This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    It's not right, it's TW's far left rantings.
    Did you ever have any substance? It seems like a far off memory.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• I still can't believe the title of this thread.
      “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
        I still can't believe the title of this thread.
        LOL, I know what you mean.

I recently moved from solid blue NJ to mixed Pennsylvania, and while the Trumpies here are not that evident, unlike in NJ, every now and again I will see some moron with a MAGA or Trump 2020 hat. Obviously many voted for the clown and will continue to do so, and that is what it is -- but when you're advertising in public that you readily support a racist, misogynistic bigot, I find it so disrespectful. You may as well walk around with a Klansman hood.

What can some MAGA clown be thinking wearing that dunce cap when passing by a minority? Disrespectful a---holes.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          What can some MAGA clown be thinking wearing that dunce cap when passing by a minority? Disrespectful a---holes.
          Cult members don't have to think, just blindly support.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• The Stooge to save the day! This was from his cult rally last night: "There are some people who want to change the name Thanksgiving. They don't want to use the name Thanksgiving. And that was true also with Christmas but now everyone is using Christmas again""

Comment

The Stooge to save the day! This was from his cult rally last night: "There are some people who want to change the name Thanksgiving. They don't want to use the name Thanksgiving. And that was true also with Christmas but now everyone is using Christmas again""
              "Some people" is one of his go-to phrases. I guess it's hard to disprove. Even though I've never met anyone who wants to change the name Thanksgiving and haven't heard a thing about any such movement, I'm sure in this big old world there are "some people" who want to change the name Thanksgiving.

Easier to disprove, of course, is "Now everyone is using Christmas again", lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                "Some people" is one of his go-to phrases. I guess it's hard to disprove. Even though I've never met anyone who wants to change the name Thanksgiving and haven't heard a thing about any such movement, I'm sure in this big old world there are "some people" who want to change the name Thanksgiving.

The bigger issue is that he can literally make anything up and have his eager cultists believe him.

Comment

• I've heard that some people say that a number of checks are conducted to ensure everything he says is accurate & truthful.

It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Everyone in the colloquial sense of course. Which means Trump, Giuliani, Ivanka, and Jared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      This cannot be right.

The goal is to get Trump out first and then the Repubs second. Otherwise this whole Trump thing has just been another whiny political business as usual.
                      Now that Obama has reportedly said he would interfere in the primary if Sanders were running away with it, do you care to re-examine my initial statement that ruffled so many feathers?

Combine my two statements, "the DNC would rather lose with Biden than win with Sanders." And my later statement "The DNC put more effort into sabotaging and attacking their own progressive candidates than they do attacking Republicans. Look at Obama's rebuke of progressivism. It's not hard to see this."

What I meant by "the DNC" was the Democratic party power brokers. Obama, Clinton, Pelosi. Do you really think these people always act out of party interest and never personal interests? Even B-Fly found the notion of Obama interfering unsettling.
                      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        Everyone in the colloquial sense of course. Which means Trump, Giuliani, Ivanka, and Jared.
                        Half of that quartet presumably doesn't even celebrate Christmas, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                          Now that Obama has reportedly said he would interfere in the primary if Sanders were running away with it, do you care to re-examine my initial statement that ruffled so many feathers?

Combine my two statements, "the DNC would rather lose with Biden than win with Sanders." And my later statement "The DNC put more effort into sabotaging and attacking their own progressive candidates than they do attacking Republicans. Look at Obama's rebuke of progressivism. It's not hard to see this."

What I meant by "the DNC" was the Democratic party power brokers. Obama, Clinton, Pelosi. Do you really think these people always act out of party interest and never personal interests? Even B-Fly found the notion of Obama interfering unsettling.
                          I did, but have to object to conflation of "the DNC" with individual power brokers within the Democratic Party. There's a big difference between an individual making a public endorsement or criticism (even if I think it's a misguided one) on the one hand, and the organization that is charged with setting and enforcing the rules of the road with respect to the primaries and nomination process "sabotaging" a candidate and/or "fixing" the result on the other hand. As much as I disagree with Obama "speaking up" to stop Sanders, it's not anti-democratic (small d) or nefarious for him to do so if so chooses, just as it wasn't anti-democratic or nefarious for Bill Clinton to openly campaign for Hillary Clinton and to criticize her primary opponents in 2008 and 2016.

Comment

Half of that quartet presumably doesn't even celebrate Christmas, lol.
                            And the other half cant figure out why santa doesnt bring them presents
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                              6 weeks have passed now, and support for impeachment, according to 538's poll tracker has it up to... 46.3%. Oh wait, that's down 5 pts.... hmm, that can't be right. You guys promised me deliverables!
                              Now at 48.8% to impeach and 43.5% not to impeach on 538. And BTW, the high water mark was 50.3% so you exaggerated the drop a smidge. The 43.5% not to impeach is just above the low water mark of 43.3%.

Comment

Now at 48.8% to impeach and 43.5% not to impeach on 538. And BTW, the high water mark was 50.3% so you exaggerated the drop a smidge. The 43.5% not to impeach is just above the low water mark of 43.3%.
                                He didn’t exaggerate. New polling came out almost immediately after his post. What he said was accurate at the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X