Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "New Yahoo News/YouGov poll: Most Trump voters say they will not accept the 2020 results if Biden wins because of mail-in ballots" https://www.aol.com/article/news/202...lots/24578630/

For some, the quote immediately recalled a line from Orwell’s dystopian novel 1984: “The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
    or word per word by trump “What you’re seeing and what you’re reading is not what’s happening,” Trump said.

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
      "New Yahoo News/YouGov poll: Most Trump voters say they will not accept the 2020 results if Biden wins because of mail-in ballots" https://www.aol.com/article/news/202...lots/24578630/

For some, the quote immediately recalled a line from Orwell’s dystopian novel 1984: “The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
      or word per word by trump “What you’re seeing and what you’re reading is not what’s happening,” Trump said.
      It's a sad, sad reality that a third of this nation thinks education and intelligence are something to be ridiculed and ignored.

But reality, it is.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        Yes. In fact, no snark intended, CNBC lists it at 40 million at risk. Both articles I read didn't detail what "at risk" or "on the brink" meant, but I'll certainly agree it means a very large number.

OTOH, there's a lot of "bubble" type behavior, too, like this: https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/p...091502928.html
        yeah we're fucked, thank god I'm poor. (wait I'm an ashiest--thank good vibrations)
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• This is a post from reddit, and why I always role mt eyes when people think Trump has finally gone too far...

"You all don't get it. I live in Trump country, in the Ozarks in southern Missouri, one of the last places where the KKK still has a relatively strong established presence. They don't give a shit what he does. He's just something to rally around and hate liberals, that's it, period. He absolutely realizes that and plays it up, they love it, he knows they love it, and the fact that people act like it's anything other than that just proves that liberals are idiots, all the more reason for high fives all around.

If you keep getting caught up in why do they not realize blah blah blah and how can they still back him after blah blah blah, you are not understanding what is the underlying motivating factor of his support. It's fuck liberals, that's pretty much it.

Have you noticed he can do pretty much anything imaginable and they'll explain some way that rationalizes it that makes zero logical sense? Because they're not even keeping track of any logical narrative, it's irrelevant, fuck liberals is the only relevant thing, trust me, I know first hand what I'm talking about. That's why they just laugh at it all, because you all don't even realize they really truly don't give a fuck about whatever the conversation is about, it's just a side mission story that doesn't really matter anyways. That's all just trivial details - the economy, health care, whatever. Fuck liberals.

Look at the thing with not wearing the masks. I can tell you what that's about. It's about exposing fear. They're playing chicken with nature and whoever flinches just moved down their internal pecking order, one step closer to being a liberal.

You gotta understand the one core value that they hold above all others is hatred for what they consider weakness, because that's what they believe strength is, hatred for weakness. And I mean passionate, sadistic hatred. And I'm not exaggerating. Believe me. Sadistic, passionate hatred, and that's what proves they're strong, their passionate hatred for weakness. Sometimes they lump in vulnerability, a compromised circumstance, or an overwhelming circumstance in their with weakness, too, because people tend to start humbling themselves when they're in those circumstances and that's an obvious sign of weakness.

Kindness=weakness. Honesty=weakness. Compromise=weakness. They consider their very existence to be superior in every way to anyone who doesn't hate weakness as much as they do. They consider liberals to be weak people that are inferior, almost a different species, and the fact that liberals are so weak is why they have to unite in large numbers, which they find disgusting, but it's that disgust that is a true expression of their natural superiority.

Go ahead and try to have a logical, rational conversation with them though. Just keep in mind what I said here and think about it."
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• hey is laying down truth bombs. I mean, that is it. Liberals, this batch of people whining about equal rights for all, and kinder treatment for the poor with safety net, or boo hoo kids in cages at border, and BLM, its like drizzling nothing on the heads of the trump supporter. They may wait for you to stop jawing before saying fu, or they may just blurt fu over and over again as you try to outline why something is true, or makes sense, or will help.

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
              hey is laying down truth bombs. I mean, that is it. Liberals, this batch of people whining about equal rights for all, and kinder treatment for the poor with safety net, or boo hoo kids in cages at border, and BLM, its like drizzling nothing on the heads of the trump supporter. They may wait for you to stop jawing before saying fu, or they may just blurt fu over and over again as you try to outline why something is true, or makes sense, or will help.
              just to clarify, it's not my post from reddit, but I agree with it 100%. My mom constantly doesn't understand how people can act like this. It's not because they don't understand, it's because they don't care. Some people just want to watch the world burn.
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• I guess we just have to beat the living fuck out of every Trump Supporter we see to prove we're not weak, even dragging them from the SUV isn't violent enough--Maybe a bat to the head?

Seriously, I know people like my little brother who says he voted for Trump just to piss liberals off so Hey's post rings true.

And before anyone get's huffy--I was being SARCASTIC.

So what's the solution if one third of the country is in it only to watch the other 2/3rds eat shit and die?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Burning down Portland?
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                    I guess we just have to beat the living fuck out of every Trump Supporter we see to prove we're not weak, even dragging them from the SUV isn't violent enough--Maybe a bat to the head?

Seriously, I know people like my little brother who says he voted for Trump just to piss liberals off so Hey's post rings true.

So what's the solution if one third of the country is in it only to watch the other 2/3rds eat shit and die?
                    Overwhelm them at the polls and ensure they're never in power again.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Burning down Portland?
                      Wait, weren't protests peaceful last night after the federal goonsquad was kicked out?
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Burning down Portland?
                        Hyperbole?

And the Feds leave yesterday so last night's protests were peaceful. Imagine that.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                          I guess we just have to beat the living fuck out of every Trump Supporter we see to prove we're not weak, even dragging them from the SUV isn't violent enough--Maybe a bat to the head?

Sarcasm aside, in a fight between Trump's base and the much larger majority, I think I may put odds on his base. They may be less than 1/3 of the population, but I'd bet they have at least 2/3s of the guns.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                            Sarcasm aside, in a fight between Trump's base and the much larger majority, I think I may put odds on his base. They may be less than 1/3 of the population, but I'd bet they have at least 2/3s of the guns.
                            This Dem is packin' and goes to the range every week!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              This Dem is packin' and goes to the range every week!
                              Yeah, but that is cuz you are an ex-Repub . I think you picked the more moral side, but the less armed one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                                Just like wealth, i suspect that 1% of the population owns the majority of the guns. Even if someone owns 100 guns, they can only use one at a time. Ok maybe two if they watched a lot of action movies.
                                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X