This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    Backing out of the Correspondents dinner.

Dude must be grabbing himself by himself.

Pussy.

Just in case some of you didn't get it.

Fucking thin skinned coward,

He won't last the year.
    I give him two years, the GOP is complicit in most everything that he doing so far, not much pushback. So when the 2018 midterms come home to roost, I think that he'll bow out.

BTW, your boy Bernie isn't happy with the way the DNC election was handled, and he's deciding not to play nice. Not surprising to see the Dems screw up a 1 car parade...

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump

Congratulations to Thomas Perez, who has just been named Chairman of the DNC. I could not be happier for him, or for the Republican Party!

4:02 PM - 25 Feb 2017

24,186 24,186 Retweets 99,798 99,798 likes

"No, he doesn't have a point," Sanders said, before offering a criticism of an election process that put the party leadership decision in the hands of the mere 447 voting members of the DNC. "That's what the system is -- and one of the things [new DNC Chairman Tom Perez] is going to have to change is to figure out how we elect national Democratic leaders. I'm not quite impressed with the process that exists."

The race for DNC chair had come to be seen as a proxy war between Sanders' progressive wing of the party and the Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton centrist supporters, who backed Perez.

Sanders also implied in response to Tapper's questioning that he would not give the DNC his presidential campaign's massive email list, which shattered previous records by raising $218 million online from 2.8 million donors.

The list will be used "to transform the Democratic Party into a party that stands for working families," he said, implying that he wants his new group, Our Revolution, to decide which candidates will get access to that list and reap its benefits.
    Bernie Sanders said on “State of the Union” Sunday that he doesn’t believe his candidate for Democratic National Committee chairman, Minnesota Rep. Keith Ellison, was defeated Saturday because the election was rigged, but the system could use some retooling.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Backing out of the Correspondents dinner.

Dude must be grabbing himself by himself.

Pussy.

Just in case some of you didn't get it.

Fucking thin skinned coward,

He won't last the year.
      being afraid of people, specifically the press, is not very presidential

I'm 100% serious, they should invite Obama, or martin sheen, and have him do it as a West Wing thing....
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        The thing is to keep your eye on the ball, all of this Trump nonsense about the press and being the enemy of the people is nothing more than a cheap magicians trick. What they're scared about is the press finally connecting the dots to Russia and the Trump connections there. The story is slowly being uncovered, and the Trump people are trying everything to distract from that.

And really, enough with the "well he did it too" nonsense...it doesn't matter. What matters is that it's happening now, and it can't be condoned or excused.
        I haven't paid much attention to the whole Trump/Russia story. So what do you think really went on ? When they connect the dots what will be exposed ?
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Prompted by recent events:

Did Bernie and other Ellison supporters have a huge problem with the DNC election process before the election? I don't remember hearing a lot about it before Tom Perez won.

I think that applies to a lot of the Berners who didn't support the Democratic ticket and now seem intent on blowing up the Party. Even the ones who consider themselves activists have the mindset that the Party must reach out and cater to them...persuade them to get on board. One state chairman said of Tom Perez that she would work with him, but that he would have to "build the bridge".

I guess Perez represents the Democratic wing of the Democratic Party.

Trump is truly a whiny child for announcing he will skip the correspondents' dinner. Sure, they would take some massive shots at him. But if you're a real man, you don't call the press the most dishonest people in the word and an enemy of the people and then dodge the payback. Even W went up there and took his lumps, and was pretty damn funny doing it.

Can the (non-Republican) Trump supporters just go ahead and admit that he is a chronic liar, and that he even lies about things that don't matter anymore? Like the size of his crowds, the historical proportions of his electoral college win, the busing of voters into New Hampshire, etc.

Can Trump or his supporters defend any administration action without blaming Obama, Clinton or the Democratic Party? He's even started blaming Bush, saying his order putting Bannon on the NSC was just copied from a Bush order. Can this guy take any responsibility? Does the buck ever stop with him?
          If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

In 2008 he excluded a couple of reporters on a flight, but that was during the 2008 campaign before he was elected. Other than that, there's no record of anything similar to what the current Admin did today.
            Fox News was excluded from interviews with Kenneth Feinberg in '09, before the other major news orgs banded together to get it reversed. The interview was setup by the Treasury Department, but it's clear they were on the same page as Obama.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Fox News was excluded from interviews with Kenneth Feinberg in '09, before the other major news orgs banded together to get it reversed. The interview was setup by the Treasury Department, but it's clear they were on the same page as Obama.
              I'm aware of this however it's, in my opinion, a false equivalency.

First, the white house reversed the decision, unlike the current administration.

Secondly, it was a singular interview with a low level staff member, is not the same as a white house press briefing.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                I haven't paid much attention to the whole Trump/Russia story. So what do you think really went on ? When they connect the dots what will be exposed ?
                I answered this in the Russia thread, thanks to Mandy...LOL.

But yes, I do believe that the dots will eventually be connected and lead to something...how big, I really don't know. But we do know that Trump and his people are lying about not having connections to Russia, it's been shown to be the case by just about every intelligence agency.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post

I think that applies to a lot of the Berners who didn't support the Democratic ticket and now seem intent on blowing up the Party. Even the ones who consider themselves activists have the mindset that the Party must reach out and cater to them...persuade them to get on board. One state chairman said of Tom Perez that she would work with him, but that he would have to "build the bridge".

I guess Perez represents the Democratic wing of the Democratic Party.
                  Is this surprising ? Don't political parties need to sell themselves in order to attract and hold onto members ? Do all liberals/leftists/progressives "owe" their support to the Democratic Party ? If people don't believe in the actions of the Democratic Party some of them are going to leave or not vote for them. It seems like for you maybe it is a question of loyalty, and if you identify as a Democrat you should support them regardless of there actions and positions ? Not trying to be confrontational, just trying to understand your thought process

When Revo posted that the Democrats should include an African American in the next ticket because otherwise they wouldn't turn out in large numbers no one seemed to question this. There seems to be an understanding, at least in that instance, that you need to offer something to gain support. But that clearly isn't the thought process when it comes to "Berners". Seems there is a lot of lingering anger that they cost the Democrats the presidency that isn't applied to other groups.
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Is this surprising ? Don't political parties need to sell themselves in order to attract and hold onto members ? Do all liberals/leftists/progressives "owe" their support to the Democratic Party ? If people don't believe in the actions of the Democratic Party some of them are going to leave or not vote for them. It seems like for you maybe it is a question of loyalty, and if you identify as a Democrat you should support them regardless of there actions and positions ? Not trying to be confrontational, just trying to understand your thought process

When Revo posted that the Democrats should include an African American in the next ticket because otherwise they wouldn't turn out in large numbers no one seemed to question this. There seems to be an understanding, at least in that instance, that you need to offer something to gain support. But that clearly isn't the thought process when it comes to "Berners". Seems there is a lot of lingering anger that they cost the Democrats the presidency that isn't applied to other groups.
                    I will answer the first part of your post, assuming that was the only part addressed to me. I pushed back hard on the notion that the Dems should decide in advance that any certain ethnic group should be slotted on the ticket.

As for my part of the post, here is my thinking. I think a party member should work to make the party better, not work to tear it down. When you have a large "wing" of voters, each who feel the party should cater to their individual issues, there will never be a united effort.

The Berners are loyal only to themselves. They proved this when they refused even to accept the endorsement of Hillary by their movement's leader. Many of their most vocal advocates had little idea how the process worked when this cycle began, yet they loudly condemned it as "rigged" against their candidate.

So yes, I think loyalty is important. Not blind loyalty, but a loyalty which causes members to make it the best party it can be with the best platform and the best candidates possible. And, most importantly, once that platform and those candidates are in place, those loyal members have to go out and vote with the party. That is what I expect.

I'm not trying to be confrontational, but do you think that is an unreasonable expectation? Whether an organization is corporate, military, religious, civic, or otherwise, members provide input in accordance with the relevant rules, and, once a decision is made under the relevant rules, the members are expected to carry that out. If not, the organization falls apart.

If the members are not prepared to do that, they should not join the organization in the first place. Do you see anything wrong with this analysis?

+
                    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

I will answer the first part of your post, assuming that was the only part addressed to me. I pushed back hard on the notion that the Dems should decide in advance that any certain ethnic group should be slotted on the ticket.

As for my part of the post, here is my thinking. I think a party member should work to make the party better, not work to tear it down. When you have a large "wing" of voters, each who feel the party should cater to their individual issues, there will never be a united effort.

The Berners are loyal only to themselves. They proved this when they refused even to accept the endorsement of Hillary by their movement's leader. Many of their most vocal advocates had little idea how the process worked when this cycle began, yet they loudly condemned it as "rigged" against their candidate.

So yes, I think loyalty is important. Not blind loyalty, but a loyalty which causes members to make it the best party it can be with the best platform and the best candidates possible. And, most importantly, once that platform and those candidates are in place, those loyal members have to go out and vote with the party. That is what I expect.

I'm not trying to be confrontational, but do you think that is an unreasonable expectation? Whether an organization is corporate, military, religious, civic, or otherwise, members provide input in accordance with the relevant rules, and, once a decision is made under the relevant rules, the members are expected to carry that out. If not, the organization falls apart.

If the members are not prepared to do that, they should not join the organization in the first place. Do you see anything wrong with this analysis?

+
                      I think you can expect whatever you want from party members, but if they don't support what the organization is promoting they will leave. And blaming and criticizing them isn't likely to help retain them.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• the man orders his NY strip steaks well done and puts ketchup on them. #NotMyPresident

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                          the man orders his NY strip steaks well done and puts ketchup on them. #NotMyPresident
                          I'm no fan of Donald Trump, but if I was, this would be the last straw. Some things just can't be tolerated.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I'm no fan of Donald Trump, but if I was, this would be the last straw. Some things just can't be tolerated.
                            Yeah, who orders any steak well done.....the must be Blood!
                            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

The Berners are loyal only to themselves. They proved this when they refused even to accept the endorsement of Hillary
                              To add on to my last post, since you now know Berners are loyal only to themselves what is your strategy to get them to vote for Democratic in 2018 and 2020. Are you going to shame them ? Or are you going to ignore their input and then blame them when you lose again ?
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

To add on to my last post, since you now know Berners are loyal only to themselves what is your strategy to get them to vote for Democratic in 2018 and 2020. Are you going to shame them ? Or are you going to ignore their input and then blame them when you lose again ?
                                Let me turn the question on you...what would YOU do to earn their votes? I really don't know that you can have their loyalty without their leader going in whole hog as a rank and file Democrat, but I can assume that there's a way to earn their vote...is there?

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X