This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
    With everything the country has gone through under him in the last two years, the thing that really makes him wonder if this is still the country he grew up in is a rich white guy actually going to jail for things he did.
    That actually makes me wonder if this is still America too, lol. Of course, he'll almost certainly be pardoned for any federal crimes.

Comment

• Reports coming out that John Kelly will be resigning today or tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        “His chief promises were that he would build the wall, defund Planned Parenthood and repeal Obamacare, and he hasn’t done any of those things...Trump doesn’t understand the system, and his own agencies don’t support him."

“He knows very little about the legislative process, hasn’t learned anything, hasn’t surrounded himself with people that can get it done, hasn’t done all the things you need to do, so it’s mostly his fault that he hasn’t achieved those things."

Who said the above in a recent interview? Tucker Carlson.

It seems the tide is turning on Trump. Is this because some want to distance themselves and the GOP from him, for fear of the reckoning that the Mueller investigation may bring?
        Tucker must be aiming for Megyn Kelly's old slot on NBC, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Reports coming out that John Kelly will be resigning today or tomorrow.
          Has there ever been a WH with this much turn over across the board? Trump seems to either fire or have someone resign on him every other week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            Has there ever been a WH with this much turn over across the board? Trump seems to either fire or have someone resign on him every other week.
            It’s because he sees it as the natural extension and progression of his wildly successful reality TV show, which was also the most watched TV show ever! Him being President, making everything great again, is the most real reality show in the history of the world, believe me! And, oh by the way, YOU’RE FIRED!

Ugh! Dysfunction after dysfunction! Elections have consequences, unfortunately he is one of them!!
            I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Rex Tillerson gives some thoughts on Trump in an interview with CBS...

"In a rare public appearance since he was fired from office, former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson called President Donald Trump "undisciplined" and claimed that Trump would often ask him to do things unaware that such actions would violate the law.

"When the President would say, 'Here's what I want to do and here's how I want to do it.' And I'd have to say to him, 'Well Mr. President, I understand what you want to do, but you can't do it that way. It violates the law. It violates treaty,'" Tillerson said Thursday night at a fundraiser in Houston for the MD Anderson Cancer Center, according to video of the event posted by CBS News.
              He went on to add, "He got really frustrated ... I think he grew tired of me being the guy every day that told him you can't do that and let's talk about what we can do."
              Tillerson's comments during a conversation with former CBS News' Bob Schieffer elicited some laughs from the audience."

In a rare public appearance since he was fired from office, former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson called President Donald Trump “undisciplined” and claimed that Trump would often ask him to do things unaware that such actions would violate the law.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                Rex Tillerson gives some thoughts on Trump in an interview with CBS...

"In a rare public appearance since he was fired from office, former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson called President Donald Trump "undisciplined" and claimed that Trump would often ask him to do things unaware that such actions would violate the law.

"When the President would say, 'Here's what I want to do and here's how I want to do it.' And I'd have to say to him, 'Well Mr. President, I understand what you want to do, but you can't do it that way. It violates the law. It violates treaty,'" Tillerson said Thursday night at a fundraiser in Houston for the MD Anderson Cancer Center, according to video of the event posted by CBS News.
                He went on to add, "He got really frustrated ... I think he grew tired of me being the guy every day that told him you can't do that and let's talk about what we can do."
                Tillerson's comments during a conversation with former CBS News' Bob Schieffer elicited some laughs from the audience."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/07/polit...ump/index.html
                I'm reading Bob Woodward's book, and he portrays Tillerson as a guy who absolutely hated Trump and was one of the few who couldn't keep it contained.

EDIT -- I guess The Dope saw the comments, because he couldn't help himself today:

Comment

• LOL @ that Trump tweet. It's honestly hilarious but...the President of the United States, ladies and gentlemen.

Mike Pompeo is doing a great job, I am very proud of him. His predecessor, Rex Tillerson, didn’t have the mental capacity needed. He was dumb as a rock and I couldn’t get rid of him fast enough. He was lazy as hell. Now it is a whole new ballgame, great spirit at State!
                  — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 7, 2018

Comment

• So, now that Rex Tillerson is criticizing Trump, I take it he’s no longer a Putin-inspired stooge? Just checking.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• I was amused by the Cohen prosecution narrative that he worked to "influence the election results" by agreeing to pay off gals who Trump slept with, so as to not lose ground politically.

I'll go look for a unicorn, you go look for a 2016 voter who chose Trump - but would have gone in a different direction if these ladies had come forward during the campaign.

You'd have to ask a Trump voter why they voted for the guy, but some ex-Playboy playmate and another gal announcing their status as more notches on his bedpost doesn't strike me as a likely "move the needle" moment for them.

a better question is why they bothered to pay these women off at all. as Kris Kristofferson wrote, "when you ain't got nothing, you got nothing to lose."
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• i kind of liked Tillerson as far as listening to him speak on the radio. i thought he sounded like the only adult in at the WH. and Trump calling him dumb as a rock is an example of why Trumps going to be dragged from the WH kicking and screaming. he's trashed a lot of people. for example, say he does banking with foreign banks, and our allies find something fishy. do you think they'll sit on that information out of respect for the leader of the free world, or do you think he's pissed them off and they share it. that's just one example.

i suppose when you think about how many sharks are swimming in a circle around Donald right now, it's impressive he's still swimming.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          So, now that Rex Tillerson is criticizing Trump, I take it he’s no longer a Putin-inspired stooge? Just checking.
                          Just presenting what he said, didn't love him as a secretary of state. Anytime anyone leaves an admin from the opposite party as you or in this case me I don't expect us to love their politics, but it doesn't mean he is making stuff up. He was at least a CEO of a company on merit not because daddy bankrolled him to it.

Comment

• LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Comment

• Lololololololololololololololol. And Dan Quayle got crushed for "tomatoe."

Comment

• He does use the "best" words.
                                It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                                Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Working...
                                X