the highly charged claim is false and must be corrected, they said, but the department has not released any such statement.

Mr. Comey, who made the request on Saturday after Mr. Trump leveled his allegation on Twitter, has been working to get the Justice Department to knock down the claim because it falsely insinuates that the F.B.I. broke the law, the officials said.

A spokesman for the F.B.I. declined to comment. Sarah Isgur Flores, the spokeswoman for the Justice Department, also declined to comment.

Mr. Comey’s request is a remarkable rebuke of a sitting president, putting the nation’s top law enforcement official in the position of questioning Mr. Trump’s truthfulness. The confrontation between the two is the most serious consequence of Mr. Trump’s weekend Twitter outburst, and it underscores the dangers of what the president and his aides have unleashed by accusing the former president of a conspiracy to undermine Mr. Trump’s young administration.

The Trump toadies went on the air today to try and defend the boss, but even they sounded like their heart wasn't in it anymore. Oh yeah, Trump supposedly kicked Reince Priebus off of Air Force One right before it took for another weekend in...you guess it, Florida. The center cannot hold...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• and the Republican members of congress still remain quiet in their upholding the constitution

https://www.senate.gov/artandhistory...ath_Office.htm

Comment

• Does Trump not realize that being the president isn't a 9-5/M-Fri job?
          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
            Does Trump not realize that being the president isn't a 9-5/M-Fri job?
            You think that he actually puts in a 40 hour week? Fat chance...
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Not sure where to put this so I'll put it here...

props to the NYT for pointing this out:
              What powerful political woman is mocked for her clothes, is the target of pictures on Twitter depicting her as haggard and is routinely called a witch and a bitch?

If you guessed Hillary Clinton, you’re right.

But if you guessed Kellyanne Conway, you’re right, too.

Misogyny, it seems, remains a bipartisan exercise. Whatever legitimate criticisms can be leveled at each woman, it’s striking how often that anger is expressed using the same sexist themes, from women as well as men.
              https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/05/u...criticism.html
              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                Not sure where to put this so I'll put it here...

props to the NYT for pointing this out:
                https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/05/u...criticism.html
                Yep, here's another one that must have slipped thru the cracks:
                WASHINGTON (AP) — A Louisiana congressman has apologized for making a crude joke about White House adviser Kellyanne Conway.

i guess it's ok, since it was a joke and no one in the room brought it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                  Yep, here's another one that must have slipped thru the cracks:
                  WASHINGTON (AP) — A Louisiana congressman has apologized for making a crude joke about White House adviser Kellyanne Conway.

i guess it's ok, since it was a joke and no one in the room brought it up.
                  I find Conway to be a horrible, lieing human being, but making fun of her in sexual and mysogynistic ways is not right
                  but get your filthy shoes off the damn couch, stop texting and pay attention

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                    I find Conway to be a horrible, lieing human being, but making fun of her in sexual and mysogynistic ways is not right
                    but get your filthy shoes off the damn couch, stop texting and pay attention
                    She must have been texting, 'cuz she's a girl, and that's what girls do, right?

Or maybe she was on the couch with her phone because she was attempting to take a good picture from a particular angle...

If you're going to do the phony outrage dance, you should at least try to get the basic facts straight.
                    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Did anyone here bring it up? If you're going to criticize the liberals for phony outrage, you should at least catch them in the act of doing so.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        Did anyone here bring it up? If you're going to criticize the liberals for phony outrage, you should at least catch them in the act of doing so.
                        Of course no one brought it up--it's not as important as Trump's bathrobe status

Comment

Did anyone here bring it up? If you're going to criticize the liberals for phony outrage, you should at least catch them in the act of doing so.
                          Um... yes.

Originally posted by swampdragon
                          but get your filthy shoes off the damn couch, stop texting and pay attention.
                          Anybody else want to jump in and be demonstrably wrong?
                          "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                          "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                          "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Half the posts in this thread are phony outrage.

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                              Um... yes.

Anybody else want to jump in and be demonstrably wrong?
                              I never contributed to the outrage re Conway, but do you #1 think it's appropriate for anyone to sit on the Oval Office furniture that way? #2 Know of anything like it happening before? #3 disagree that if Michelle Obama were photographed in the same situation as Conway the outrage from the Right would not have been deafening?

That said, so much obvious hypocrisy has been on display regarding women in the White House recently nothing surprises me now.
                              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                                Half the posts in this thread are phony outrage.
                                Why I NEVER!!
                                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X