Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump's influence on his base continues to astound me. They pick him over the guy who legitimized him early in his run. I shed no tears at all for Jeff Sessions, and take joy I am not entirely proud of for him helping to create the monster that is Trump and now being devoured by said monster. But it does amaze me that the favored son of Alabama conservatives got soundly beat by a total political novice because he did the right thing in recusing himself. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so disturbing. Actually, it is still hilarious as it is disturbing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      Trump's influence on his base continues to astound me. They pick him over the guy who legitimized him early in his run. I shed no tears at all for Jeff Sessions, and take joy I am not entirely proud of for him helping to create the monster that is Trump and now being devoured by said monster. But it does amaze me that the favored son of Alabama conservatives got soundly beat by a total political novice because he did the right thing in recusing himself. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so disturbing. Actually, it is still hilarious as it is disturbing.
      Sessions could have been a senator forever in Alabama forever if he just would have stayed away from Trump

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        Trump's influence on his base continues to astound me. They pick him over the guy who legitimized him early in his run. I shed no tears at all for Jeff Sessions, and take joy I am not entirely proud of for him helping to create the monster that is Trump and now being devoured by said monster. But it does amaze me that the favored son of Alabama conservatives got soundly beat by a total political novice because he did the right thing in recusing himself. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so disturbing. Actually, it is still hilarious as it is disturbing.
        As swampdragon noted, Sessions doesn't lose if he never leaves his seat as Senator in the first place. But it's not like his opponent lacked name recognition even though he was a "total political novice". Tuberville was a massively successful college coach in a state where college football is still revered. I love reading these news reports that imply Tuberville just came out of nowhere in Alabama. It'd be like Derek Jeter running in New York had he chosen a path different from owning the Marlins.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          As swampdragon noted, Sessions doesn't lose if he never leaves his seat as Senator in the first place. But it's not like his opponent lacked name recognition even though he was a "total political novice". Tuberville was a massively successful college coach in a state where college football is still revered. I love reading these news reports that imply Tuberville just came out of nowhere in Alabama. It'd be like Derek Jeter running in New York had he chosen a path different from owning the Marlins.
          Yeah, but a Bama fan voting for an Auburn coach who beat them 6 straight times? THAT'S the Trump influence right there.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
            Yeah, but a Bama fan voting for an Auburn coach who beat them 6 straight times? THAT'S the Trump influence right there.
            Or, anyone smart enough to beat Nick Saban six times in a row is a heck of a lot smarter than Sessions. Now, that's from my extensive database of Alabama fans/boosters (precisely one person) who has also swore to start a recall if Tuberville screams "WAR EAGLE" after he wins the general election.

Comment

Or, anyone smart enough to beat Nick Saban six times in a row is a heck of a lot smarter than Sessions. Now, that's from my extensive database of Alabama fans/boosters (precisely one person) who has also swore to start a recall if Tuberville screams "WAR EAGLE" after he wins the general election.
              He actually only went 1-1 against Saban since Saban did not start at Bama until 2007. I'm surprised he could get any support, since he lost to Bama once, losing the Auburn vote, but beat Bama once, losing the Bama vote.

Comment

• Mary Trump's tell-all book about her uncle sold 950,000 copies by the end of its first day on sale, according to publisher Simon & Schuster.
                That figure, which included pre-sales, as well as e-books and audiobooks, is a new record for Simon & Schuster, the company said.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• And Trump has apparently deployed a federal military security force to black op protestors. They were in Portland snatching people off the street in unmarked vans in camo with no names or designations.

And people wonder why I worry he'll refuse to leave office come January.
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Ruth Bader Ginsburg's cancer is back. I hope she can make it to Jan. 20.

If not, we are going to have to figure out how to pull off "A Weekend at Ruthie's".
                    "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                    - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                    - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                      Ruth Bader Ginsburg's cancer is back. I hope she can make it to Jan. 20.

If not, we are going to have to figure out how to pull off "A Weekend at Ruthie's".
                      You know McConnell is licking his chops right about now--like the harbinger of death just waiting outside RBGs window.
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                        You know McConnell is licking his chops right about now--like the harbinger of death just waiting outside RBGs window.
                        McConnell couldn't be that much of a hypocrite, could he?!?
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          McConnell couldn't be that much of a hypocrite, could he?!?
                          He'd get a nominee in so quick you'd think he was Usain Bolt.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I would give a whole lot to ensure that she outlived him. He can't shed this mortal coil soon enough.

Comment

He'd get a nominee in so quick you'd think he was Usain Bolt.
                              On this, we agree. That mysterious chant you're hearing....it's "Janice Rogers Brown..Janice Rogers Brown..Janice Rogers Brown"

Comment

On this, we agree. That mysterious chant you're hearing....it's "Janice Rogers Brown..Janice Rogers Brown..Janice Rogers Brown"
                                I think Trump might try and appoint himself since he's going to need a new job pretty soon........

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X