This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
    How about asking this, who likes the appointment of Bannon as the singular most important voice to Trump in executive branch?

On 11-30-2016 When PaleoMan said:
    "In my estimation, Bannon is the best potential feature about the Trump Administration bar none. I hope you realize that Alt Right is anyone not mainstream conservative, which is a noxious, soulless brand in my humble opinion. "
    See, an honest poster who owns that what he specifically liked about Trump was Bannon, and it was because Bannon was not main stream conservative, but Alt-right. No need to be coy, act like the term is foreign to you, at same time feel it is offensive enough you need a list of names.
    Not being coy--other than a negative connotation, i dont know what the phrase means. What i do know is i think its BS for you to use a term you equate with the klan with posters in the room without being specific. Dont lob a bomb and then run away. Be honest like PaleoMan

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
      No offense, I don't buy this at all. I've worked construction and oil fields. My father was a construction worker. I grew up around construction workers. My grandfather worked for 53 years in a refinery. I know how construction workers, tradesmen, and craftsmen talk. Trump doesn't speak that way. And Trump would get the shit beat out of him every day talking that way on a construction site if he didn't own it.

There's something else there to it. It's been suggested that he's dyslexic, which would explain some of the personality traits, such as the thin skin and the excessive boasting, which rarely but sometimes coincide with adult dyslexia. To say that he is folksy or still used to being around the working man just isn't enough to explain it. I'm open to feasible explanations, though I do not accept "dumb" as the answer.

And just to be clear, he didn't attend the Wharton MBA program, which I know is what I think of when someone says "Wharton". He went two years undergrad at Fordham, transferred to Penn and did his last two years in the Wharton undergrad program. (But nobody there remembers him, and he won't release his transcripts.)

It was simply an attempt to answer a question asked. I didn't say it was THE definitive and final answer, just a supposition on my part.
      I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• no0ts, i have been specific in what I have been asking, and you deliberately cannot understand what I have been saying. Its not possible for me to hand hold you anymore and be any clearer. We can at this point assume we are just not speaking same language, or else you need to hear something that is not there. I would appreciate if you could troll someone else for a minute, and we can do this again tomorrow going in circles.

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
          Am I really having to defend that my examples didnt come from middle america?.
          I am not intellectually nimble enough, I guess, to have understood that your comment something more than literal.

Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
          Would it have been better that I say - it seems that people living in typically "blue" areas apparently dont know the difference of right or wrong. Glad that the people in middle America "red" areas apparently do.
          I would have responded differently and told you I disagree with that statement. Sorry you're angry. I'll try to do better.

As for the question "Do we really know right from wrong?" I guess I'd better verify if you asking this in a literal or figurative sense. If literal, I'd yes, WE do, but I can't speak for everyone. If figuritve, then I'd say, I sure hope you haven't lost that much faith in the people of this country to really ask such a question. The vast majority of people do know right from wrong. These examples are isolated and one-offs of people being dicks. The girl lighting hair on fire, does she know? She sure as shit knows right from wrong, especially when someone's doing something shitty to her. But, does she have enough empathy to understand that this is a great big world and everyone doesn't agree on everything, apparently not. But, apparently she felt so strongly that she didn't need to worry about other people's rights when she tried to light hiard on fire on someone who didn't stand with her.

I choose not to lose faith in humanity. But, it not a blue state/red state, liberal/conservative, GOP/DEM, American/Euporean, etc., etc. thing. Its a people thing and we al have right to respect and dignity, and to disagree without violence or harm.
          I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• I've answered every question youve asked of me

Comment

Not only Blue states got into the swing. Texas women got happy, too. Reports were 10,000 in Dallas, 20,000 in Houston and 50,000 in Autin, the most liberal city. Crowd size for the march in Abilene was 1.5 million.
              Again, I was suggesting it was a Blue State, Red State thing. I was suggesting it was largely in major metro areas. There weren't a like of women from Edgerton Wisconsin marching or Rockford Illinois.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
                It was simply an attempt to answer a question asked. I didn't say it was THE definitive and final answer, just a supposition on my part.
                I understand. It's a theory, but I think there is something more to it. I don't know what it is, and I'm not comfortable with those who say he just isn't smart. Some have said he doesn't read well, which is a completely different thing. Before I was old enough to do actual construction, I worked in the office. Lots of new hires would come in to do their paperwork, and I could tell from looking in their eyes they couldn't read it, so I would say something like "hey, you didn't bring your glasses today", or "hey, that print is awfully small". But they were smart and good at their jobs. Most of them started working in the fields when they were just kids and had no formal education at all.

I know Trump graduated college, but you can get through college without reading well, too. I was straight up when I said people didn't remember him. He wasn't involved in any activities. Published reports say only one fellow student actually remembers him being in class. It was undergrad, so attendance is often optional. Who knows what his grades were?

One the one hand he doesn't seem to like intellectuals that much, but on the other hand he bragged that his cabinet had the highest IQ in history. I'm guessing he eked out the W over Thomas Jefferson's crew. James Madison carried his weight, but Henry Dearborn was a slacker.
                If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                  I thought the article below was good. I hope the Democratic Party changes for the better, but from what I've seen that is unlikely.

The Democrats' central weakness comes from being a party of business but having to pretend otherwise.

What do you say to the people who say that now is not the time to “re-litigate” what happened in the primaries and the presidential election? That we have to put it behind us and paper over these differences to fight Trump?

I think we really need to get serious about how we’re going to fight the viciousness that’s about to descend upon us. And we can’t fight that unless we understand how we got here....If you care about those people, and you should, then you should really try to understand why Donald Trump won the election. If you want to shield Hillary Clinton as a candidate, and the Democratic Party as an institution, from that kind of scrutiny, you’re not doing any favors to the people you claim to be representing. You’re really just hurting them in the long run.
                  "They're the party of business that has to pretend not to be" sums it up very well.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Again, I was suggesting it was a Blue State, Red State thing. I was suggesting it was largely in major metro areas. There weren't a like of women from Edgerton Wisconsin marching or Rockford Illinois.
                    Yeah, but there are only 1700 women in Edgerton between the ages of 18 and 64. I wouldn't expect a lot of sisterhood in the streets (or parks).

Then again, they may have been frightened away by Edgerton's patently unconstitutional loitering ordinance.

I have no information whatsoever on Rockford.
                    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Yeah, but there are only 1700 women in Edgerton between the ages of 18 and 64. I wouldn't expect a lot of sisterhood in the streets (or parks).

Then again, they may have been frightened away by Edgerton's patently unconstitutional loitering ordinance.

Me either!! But, my ex-brother in law was a Judge in Winnebago County (Rockford) though. He's retired.

Just trying to stay on topic. Something something about Judges... It it changes quickly around here.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Again, with the overestimates, I gonna have to start call'n you "Trump" You're Lucky I don't! There aren't even 1700 women in Edgerton, unless you count the Cows.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Again, with the overestimates, I gonna have to start call'n you "Trump" You're Lucky I don't! There aren't even 1700 women in Edgerton, unless you count the Cows.
                          Okay, there are 5461 people in Edgerton according to the 2010 census. Of those, 51.2% are women. Of those women, approximately 61.2% are between the ages of 18 and 64. That comes out to 1711. The population has trended steadily upwards over the last hundred years. I'm comfortable with that estimate.

And please don't call me Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                            Maybe the problem is that alt right is acceptable to some here
                            considering there's only a handful of moderate to conservative posters here, it shouldnt be hard for you to list a few names. I'm curious also.
                            "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Oh, hell. Let's make it simple. Everyone in favor of the alt-right, raise their hands!

(Somebody tell me if anyone raises their hands. If it's PaleoMan, he's on my "do not disturb" list.)

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                                considering there's only a handful of moderate to conservative posters here, it shouldnt be hard for you to list a few names. I'm curious also.
                                I'm pretty moderate, considering you have guys in this forum (on both ends of the spectrum) who say we should blow up the whole system and start over. Against that backdrop, there's not a nickel's worth of difference between you and me. Hell, I love my country.

Comment

Working...
                                X