This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    Was last night his best speech? I was out of pocket and did not hear it. The few reports that I read today said it was good.
    I only heard part of it but I LOLed when he mentioned clean drinking water and air then felt like punching a wall when he said he was going to create a program that would help victims of immigrants. Sure, helping victims is always nice but to single out immigrants is just plain hateful and wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
      I only heard part of it but I LOLed when he mentioned clean drinking water and air then felt like punching a wall when he said he was going to create a program that would help victims of immigrants. Sure, helping victims is always nice but to single out immigrants is just plain hateful and wrong.
      I only saw about the last 1/3 of it due to a late meeting. I don't agree with most of his positions, but at least he didn't say fake news a million times so I'll consider it a small victory. I did laugh at the end when he said the time for trivial fights is over, considering he is the king of trivial fights. But, since I didn't see most of the speech, I'll just assume that it was him repeating his policies, Republicans standing up and giving standing ovations, and Democrats either not clapping or clapping politely.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
        I only saw about the last 1/3 of it due to a late meeting. I don't agree with most of his positions, but at least he didn't say fake news a million times so I'll consider it a small victory. I did laugh at the end when he said the time for trivial fights is over, considering he is the king of trivial fights. But, since I didn't see most of the speech, I'll just assume that it was him repeating his policies, Republicans standing up and giving standing ovations, and Democrats either not clapping or clapping politely.
        On the trivial fight thing...VP Pence was offered up to every news outlet this morning, except...CNN. Nope, time for trivial fights are over! Except when I get pissy, says DT.

Yeah, the speech was nothing more than a warmed over rally speech with the red meat taken out. Because he managed to read the teleprompter and not break into a rage, pundits deemed it "Presidential". Pretty low bar was set there. I also cringed when he trotted out the sobbing widow of the Navy seal, and put her on display for over 2 minutes. But it was another moment that most saw as touching...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          On the trivial fight thing...VP Pence was offered up to every news outlet this morning, except...CNN. Nope, time for trivial fights are over! Except when I get pissy, says DT.

Yeah, the speech was nothing more than a warmed over rally speech with the red meat taken out. Because he managed to read the teleprompter and not break into a rage, pundits deemed it "Presidential". Pretty low bar was set there. I also cringed when he trotted out the sobbing widow of the Navy seal, and put her on display for over 2 minutes. But it was another moment that most saw as touching...
          Here is his quote from yesterday's Fox interview: "My generals are the most respected that we've had in many decades I believe. And they lost Ryan." That is our Commander-in-Chief.

Hugh Hewitt, my least favorite lawyer/stooge was spinning at max RPMs. He said what Trump really meant was that the SEALS lost Ryan, as in they lost one of their own.

These are not the droids you are looking for.
          If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• I expect my president to be able to read, when he does so, I do not find it impressive
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
              I expect my president to be able to read, when he does so, I do not find it impressive
              Must not have thought much of the previous president, either, then, eh?

My favorite response to the speech was:

Imagine all the tatted, gauged, man-bunned and pussy-hatted young progs who tuned in hoping to see someone like Kamala Harris give the Dem response. Instead they got Gramps at Cracker Barrel.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• My favorite response to the speech was:

"Imagine all the tatted, gauged, man-bunned and pussy-hatted young progs who tuned in hoping to see someone like Kamala Harris give the Dem response. Instead they got Gramps at Cracker Barrel."

This "joke" is a good example of why the right isn't funny. Is this supposed to insult the young progs, Kamala Harris, Gramps at Cracker Barrel, or all three?
                If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post

"Imagine all the tatted, gauged, man-bunned and pussy-hatted young progs who tuned in hoping to see someone like Kamala Harris give the Dem response. Instead they got Gramps at Cracker Barrel."

This "joke" is a good example of why the right isn't funny. Is this supposed to insult the young progs, Kamala Harris, Gramps at Cracker Barrel, or all three?
                  Just how out of touch your party leadership is with key members who are less than amused with recent DNC performance. Seriously, your party couldn't find better than a retired governor in a diner?

And, yeah, Gramps was pretty pathetic. Unlike the present and previous president, he couldn't even successfully read his lines.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    Just how out of touch your party leadership is with key members who are less than amused with recent DNC performance. Seriously, your party couldn't find better than a retired governor in a diner?

And, yeah, Gramps was pretty pathetic. Unlike the present and previous president, he couldn't even successfully read his lines.
                    I don't think they were simply looking for someone to read copy. (Whatever happened to Trump's thing about teleprompters being for losers?)

Steve Beshear worked hard to make health insurance a reality for tens of thousands of Kentucky citizens. The Party thought he would be a fitting person to present the case against the reckless ideas floating around GOP watercoolers these days.

Here's what I think is pathetic. How many votes did the GOP take to repeal Obamacare, when they knew it was just posturing? Now that they have the House, the Senate, and a President to sign whatever they send him, how many times have they held a vote to repeal Obamacare?

What a bunch of pussies.

Comment

• The GOP position is now apparently that the ACA and Obamacare are two different things entirely, with Obamacare being those portions of the ACA that nobody likes. So they will keep their campaign promises to repeal Obamacare, while actually keeping the vast majority of the ACA, but taking out a few of the provisions of the evil subset.

I guess it was really true that nobody knew health care could be so complicated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post

I LOL'd.
                        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                          I LOL'd.
                          You tell it better.

After his odd remark about Obama, it fell flat the first time. I didn't lol, but I saw some humor. He said "man-bunned". Hehe.

Comment

• Alright, he's really going off the rails now...Trump-tweeting this morning about President Obama wiretapping his phones at Trump Tower, calling it a "Nixon/Watergate" plot. He also called the former President a "bad (or sick) guy!" Exclamation point his, of course. Trump, as usual, offered zero proof of his allegations. Supposedly, these allegations have been circulating in the Breitbart area, which has filtered to the WH.

BTW, he's on "vacation" down in Florida...again.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• He should be getting a permanent vacation soon...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hodor View Post
                                He should be getting a permanent vacation soon...
                                Yeah, I think that in early '18 he'll have poisoned the well to an extent that even the GOP can't hold their noses anymore...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X