This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
    Donny obviously never read "How to Win and Influence People". His speech last night threw our allies in EU under the bus. Oh, and they are pissed.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/c...ravel-n1156286

And if anyone has concern that Trump will go after Biden and his cognitive issues. Did you notice how many times Trump didn't pluralize words that should have been last night.

He is a freakin' disaster.
    He truly is. It is scary. As for Biden, I feel comfort in knowing that even if he isn't as sharp as he used to be, he absolutely won't stand in the way and try to trip the good people around them that try to do their jobs like Trump continues to do.

Comment

Donny obviously never read "How to Win and Influence People". His speech last night threw our allies in EU under the bus. Oh, and they are pissed.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/c...ravel-n1156286

And if anyone has concern that Trump will go after Biden and his cognitive issues. Did you notice how many times Trump didn't pluralize words that should have been last night.

He is a freakin' disaster.
      Little factiod, the 3 countries you can still travel to in Europe even after the ban--coincidentally have Trump resorts.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• This is a timeline of the national embarrassment, Trump’s, response to the coronavirus epidemic:

January 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”

February 2: “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China.”

February 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”

February 25: “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”

February 26: “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”

February 26: “We're going very substantially down, not up.”

February 27: “One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”

February 28: “We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical.”

March 2: “You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?”

March 2: “A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly.”

March 4: “If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better.”

March 5: “I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work.”

March 5: “The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!”

March 6: “I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down.”

March 6: “Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there. And the tests are beautiful…. the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good.”

March 6: “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”

March 6: “I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault.”

March 8: “We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus.”

March 9: “This blindsided the world.”

Comment

• If anyone votes for this clown after his press conference yesterday, where he uttered the words that will live for all eternity: "I take no responsibility," then shame on them. Enough is enough with this loser.

Comment

• "The China Virus" Man, this guy is amazing in how he continues to race bait, but his base loves him for it.

They will love it when China looks us in the throws of this pandemic and starts dropping bombs on the West Coast because they're tired of Donnie blaming them and their culture.
            "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
            - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
            - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

"The China Virus" Man, this guy is amazing in how he continues to race bait, but his base loves him for it.

They will love it when China looks us in the throws of this pandemic and starts dropping bombs on the West Coast because they're tired of Donnie blaming them and their culture.
              Will these folks be to blame for the bombings or just Trump?

Travelers on direct and indirect flights from Wuhan, China to international airports in New York, San Francisco and Los Angeles will be screened for the Chinese Coronavirus starting Saturday.

The National Institutes of Health is working on a vaccine against the new virus that has infected hundreds and killed four in Asia.

China said 80 have died, and its official number of infected people jumped to 2,744 across 30 provinces. Conditions in the Chinese countryside, with its poor medical infrastructure, are especially dire.

Plenty of other examples of other folks that lean left (LA Times, NBC, Buzzfeed etc).using that term as well if you want to Google them.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                Will these folks be to blame for the bombings or just Trump?

Travelers on direct and indirect flights from Wuhan, China to international airports in New York, San Francisco and Los Angeles will be screened for the Chinese Coronavirus starting Saturday.

The National Institutes of Health is working on a vaccine against the new virus that has infected hundreds and killed four in Asia.

China said 80 have died, and its official number of infected people jumped to 2,744 across 30 provinces. Conditions in the Chinese countryside, with its poor medical infrastructure, are especially dire.

Plenty of other examples of other folks that lean left (LA Times, NBC, Buzzfeed etc).using that term as well if you want to Google them.
                People using it in January when 99+% of the cases in the world were in China, versus Trump using it now to say "it's not my fault, it's those dang Chinese", are not exactly the same.
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                  People using it in January when 99+% of the cases in the world were in China, versus Trump using it now to say "it's not my fault, it's those dang Chinese", are not exactly the same.
                  "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                  - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                  - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

It wasn’t a racist term until Trump used it, then it was. Guess folks need to get a political gain out of a crisis.
                    Which of the following is also racist:
                    Spanish Flu, West Nile Flu, Lyme’s Disease, Asian Flu?

Comment

It wasn’t a racist term until Trump used it, then it was. Guess folks need to get a political gain out of a crisis.
                      Maybe GOP Sen John Cornyn can answer that.

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        Maybe GOP Sen John Cornyn can answer that.

https://twitter.com/texasdemocrats/s...331460608?s=09
                        Those comments seem a lot more incendiary and racist to me than saying ‘China virus’ but kudos for trying hard to equate the two.
                        ETA- plus cultural insensitivity aside, isn’t he wrong about it being transferred from what they ate? I thought I read that has been debunked as the source.
                        Last edited by nots; 03-19-2020, 12:04 PM.

Comment

I didn't say it was racist. Why do you think Trump switched from calling it coronavirus to calling it China virus?
                          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

I didn't say it was racist. Why do you think Trump switched from calling it coronavirus to calling it China virus?
                            No, ITC said it was.
                            I don’t pretend to know what Trump thinks.
                            Last edited by nots; 03-19-2020, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Some folks have earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to stuff like this. Trump has earned his Racist moniker and thus, gets no air.
                              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

No, ITC said it was.
                                I don’t pretend to know what Trump thinks.
                                That's easy--he doesn't.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X